Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts back to work, The FA class has arrived in their new home

TKnight24

The next two weeks will be Phase One of the program "with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only."

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

April 20, 2015

The next two weeks will be Phase One of the program "with activities limited to strength and conditioning and physical rehabilitation only."

Ah, Landry's favorite two weeks of the year.

I'll miss him.                                     (not)

happy for harrison. still dissapointed how much we are giving overton

Although it's not a question often looked at, let's play devil's advocate and say he's at least average at his position. How much then do you think he should have got? 

A player's contract is of course driven by what the market is willing to pay so let's look at what the market is like for a long snapper. Looking just at cap hits then for 2015 who do we see at #1 but our very own Matt Overton with a hit of $1,300,000,  ye gads maybe we have overpaid! But let's roll it down to #16 and we see the cap hit there is $845,000 , not exactly a million miles (or dollars) away from what Matt is getting paid. 

However a NFL contract isn't a flat device and must be considered across it's term, so again let's look at the current contracts for long snappers as a average cap hit across the length of the contract. On that metric Matt come's in at tied 14th, the top average is John Denney with an average salary of $1,150,029 so again there's not much difference between top and middle of the pack. 

TLDR.... the market value for an established reliable Long Snapper is about $1 Mill a year. If your biggest worry about our FA/Off season is that we overpaid Matt Overton then I envy you. Myself... I'm haunted by nightmares of TRich breaking out in Oakland, it's the only way that painful saga could get any worse for us. 

I could care less about TRich, he had every opportunity here to succeed but didn't. Not the O-line's fault either as Bradshaw, Boom, and Ballard showed over the last three years. He didn't have to be the entire offense that he was in Cleveland and he failed at it. If he goes off in Oakland (which is the longest shot to begin with) nobody is going to give us crap for it. If anything it will show how dumb he was to only succeed on bad teams instead of a good one that would have paid more for him.

Hilton on Andre Johnson: "I was tired of playing against him (in Houston). Every time he made a play, I made sure I came back and answered."

April 20, 2015

T.Y. Hilton said today that without Reggie Wayne, he has “no choice” but to assume more of a leadership role. Hilton talked to 87 yesterday.

April 20, 2015

I could care less about TRich, he had every opportunity here to succeed but didn't. Not the O-line's fault either as Bradshaw, Boom, and Ballard showed over the last three years. He didn't have to be the entire offense that he was in Cleveland and he failed at it. If he goes off in Oakland (which is the longest shot to begin with) nobody is going to give us crap for it. If anything it will show how dumb he was to only succeed on bad teams instead of a good one that would have paid more for him.

I was being a little facetious about TRich back there... He will do well to make the roster.