Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jared Cisneros's defensive heavy mock draft

Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI): Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (A-)
Round 2 Pick 29: Jordan Phillips, DT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 3 Pick 7 (CHI): Jaquiski Tartt, SS/FS, Samford (B+)
Round 3 Pick 29: Duke Johnson, RB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford (B+)
Round 5 Pick 29: Kevin White, CB, TCU (A)
Round 6 Pick 29: Austin Hill, WR, Arizona (A-)
Round 6 Pick 31: Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina (B)
Round 7 Pick 27: Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford (B+)

This is a pretty simple mock where we trade down 10 spots with the bears to pick up a 3rd round pick. I went defensive mostly in this draft as it is a glaring weakness on our team. I also went BPA a lot so a couple picks that seem unrealistic could happen in the real draft. I don't want to hear about Jordan Phillips as some 1st rounder will probably fall to us in the 2nd whether it is him or not. It just happened to be him here. 

I thought this draft would raise our draft to the next level and it shows that trading down may be the best option for this year's draft.

i think Anderson would be there in the fourth i think he gone by the second to third round i don,t  see kendricks fall that far either 

Yeah, that whole end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd is going to go wild. Kendricks best case scenario is probably where I have him, but it's going to depend on which ILB's go first and which ones are leftover. Trades and predicting where someone will go is unpredictable. Henry Anderson has fallen a bit though and I think he could go in the 4th. Again, it's kinda BPA, but that's also the correct strategy.

Players are 'fun.'  

I like the size of Tartt, as I feel he can help with the run game.  His weaknesses are much like Laron Landry.  I never want my SS to be beaten deep.  Needs to have the smell of the ball at all times.  

I personally would not trade the 1st round choice....I want the best DT available there.

Yeah, that whole end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd is going to go wild. Kendricks best case scenario is probably where I have him, but it's going to depend on which ILB's go first and which ones are leftover. Trades and predicting where someone will go is unpredictable. Henry Anderson has fallen a bit though and I think he could go in the 4th. Again, it's kinda BPA, but that's also the correct strategy.

from my sources that include josh norris teams seem high on Anderson he has him as 11th overall prospect , a bit high . he better than ben gardner and josh mauro who i liked a lost last year could see play the redding with langford/chapman at and jones and anderson as two de . i see as early mid round prospect should be taken in top 120 picks though 

This is a pretty simple mock where we trade down 10 spots with the bears to pick up a 3rd round pick. I went defensive mostly in this draft as it is a glaring weakness on our team. I also went BPA a lot so a couple picks that seem unrealistic could happen in the real draft. I don't want to hear about Jordan Phillips as some 1st rounder will probably fall to us in the 2nd whether it is him or not. It just happened to be him here. 

I thought this draft would raise our draft to the next level and it shows that trading down may be the best option for this year's draft.

Apart from trading away our 1st round pick, I'd like a draft like that.

Possibly trade up from later rounds? I'm not such familiar with prospects, but if it makes sense in order to acquire a better prospect, why not?

Great mock draft!

I think you may see this strategy especially if a few DT are on the board late in the first

But........ I don't think Phillips is there that late

With the news that Mathis may be out for a part of the year, it may make sense to get the OLB with the first

I'm really hoping the Colts get Duke Johnson. I also  hope that the draft is all about defense. I don't have any problems with this draft.

Why am I the only person on the board who liked the way Tipton ran the football?  He flat out ran over Talib.  From one dog to another :)

I don't think 4 of the top 5 picks will be there at those spots, Tartt being the only one. Also like other people mentioned theres no need for the bears to trade us their 2nd and 3rd. The value doesn't add up. And they would probably try trading ahead of another team that would take a qb. Why trade with us when a team that will take a qb is back further? They would want to be right ahead of that team.

I would really like this draft, mainly because your first 2 picks are possibly my favourite 2 players in the draft.

