Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irsay, Your The Man!

MCurtis32

It was time for a change, and you recognized it. As successful as your franchise has been, it could have been much better with stronger leadership that was able to adapt to the changing winds of the NFL. Pick your General manager. Get a strong minded coach and he will pick OC and DC and his own staff. Fisher would be nice! To answer all the fisher criticism, Fishers record wasn't bad for the qb's he had to deal with. The Titan's were the Colts toughest opponent for a long time. McNair,Young,Volec. Coaches are only as good as thier decisions and thier players. What could he do with these players here in indy? Look what Caldwell did with our players his first year. Fisher would make darn sure his career did not hinge on one man to be successful. Once again, thank you Mr. Irsay.

"YOU'RE" the man, not 'YOUR'.

You'll watch the English language get butchered and LIKE IT! (It's ok, it annoys me as well.)

Still, I agree with the topic line. Irsay showed some serious cojones (sp?) today. I gained a great deal of respect for a man I didn't think had it in him to pull the trigger and take the reigns of his franchise.

It's good that he's not involved as much as other owners, and that he only steps in when he NEEDS to. And that's what this was. Props Jim.

He's dodged the Caldwell bullet, but that's fine. He's done all he has to. The new GM will take care of the rest.

Sorry Doogans quest. I was just really excited over the news. I hate ebonics, I think that is how it's spelled, ie; howz it cuz. And using LOL or IMHO is foriegn to me in some cases. However, they can be a time saver. I would rather be spell checked by a Colt fan then have this done by a Patriot fan with no good answers in an argument.

A little off topic but anyone find it weird that dn4192 posts stopped around the same time Polian was fired? Maybe that was Bill after all......

I said it all along, he was a hired hand. No doubt in my mind. On the other hand maybe he worked for Jim and we prompted changes, Jim said he watched blogs.