Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Possible Coaches Next Season (Civil)

CheezyColt

I am definitely not sold on the OL coach here. One - game day performances are wildly inconsistent, and two - line up choices are inconsistent as well leading to little continuity, IMO. I do think, of all the coaches, the OL coach is the first one I would look to change.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might as well forget about that one

I can actually see some nasty split between Harbaugh and UM in the very near future. He wasn't adoring them in the media when he was just getting going in the College ranks.

http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2007/05/jim-harbaugh-disses-michigan.html

This caused a huge rift in their relationship. Add in the fact that Harbaugh waited forever to sign with Michigan when most people thought it was a forgone conclusion... I took it as he was waiting for a better opportunity. He isn't the type of guy to coach with one foot out the door, but most people closest to Harbaugh said that he prefers to coach in the NFL. 

I can actually see some nasty split between Harbaugh and UM in the very near future. He wasn't adoring them in the media when he was just getting going in the College ranks.

http://michiganzone.blogspot.com/2007/05/jim-harbaugh-disses-michigan.html

This caused a huge rift in their relationship. Add in the fact that Harbaugh waited forever to sign with Michigan when most people thought it was a forgone conclusion... I took it as he was waiting for a better opportunity. He isn't the type of guy to coach with one foot out the door, but most people closest to Harbaugh said that he prefers to coach in the NFL.

q

He isn't leaving after one year

All speculation aside, when Andrew is done here, Pagano will be done the following year unless another Andrew falls out of the sky. Take Andrew away right now and this team will be bottom tier and Pagano would not even be here! The coaching carousel in the bottom 2/3 of the league moves very fast!

you can say that about just about any team who is built around a franchise QB. Honestly take Rodgers away from the Packers how good are they? What would Denver do without Peyton? Why do the Pats not want Brady to miss four games? The only one who would probably do well is Seattle and frankly Wilson doesn't produce like the other franchise QBs do on this list thus they don't depend on him like these other teams depend on their franchise QBs and why some argue Wilson is not an elite QB yet either. Still take Wilson away and you have the Houston Texans, good enough to win games but they aren't competing for Super Bowls. I know the Pats once won 11 games without Brady but that was an exception to the rule.

you can say that about just about any team who is built around a franchise QB. Honestly take Rodgers away from the Packers how good are they? What would Denver do without Peyton? Why do the Pats not want Brady to miss four games? The only one who would probably do well is Seattle and frankly Wilson doesn't produce like the other franchise QBs do on this list thus they don't depend on him like these other teams depend on their franchise QBs and why some argue Wilson is not an elite QB yet either. Still take Wilson away and you have the Houston Texans, good enough to win games but they aren't competing for Super Bowls. I know the Pats once won 11 games without Brady but that was an exception to the rule.

To win you need to score ... a lot. If you do not have a top tier QB this is an impossible task in the NFL and it does not matter who your general manager, head coach or chief cook is. We have that QB but are still not producing Super Bowl wins .... now you can point at the coach, general manager, owner, cheerleaders etc. Honestly, I can't say any .... other than the cheerleaders .... have done a great job or anything that would result in the required win. Conversely, I can see things going the other way as nothing has been done to protect the most valuable asset, that being major improvements on the OL. If this continues I can see a major disaster coming down the pipe. 

To win you need to score ... a lot. If you do not have a top tier QB this is an impossible task in the NFL and it does not matter who your general manager, head coach or chief cook is. We have that QB but are still not producing Super Bowl wins .... now you can point at the coach, general manager, owner, cheerleaders etc. Honestly, I can't say any .... other than the cheerleaders .... have done a great job or anything that would result in the required win. Conversely, I can see things going the other way as nothing has been done to protect the most valuable asset, that being major improvements on the OL. If this continues I can see a major disaster coming down the pipe.

Luck has only played three seasons with the colts on a completely re done roster and you were expecting a super bowl? That's ridiculous. The colts IMO have over achieved these past three years. This years roster is the best roster the colts have had to win a super bowl.