Only problem is, your first 5 picks are all highly likely to go the round before you've taken them. We'd be incredibly lucky if Kendricks or Phillips made it #29 let alone the early 2nd. Duke Johnson is a 2nd round prospect and Tartt is likely a late 2nd rounder due to the weak safety class. Henry Anderson is a mid-to-late 3rd round pick.

I love the players, and the positions you chose to address, but I just don't think it's realistic.

I don't think 4 of the top 5 picks will be there at those spots, Tartt being the only one. Also like other people mentioned theres no need for the bears to trade us their 2nd and 3rd. The value doesn't add up. And they would probably try trading ahead of another team that would take a qb. Why trade with us when a team that will take a qb is back further? They would want to be right ahead of that team.

You gotta remember, I'm doing this on Firstpick, a site with computer simulated software. Ryan Pace didn't call me and ask to trade up 10 spots for a 2nd and 3rd, it was my pick and a computer representing the Bears offered me the trade to move up and take Brett Hundley and I took it. Also trades don't have to be extremely even. If a team wants a solid player, that will pay a little. It has happened before and it will happen again. You are overthinking this. I didn't just write down picks at certain rounds and make up a trade, I did a simulated draft with 31 other teams represented by computers and one offered me a trade. This is based off of 32 teams picking players one at a time, not me just writing players down.

You gotta remember, I'm doing this on Firstpick, a site with computer simulated software. Ryan Pace didn't call me and ask to trade up 10 spots for a 2nd and 3rd, it was my pick and a computer representing the Bears offered me the trade to move up and take Brett Hundley and I took it. Also trades don't have to be extremely even. If a team wants a solid player, that will pay a little. It has happened before and it will happen again. You are overthinking this. I didn't just write down picks at certain rounds and make up a trade, I did a simulated draft with 31 other teams represented by computers and one offered me a trade. This is based off of 32 teams picking players one at a time, not me just writing players down.

Ahh I was not aware you were doing this on a site.

Ahh I was not aware you were doing this on a site.

Yeah it's no big deal, there are 3 or 4 people that didn't know though, so I thought I would say it so people would quit saying how unrealistic my draft is and also about the trade lol. Most sites have projections that are questionable and different from the experts, and the drafts can get out of hand. This would be a dream scenario, and although it wouldn't happen most likely, I think something close to this could happen if the BPA picks were also needs that fell and we scooped them up.

Why am I the only person on the board who liked the way Tipton ran the football?  He flat out ran over Talib.  From one dog to another :)

I like Tipton as well. I like Duke Johnson a lot as well, but admittedly that's because I have a slight ACC bias. I won't be upset if the Colts decide to not draft a HB.

Whew man... if this were to happen... I have no idea how I'd react lol... 

But...  Kendricks most likely goes top 20 and Phillips will be a 1st/possible 2nd rounder. Tartt could be there but there is value elsewhere (say Prewitt)  This draft is just so unlikely...

I would or there are other backs I think better than Johnson! Ps  I love Ballard & Bradshaw hard not to like the way they play!

I am smelling DTs, CBs, and SSs. OGs....Oh my:)  I just do not feel a running back unless someone slips.....Coleman for example....

For the millionth time,  I'm sure we'll need a million more...   these computer games are fun and addictive and COMPLETELY UNREALISTIC.

When you've got a long thread like this and poster after poster are saying "love the names,  but most the names are not going to be there when we pick..."  then you know that people are catching on....

I think Dustin had a post a few weeks back where he put 7 first round names into the 7 rounds and said... "Hey, I'd love this draft,  what do you think?"    

That's the point.....    these games bare little resemblance to reality....     they get a little better a few weeks before the draft because there's more clarity on where the players should go...  

Last year,  the two little scat back,  D'Anthony Thomas from Oregon and Dri Archer from (wherever in Ohio he's from) were mocked in the 7th round for months....       And folks here took that literally.     How many times did someone here say they'd love to get one of those guys in the 7th round.

Well....   Archer went in the 3rd R to Pittsburgh and DAT went in the 4th to KC.  

Fun and addictive.     But not realistic.      That's what needs to be remembered....