Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep Hamilton speaks on Colts offense

TKnight24

Pep Hamilton on drafting Phillip Dorsett: "I immediately ran down to my office & ripped up some of my 3TE & 6OL, 1TE & 2WR packages."

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

May 13, 2015

Pep on 3rd WR vs. 3rd CBs "That point alone is what we feel like can be the difference in us taking the next step & getting over the hump."

May 13, 2015

Another money Pep Hamilton quote: still getting new guys up to speed in hopes of getting "all speaking from the same hymnal."

May 13, 2015

More Pep Hamilton #gold on offseason offensive additions: "It's like playing chess and replacing your pawns with more bishops & knights."

May 13, 2015

Colts Wide Receiver Depth Once Again Appealing To Andrew Luck READ: http://t.co/WDMVNodKZI pic.twitter.com/UWuaVIiFwl

— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts)

May 13, 2015

Moncrief looks stronger. I expect that he will have a good year.

Also, people are complaining that the Colts have small receivers (T.Y. and Dorsett), but these three are 6'2" and taller. Luck does have some big targets in A. Johnson, Moncrief and Carter. Let's not forget D. Allen and Fleener.

frank gore is the biggest piece imo because youre not gonna get no 7 or 8 man boxes because luck will feast on 3-4 man coverages all day. gore with 6 man in the box, ill take gore all day every day

Exactly. Gore will be what Trent should've been.

Facing 6 man boxes is a blessing to Frank especially after facing a stacked box 2x a year against Seattle cause they exposed Kap for the bum he is

Pep Hamilton on drafting Phillip Dorsett: "I immediately ran down to my office & ripped up some of my 3TE & 6OL, 1TE & 2WR packages."

May 13, 2015

Pep on 3rd WR vs. 3rd CBs "That point alone is what we feel like can be the difference in us taking the next step & getting over the hump."

May 13, 2015

Unless, Pep was being sarcastic in the first comment, I wouldn't be surprised if he did have play's like that in the playbook.

Colts 449 I'm a huge braves fan too. It's been a rough yr and I think that will continue for a few more yr. My pacers had a bit of a rough time too. Hopefully the colts fAre better.

I was so sick about PG13 going down that I think I only watched one game. Injury plagued year as I've ever seen.

Unless, Pep was being sarcastic in the first comment, I wouldn't be surprised if he did have play's like that in the playbook.

He did... Go back and watch the Philly game. He used these personnel packages exclusively throughout the entire game. These aren't new, he's been using them the past two years.

Moncrief looks stronger. I expect that he will have a good year.

Also, people are complaining that the Colts have small receivers (T.Y. and Dorsett), but these three are 6'2" and taller. Luck does have some big targets in A. Johnson, Moncrief and Carter. Let's not forget D. Allen and Fleener.

While size is important it's precise route running and great hands that are the most important IMO. Marvin Harrison was a good example of that.

While size is important it's precise route running and great hands that are the most important IMO. Marvin Harrison was a good example of that.

TY Dorsett and Moncrief also have great speed as well as great Vert. I believe Moncrief is 3" shy off Calvin Johnson.

He did... Go back and watch the Philly game. He used these personnel packages exclusively throughout the entire game. These aren't new, he's been using them the past two years.

I figured he got rid of those when he finally realized they had Andrew Luck.

With the offense that the Colts have player wise the issue to me is what the coaching staff does with the player. What "style" offense will they have?

I suspect it will be more of "pass the ball to open up the run".

Frank Gore has to be salivating that he will get to run against 6 man boxes.