Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Shaq Thompson Be The Next Bob Sanders

NO PROMOTIONAL POSTING ON THE SITE_/nfl/afc-south/indianapolis-colts/colts-draft-mancrushmonday-shaq-thompson-r8099

overall a decent write up on Thompson who i like but seems to me he wants to play LB not likely a good decision to force him to play safety. As a big Bob Sanders fan i've gotten really tired of writers trying to say every safety we bring in is the next Bob Sanders.

They said Landry was the next Sanders which made me laugh for a good while.Still i like Thompson but doubt he'll be anything like Sanders wouldn't mind drafting him if he can be swayed to play safety he's got good ball skills and raw talent. But there can only be one Bob Sanders

landry was bigger stronger and faster then bob so its no surprise there was a comparison, however it just seems landry doesnt have any love for the game and doesnt put all his effort. its kinda like jeff george. you have the tools, but you dont have the passion for the game

landry was bigger stronger and faster then bob so its no surprise there was a comparison, however it just seems landry doesnt have any love for the game and doesnt put all his effort. its kinda like jeff george. you have the tools, but you dont have the passion for the game

bigger stronger and faster because of all the PED's and i would debate that sanders was a much bigger hitter guy destroyed people all landry did was try to tackle but be unable to close his freak arms and sanders straightline speed to the ball was always impressive guy would go from 0-50 from coverage all the way up to stop a runner 2-3 yards behind the line of scrimmage. and for only being 5'8 was a much better coverage safety than landry

No. Shaq Thompson can't tackle very well. Let alone destroy players with big hits.

same problem as Holliman but to a lesser degree he just takes some awkward angles and could do a better job wrapping up the ball-carrier see his tackles get broken alot whereas Holliman just misses completely

People said this about Calvin Pryor last year.  Bob could do it all (except stay healthy).  This guy doesn't even have a solid position yet.  I'm not saying he won't be a good or even great player, but I think it's way too early to be thinking he could be the next Bob Sanders

People said this about Calvin Pryor last year.  Bob could do it all (except stay healthy).  This guy doesn't even have a solid position yet.  I'm not saying he won't be a good or even great player, but I think it's way too early to be thinking he could be the next Bob Sanders

i completely agree

If we really want Shaq Thompson then there is an outside chance of him being available at #61.

I think he is an interesting prospect for us, but he could fall due to not really having an identifying position. Some team is going to pick him and not really know what they have until try him at a few different positions.

This guy seems like a luxury you only consider in the 1st round if you're selecting 32nd overall.

With the exception of Andrew Luck, we've stumbled enough with our 1st rounders....and I highly prefer we not conduct any experiments at this time.