Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-3) @ Detroit (9-27-15)

oldunclemark

8:30 EST sold out Ford Field in Detroit

NBC - Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth... over-under 44 1/2

Lions home opener after losing at SD and Minnesota.

Matthew Stafford (51 of 83, 532 yards, 4TDs, 3 INTs) is probably but almost certainly will play.

Detroit cant fall to 0-3.

Stafford faces a Denver 'D' which has not allowed a pass TD yet.

All-pro Calvin Johnson has 12 catches for 122 yards...'Goldfinger' Golden Tate has 10 catches for 104

Lions have just 107 yards rushing in 2 games

Peyton 'Papa John' Manning is 50 of 85 for 341 yards with 3 Tds and 2 INTs

WR Demariyus Thomas has 15 catches for 176

Emmanuel Sanders has 16 catches for 152..

Broncos have just 130 yards rushing (2.8 per carry)

Brandon McManus has three 50+ field goals ..Lions Matt Prater is the former Denver kicker

Detroit LB Deandre Levy hasn't played all year and is doubtful Sunday..

With Stafford (and maybe Peyton) playing hurt, I wouldn't jump at the 'over', which seems low

But the Broncos will get enough turnovers to win and cover 3 points (If you get 2 1/2, jump on it)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew Stafford (51 of 83, 532 yards, 4TDs, 3 INTs) is probably but almost certainly will play.

All-pro Calvin Johnson has 12 catches for 122 yards...'Goldfinger' Golden Tate has 10 catches for 104

Brandon McManus has three 50+ field goals ..Lions Matt Prater is the former Denver kicker

With Stafford (and maybe Peyton) playing hurt, I wouldn't jump at the 'over', which seems low

But the Broncos will get enough turnovers to win and cover 3 points (If you get 2 1/2, jump on it)

Are you a Broncos fan or a Colts fan? I've seen a lot of your posts and I can't tell.

He is a Colts fan who still roots for Peyton. There are a few of us here that feel the same

Yep...hard to stop cheering for a guy that classy and that has done all he has for our community. I just look at it like now I have two chances for my guys to win it all so if either Colts (my first choice) or Peyton win I'm happy. Its a great feeling when both play well on Sunday.

I think Detroit comes out with a vengance...if Denver can weather the early storm I think they win 24-18. A lot of negative media surrounding Stafford and that team right now...I think they look to get the crowd involved and come out swinging this week.

This game scares me. Older quarterbacks get the royal s!#% beat out of them in big primetime games alot.

Denver will win. Their Defense is just playing on another level right now and Detroit hasn't looked good at all. I even think this is where Peyton comes out of his slump and throws for 3 TD's and around 300 Yards. It's in a dome which Peyton thrives on

:hello:

Yeah I am one of them as well. I have been a diehard Colts fan since 1984 but because of how great Peyton was here and what he's done for the city I still root for him unless he is playing us of course. I loved the Colts beating him in the Playoffs last season but had they eliminated us I would've rooted for him to go all the way.

This is a tough game to predict. The fact that is in Detroit makes me think the Lions should win this but they have not looked good this season but the again neither has Denver except for its defense. I think in the end Denver finds a way to win like it did the first two weeks.

The Denver D will play faster indoors, IMO. Megatron can win physical battles against anyone, let alone Talib, and Stafford has to just trust him and let the big guy go up and get it a few times to make any noise on offense. I can see Stafford throwing the first offensive pass TD vs the Broncos to Megatron easily but I also see 2 to 3 INTs/turnovers for the Lions if Stafford waits around for the play to develop because Wade Philips is not the kind to wait around with his D.

Broncos 27 Detroit 23

Are you a Broncos fan or a Colts fan? I've seen a lot of your posts and I can't tell.

I'm a fan of the greatest professional team of the 70s 80s and 90s, the mighty Oakland Raiders!!!

Seriously. I'm an old time Denver fan from the John Elway days (Not so much in the Cutler and Tebow days) but I'm a Colts fan going back to Johnny Us final days. (Yes, I'm that old)..

Right now, I dont really want to see Denver play the Colts because I cant root against Peyton or Andrew.

Yep...hard to stop cheering for a guy that classy and that has done all he has for our community. I just look at it like now I have two chances for my guys to win it all so if either Colts (my first choice) or Peyton win I'm happy. Its a great feeling when both play well on Sunday.

That's almost exactly where I am, dg....

8:30 EST sold out Ford Field in DetroitNBC - Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth... over-under 44 1/2Lions home opener after losing at SD and Minnesota.Matthew Stafford (51 of 83, 532 yards, 4TDs, 3 INTs) is probably but almost certainly will play.Detroit cant fall to 0-3.Stafford faces a Denver 'D' which has not allowed a pass TD yet.All-pro Calvin Johnson has 12 catches for 122 yards...'Goldfinger' Golden Tate has 10 catches for 104Lions have just 107 yards rushing in 2 gamesPeyton 'Papa John' Manning is 50 of 85 for 341 yards with 3 Tds and 2 INTsWR Demariyus Thomas has 15 catches for 176Emmanuel Sanders has 16 catches for 152..Broncos have just 130 yards rushing (2.8 per carry)Brandon McManus has three 50+ field goals ..Lions Matt Prater is the former Denver kickerDetroit LB Deandre Levy hasn't played all year and is doubtful Sunday..With Stafford (and maybe Peyton) playing hurt, I wouldn't jump at the 'over', which seems lowBut the Broncos will get enough turnovers to win and cover 3 points (If you get 2 1/2, jump on it)

BTW...

Thanks for reminding us all that we will have to endure approximately 3.5 hours of ear torture by chris collinsworth duringthe game...

#chris collinswoth = why they invented mute buttons...

BTW...

Thanks for reminding us all that we will have to endure approximately 3.5 hours of ear torture by chris collinsworth duringthe game...

#chris collinswoth = why they invented mute buttons...

It's really frustrating,  because I do like to hear the commentary during the games, but it's pretty much a "given"  that I will end up using the mute button.

This is a tough game to predict. The fact that is in Detroit makes me think the Lions should win this but they have not looked good this season but the again neither has Denver except for its defense. I think in the end Denver finds a way to win like it did the first two weeks.

It could be wild...Detroit is 0-2 but this is the home opener and I'm sure with 'Papa John' in town, everybody there has been looking forward to it..

....Anxious to see the Lions rookie runner who was so good in the pre-season

I'm a fan of the greatest professional team of the 70s 80s and 90s, the mighty Oakland Raiders!!!

Seriously. I'm an old time Denver fan from the John Elway days (Not so much in the Cutler and Tebow days) but I'm a Colts fan going back to Johnny Us final days. (Yes, I'm that old)..

Right now, I dont really want to see Denver play the Colts because I cant root against Peyton or Andrew.

I thought you were also a Bears fan.