And just because someone disagrees with your negativity doesn't make them a cheerleader.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - baiting
Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - baiting

Luck has only played three seasons with the colts on a completely re done roster and you were expecting a super bowl? That's ridiculous. The colts IMO have over achieved these past three years. This years roster is the best roster the colts have had to win a super bowl.

And just because someone disagrees with your negativity doesn't make them a cheerleader.

If it looks like a cheerleader, walks like a cheerleader, talks like a cheerleader .... it must be a cheerleader. You SIR are a cheerleader or possibly the cheer captain! Your expectations are just a lot lower than mine ... I got that ... no issues ... my appologies. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I think the bottom line is you have a bunch of fans who have no football knowledge, who read blogs and comments and formulate an opinion from what they read, and then start rebroadcasting it in their own voice.  Perfect example is two years ago some clown said Castonzo should be a right tackle.  So the fan dittoheads picked that up and started repeating it.  It would be nice if everyone would just watch the games, break down the plays, and form opinions from that, but instead we get to hear the wrong opinions all the time.

So, I guess we picked up Pagano is on a short leash, he doesn't get along with Grigson, if he doesn't produce a Super Bowl he is gone?  What else do the experts think?

So they are failing three years after taking over a 2-14 roster in deep trouble with the cap even though they were back in the playoffs long before anyone thought they would be (even after they drafted Luck) and have progressed a round every year in the playoffs?  Look at the top QBs in the league none of them other than Brady have more than two Super Bowl wins in their careers and most have won one.  Even Brady has only won one in the past 10 years.  Faulting the Colts for not winning one in the first three years of Luck's career is being a bit unrealistic especially when they have advanced a round further every year in the playoffs with him and current management team.  That's a clear sign of progression. 

Of course if Luck gets hurt things can down hill in hurry but again you can say that about any team in the league that is built around a true franchise QB.  That's like saying well if it rains today it's going to ruin our picnic.  Well no duh. 

Also your statement about nothing being done to protect Luck is false.  You care argue what they have done has not worked but it's not because they haven't tried things.  Grigson has signed stop gap free agents, he has signed a high priced free agent to try to fix it.  He has drafted lineman late and early to try to fix it.  He has traded for linemen to try to fix it.  Yes you can say most of those moves outside of drafting Mewhort and maybe Holmes have not worked very well but that's different than not doing anything about it. 

One thing Grigson did do this off-season was sign Frank Gore.  A really good way to protect Luck would be to develop a really good running game.  That's one thing that has gone unnoticed in the pre-season.  The Colts running game looks vastly improved.  If they can pound the ball on teams that's going to do a lot to not only protect Luck but protect the defense as well. 

I think the bottom line is you have a bunch of fans who have no football knowledge, who read blogs and comments and formulate an opinion from what they read, and then start rebroadcasting it in their own voice.  Perfect example is two years ago some clown said Castonzo should be a right tackle.  So the fan dittoheads picked that up and started repeating it.  It would be nice if everyone would just watch the games, break down the plays, and form opinions from that, but instead we get to hear the wrong opinions all the time.

So, I guess we picked up Pagano is on a short leash, he doesn't get along with Grigson, if he doesn't produce a Super Bowl he is gone?  What else do the experts think?

Well, our resident troll; ahem...expert, proclaims that Grigs and Pags are failures because Luck does not have 3 rings in his 3 yr career.

Yeah, I feed the troll...someone has to.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - quoting removed post

If it looks like a cheerleader, walks like a cheerleader, talks like a cheerleader .... it must be a cheerleader. You SIR are a cheerleader or possibly the cheer captain! Your expectations are just a lot lower than mine ... I got that ... no issues ... my appologies. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

If my expectations are lower than yours, who is the cheerleader here again?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, August 28, 2015 - quoting removed post

man people don't like me on here lol I could only imagine how they feel about you haha