Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano adding to his Duties

TKnight24

He should have been all along. He supposed to be this great Defensive mind, maybe we'll finally see it

I always thought he should've been hired as the DC from the jump

Idc what HC candidates were open when he came here, but he should've been the DC from day one

I guess this means the defense we've been watching the last few years has been more Manusky's defense.  I'm excited to see what Pagano brings to gameplanning and the Xs and Os.

Pagano is basically investing in himself more. With no extension he wants to make sure that if things don't go well that he can atleast say he tried to help the defense get better.

Idc what HC candidates were open when he came here, but he should've been the DC from day one

I wanted Bruce Ariens as head coach before he was hired at the OC. With Ariens as the HC and Pagano as DC that would have been perfect for my taste but it didn't quite happen that way.

Pagano is basically investing in himself more. With no extension he wants to make sure that if things don't go well that he can atleast say he tried to help the defense get better.

He's getting re-signed. Irsay just wanted to apply pressure on him to see if he breaks or breakthrough it

Only way he doesn't get re-signed is if we don't make the playoffs

He's getting re-signed. Irsay just wanted to apply pressure on him to see if he breaks or breakthrough it

Only way he doesn't get re-signed is if we don't make the playoffs

I don't disagree with you. Im just saying Chuck is trying to make sure that he gives all he has in order to make that happen.

Why would Pagano leave a DC position in Baltimore to take a DC position in Indy?  That type of lateral move hardly ever happens unless the coach was fired.

Because he is now "more" involved.  If he was not involved before he could not be "more" involved now.

Well I guess it really depends.  Really, every head coach is gonna be involved, the question is just how much.  Based on how things are going, I'd say Manusky has been in complete control, or at least 95%, I could see Pags changing things up schematically somewhat.  Time will tell.  If suddenly our D stops the run and still stays solid against the pass...my point will be proven.

Well I guess it really depends.  Really, every head coach is gonna be involved, the question is just how much.  Based on how things are going, I'd say Manusky has been in complete control, or at least 95%, I could see Pags changing things up schematically somewhat.  Time will tell.  If suddenly our D stops the run and still stays solid against the pass...my point will be proven.

That doesn't make a lot of sense because your numbers are not based on anything other than your guess.  Maybe Coach was not really that good of a DC, he did inherit a D that had Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, H. Ngata and T. Suggs.  Those four would make just about any DC look good.  Since Pagano has been more involved early in training camp and since they are not working on gameplans and Xs and Os yet, I'm guess his increased involvement is more along the lines of teaching techniques, keys, moves etc.  The things he excelled at as a position coach.

Time will tell, if suddenly the D stops the run (although as shown by akcolt in another thread the Colts run D performed pretty well last year with the exception of the Pats) and still stays solid against the pass... my point will be proven.

75% of all percentages are made up 100% of the time,but I am only 50% sure of this...

Once again,  reading comprehension is an issue.

They're not saying Pagano has not been involved in the defense.

They're only saying he's going to be more involved.

LOL, yes comprehension (and what people want to believe) is always an issue.

Every head coach has so many things to do they can't dedicate themselves to a position.  Maybe it means that now that Chuck has so much faith in Pep he can spend a little more time in the D meetings?

And you know this how?

I know this from being able to read, but Coffeedrinker already spelled it out for you.  Do we need to get some construction paper and crayons?

Because he is now "more" involved.  If he was not involved before he could not be "more" involved now.

I know this from being able to read, but Coffeedrinker already spelled it out for you.  Do we need to get some construction paper and crayons?

more can mean anything. for all we know pagano had 5% influence on the defense

what I meant to say

well to be fair, that is incorrect also.  No where does it say that Pagano will take over full control of the defense.  And as the head coach, he shouldn't take full control of the defense.  He has to be in control of the entire team and as such needs to have guys working for him that he trusts to be able to delegate responsibility to.  If those people aren't getting the job done then he needs to replace them.  I don't think we're at the point yet where that needs to happen just yet.

so just to summarize, Pagano has never had zero involvement in the defense, which is what you said in your first post, and he's also not now nor will he ever have 100% control of the defense either.

well to be fair, that is incorrect also.  No where does it say that Pagano will take over full control of the defense.  And as the head coach, he shouldn't take full control of the defense.  He has to be in control of the entire team and as such needs to have guys working for him that he trusts to be able to delegate responsibility to.  If those people aren't getting the job done then he needs to replace them.  I don't think we're at the point yet where that needs to happen just yet.

so just to summarize, Pagano has never had zero involvement in the defense, which is what you said in your first post, and he's also not now nor will he ever have 100% control of the defense either.

are you just argumentative? seriously if I said luck was 6 4 youd argue no hes 6 4 and a half like let it go

are you just argumentative? seriously if I said luck was 6 4 youd argue no hes 6 4 and a half like let it go

There'd be no need to be argumentative if you said something once in a while that was actually correct. or even just admit for once when you've been corrected for saying something that was wrong. You do about as much deflecting as a....well, you know :)

I wanted Bruce Ariens as head coach before he was hired at the OC. With Ariens as the HC and Pagano as DC that would have been perfect for my taste but it didn't quite happen that way.

With Long Ball Bruce at the helm Luck would have gotten knocked out by now. Although it still seems the offense falls back on Bruce's philosophies in the passing game all to often.

I would Dear God for this you but the rational among the posters among us have essentially already done it so no need I guess.

anyone that disagrees with me is rational to you. you will never agree with anything I say