Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Bears Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moncrief didn't do a great job there. Not on Matt.

Bull pies. These local announcers didn't call that correctly. Dante had to plant his feet, stop his momentum and turn back into the DB to have a shot at that. He had a step on his man, he had him beat, and MH under threw it....again. 

nice to see Price capitalizing on his time these games thought he played very well when the secondary as a whole struggled last week and he looks great so far today making the fight for that CB spot interesting also loved Geathers out there playing greatso excited about him this year and David Parry is just making play after play.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Figured I summarize in one place based on all the local articles and tweets   Keep in mind, OTAs are non contact, so not a lot to glean in many aspects, especially the trenches on both sides. Also very heavy on "installment" of scheme and plays. Also, with a new D scheme, rooks (on both sides), and a new QB, nothing below should be considered in stone (except for existing entrenched starters).    Offense QB QB1 - Ryan of course has this on lock. Saw a few comments that his accuracy was both really good, and really bad (in spurts), at times. Lacked crispness per 1075 as well. It's week one in a new O with new pass catchers, so nothing to see here at this point. I'll take Pitt's comments though, which were very positive.  QB2/Depth - Foles is the obvious backup With Foles just coming on, Sam has taken 2nd team snaps - not a lot feedback on how he looked Foles is already receiving Pro Bowl and All Pro nods from some on the board here. He really slayed the gushy local media. RB Depth chart is pretty obvious 1-2. Lindsay is the assumed RB3 at this point, but long time before that's firmed.  Reich did comment that folks should pick Hines for Fantasy Football... lol RBs spent a little time running WR routes on Wednesday. A little... None reported on Thursday.  Hines - called the most "intense" player in practice this week WR First team has mostly been Pittman, Campbell, and Strachan.  Pittman has missed time, but I did see vids of two nice, strong/crisp passes from Ryan to Pitt.  Catch of the week candidate is Dulin, who caught a 30+ yard bomb in stride from Ryan Pierce has been running with the 2s, and has also spent time working STs at gunner.  Pittman said his goal is to be Indy's unquestionable WR1 this season TE First team has been MAC and Woods OL First team has been as expected. Pryor / Nelson / Kelly / Pinter / Smith Again, OTAs are no contact, so not a lot to take from this week.  Dennis Kelly was out due to injury Defense DL First team has been Paye / Stewart / Defo / Banogu YN has been out (Lewis too), so nobody freak out about Banogu standing in at LEO lol..  Still, good news if your Banogu that you're even getting time with the 1st team. LB Leonard has missed time. Oke and Zaire with the first team.  Reports of Zaire looking good, but he did drop an easy INT per reports Speed got some kudos too for pass defense CB Big story is Kenny doing a soft hold out. Still in attendance, and soaking things in. It's OTAs, which is voluntary, so no big deal now. Mandatory camp is June 7-9, so things will obviously either be resolved by then, or heat up.  Gilmore not inserted yet either except for late week walkthrough Frist team has been Rodgers, Facyson, and Chesley I've seen both Rodgers and Facyson compliments. Not sure who was running at NB, but my first guess is Rodgers, but could be one of the others.  Safety Both Blackmon and Willis are out. Per FR, Blackmon is ahead of schedule on return. Was seen doing band exercises.  First team has been Redmond (CB convert to S) and McLeod McLeod got some kudos, which is good to hear given he's likely our early starting FS Special Teams One interesting note is that Pierce has been getting a look at gunner. Something to watch going forward, as if he continues to work at gunner, likely means he's not an early starter.  If Rodgers ends up as starter at CB, one has to assume his ST's snaps will take a hit.  Given Parris's injury history, hoping they keep him away from STs.. 
    • Way early... but from what I've read and seen thus far from Session 1 of the OTAs....   Pittman, Campbell, and Strachan getting most of the 1st team reps. Pittman missed some time Pierce running with the 2s and getting looks at STs gunner. Again, way early, but if they are working him a lot on STs, it's more likely he's in a depth WR spot to start the season.  Dulin had the nicest catch of the week (in stride bomb from Ryan) Hines caught a lot of balls, but it was during RB focused drills, not really WR drills. Not sure he was really getting true slot looks???? Heard nothing about Patmon, Coutee, Harris, or the other UDFAs.  Granson, who fits into that slot/HB/TE hybrid roll, has only been mentioned a few times that I saw, and both were for drops... 
    • Pittman had more yards last year then any year Brown has been a Titan. Now Brown was injured for a few games last season so he would of had more then Pittman this season. But if Pittman follows last year up with 1200 to 1300 yards he is going to get paid a ton.  It’s at least going to be 20. I think it’s different since it’s his own guy he drafted.   Pryor is the one we could let go even with a great year if they feel Rainman is ready. Or maybe he flat out wins the job this year.    Pittman, Taylor, and Pryor are the expensive ones since they are so cheap rite now. Yannick would just be a extension.          
    • There hasn’t been one WR named on this page that excites me. TY really is a ghost now. 23 catches last year and he flexed and celebrated after every single one like he did something special. Maybe it was bc he knew he just made another half million. That’s what it cost. Yeah I know I’m being petty but I found it annoying.    I say let the young guys play and try again next offseason. Pittman is solid, Pierce should contribute as he learns the position.  It’s not a stellar group but I think a few will surprise us. Between Hines, MAC and Campbell, one of them should breakout. Add that to JT and MPJ and it will make a good trio that can win ballgames. 
  • Members

• bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0

Rookie
    • EastStreet

EastStreet 18,385

• Solon

Solon 149

• CR91

CR91 9,568

• bsteves

bsteves 223