Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Duron Carter "I know it's my last chance"

12isthenew18

I'm pulling for him to achieve his potential. We would probably be set for years at WR.

I just question the "I didn’t really know the route it took to get there." line, though. Did he not listen to his dad or did Cris not speak to him about it? Am I missing something here??

I'm pulling for him to achieve his potential. We would probably be set for years at WR.

I just question the "I didn’t really know the route it took to get there." line, though. Did he not listen to his dad or did Cris not speak to him about it? Am I missing something here??

So just how many sons listen to what their Fathers tell them? Cris Carter Sr. didn't listen when he was young. It took him getting cut to wake him up.

Pretty common thing for know-it-all kids to dismiss what the old man has to say.

So just how many sons listen to what their Fathers tell them? Cris Carter Sr. didn't listen when he was young. It took him getting cut to wake him up.

I may be splitting hairs here, but that is very different from a "I just made mistakes" statement. The difference, to me, is that his statement pushes (sort of) blame on those who were entrusted in guiding him, while the "I just made a mistake" statement shows he owns his actions and accountability. Just my opinion...

Regardless, he seems to have a realistic view of his current situation.

I may be splitting hairs here, but that is very different from a "I just made mistakes" statement. The difference, to me, is that his statement pushes (sort of) blame on those who were entrusted in guiding him, while the "I just made a mistake" statement shows he owns his actions and accountability. Just my opinion...

Regardless, he seems to have a realistic view of his current situation.

I hope he works out to his and the Colts advantage. Now is the time for him to grow up and take control of himself. I think he has the talent so we will wait and see I guess. The negative thing is being compared to his father and trying to live up to what his father was as far as talent. He has to block that all out and just play as best as he can.

I think he meant that he didn't know the true extent of the dedication and perseverance required to play in the NFL. Of course he would have heard from his dad... but hearing something and then going and actually doing it and realizing it are two entirely different things... Especially when you have a history of being lazy and not taking things seriously like he does.

Two things I notice when I saw his video interview on the Colts website. Number One Duron looks like he is excited to be here. How refreshing is that. Offseason workouts to some players is a necessary evil and dread going through it. It does not look like or some like he dreads being here.

The second thing I thought about is his football IQ. My question about Duron, can he help the Colts beat New England. As it stands right now. 1. Ty 2. AJ 3. DM and number 4. DC. Who are you going to double? The way Ryan has built this team is if you dare to double somebody you will get burned, if you blitz you better hope you get to Luck quick because if you don't you will get repeatedly beaten up and down the field. All this offense needs is a RT, and maybe another RB. Not sure what you can expect to get from Vick Ballard. As soon as Duron learns how to beat NFL press coverage, I think he might be the best offseason signing (given his youth somebody that can grow and his ability).

I know Carter has a questionable past. But can he get it done now. I am more than willing to see what he brings. I am so tired of the Colts bringing in real nice guys that get that get beat down in Pittsburgh, Dallas, and New England. Oh he went to school, graduated with 3.5 GPA, and he's the captain of the Gee Club. And can't get open, and he can't catch a pass. I am not looking for them to bring a wife, child, or pizza driver abuser either. I want to see somebody that can get it done between the lines on game days. And I think that what the Colts have in Carter. On game days real nice guys has no business being out there. They belong in the stands, tailgating in the parking lot, or at home like 95% of nice guys are found on game days.

Two things I notice when I saw his video interview on the Colts website. Number One Duron looks like he is excited to be here. How refreshing is that. Offseason workouts to some players is a necessary evil and dread going through it. It does not look like or some like he dreads being here.

The second thing I thought about is his football IQ. My question about Duron, can he help the Colts beat New England. As it stands right now. 1. Ty 2. AJ 3. DM and number 4. DC. Who are you going to double? The way Ryan has built this team is if you dare to double somebody you will get burned, if you blitz you better hope you get to Luck quick because if you don't you will get repeatedly beaten up and down the field. All this offense needs is a RT, and maybe another RB. Not sure what you can expect to get from Vick Ballard. As soon as Duron learns how to beat NFL press coverage, I think he might be the best offseason signing (given his youth somebody that can grow and his ability).

If Carter makes it, that could make for some nightmare four-wide sets to cover. Then you throw Fleener and Allen into the mix, and the number of possible combinations will keep Defensive Coordinators up all night trying to figure out the math. A solid RT is essential to keep #12 vertical with a clean uni, and Cherilus may or may not be 100% until after the draft, so that may be where the Colts have to go with the 29th pick. I'd rather see them go DL with that pick, but a leaky right side of the OL would be a disaster.

If Carter makes it, that could make for some nightmare four-wide sets to cover. Then you throw Fleener and Allen into the mix, and the number of possible combinations will keep Defensive Coordinators up all night trying to figure out the math. A solid RT is essential to keep #12 vertical with a clean uni, and Cherilus may or may not be 100% until after the draft, so that may be where the Colts have to go with the 29th pick. I'd rather see them go DL with that pick, but a leaky right side of the OL would be a disaster.

I agree with you one position away from the monster Chuck has been talking about building since he got here and that's RT. The best defense is a unstoppable offense. Teams will play you different if they know you're to drop 40 on any given Sunday. 29 should be RT and the rest of the draft should be defense, maybe a RB somewhere in there. And the wild card in up coming season Frank Gore.