Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clayton Geathers could be x-factor for colts defense

RockThatBlue

im surprised geathers is getting more attention then anderson or even smith

Smith is a little surprising but what can Anderson do we just got in pads yesterday. There has been a lot more opportunity for DB's and WR's to look good.

Anderson's best chance to shine is in preseason and the Bears scrimmage. Anyone remember a date on the scrimmage or is it scrimmages?

Smith is a little surprising but what can Anderson do we just got in pads yesterday. There has been a lot more opportunity for DB's and WR's to look good.

Anderson's best chance to shine is in preseason and the Bears scrimmage. Anyone remember a date on the scrimmage or is it scrimmages?

Smith is getting attention, but it's the negative kind. He's been getting burned a bit. Nothing to be concerned about, he'll come around.

Smith is getting attention, but it's the negative kind. He's been getting burned a bit. Nothing to be concerned about, he'll come around.

Yup, rookie corners almost always have a rough time. But since pagano is a great db coach I'm sure in time smith will be fine.

August 19th-21st

We play them the 22nd

Not surprised to hear that Smith is struggling. Going against one of the best quarterbacks with one of the best WR corps. I would expect it to be a rough time, but should be useful in development. 

Really looking forward to seeing Geathers out there in preseason. 

Had never heard of Geathers til after we drafted him. Watched the Youtube highlight tape and I was floored. His burst to the ball and hard hitting tackles along with most times the ball carrier went down after first contact really jumps off the screen. It was a highlight tape so didn't get too amped up over it thinking well there must be flaws, but this is great news and hopefully a great beginning to big things to come! 

Had never heard of Geathers til after we drafted him. Watched the Youtube highlight tape and I was floored. His burst to the ball and hard hitting tackles along with most times the ball carrier went down after first contact really jumps off the screen. It was a highlight tape so didn't get too amped up over it thinking well there must be flaws, but this is great news and hopefully a great beginning to big things to come!

I watched 2 full games on him and they were equally impressive.

Yup, rookie corners almost always have a rough time. But since pagano is a great db coach I'm sure in time smith will be fine.

Yes, CB is not an easy position to play if you're a rookie.  Furthermore the WR's he's going against arent the typical depth receivers.  I firmly believe most of the WR's in camp could see significant playing time on other teams.  It is a talented bunch of guys.  I don't think Smith will be fully developed for 3-4 years!

im surprised geathers is getting more attention then anderson or even smith

I can't say I'm surprised honestly. Safety was a huge void for the Colts this offseason, so much so that everyone on this forum was totally and completely sold on taking a safety in the first round. It looks like they found someone who they feel is every bit the player Landon Collins is, just a few rounds later in the draft.

I can't say I'm surprised honestly. Safety was a huge void for the Colts this offseason, so much so that everyone on this forum was totally and completely sold on taking a safety in the first round. It looks like they found someone who they feel is every bit the player Landon Collins is, just a few rounds later in the draft.

LB and Saftey are both big weaknesses. So it makes sense a tweener is getting a lot of attention.

Not surprised to hear that Smith is struggling. Going against one of the best quarterbacks with one of the best WR corps. I would expect it to be a rough time, but should be useful in development. 

Really looking forward to seeing Geathers out there in preseason.

All of that will benefit him though. Andrew Luck is an elite QB so going against him will make him better. Plus he gets to cover T.Y., Moncrief, and AJ. Tall order but it'll all party off. Gotta beat the best to be the best. He honestly couldn't have landed in a better position.

All of that will benefit him though. Andrew Luck is an elite QB so going against him will make him better. Plus he gets to cover T.Y., Moncrief, and AJ. Tall order but it'll all party off. Gotta beat the best to be the best. He honestly couldn't have landed in a better position.

Agreed. He's going against some of the best NFL WRs in practice.