Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deano's Mock Draft

Round 1 - Carl Davis - Iowa - NT/DE

Large guy that could play 2 different spots in our 3-4. Great against the run, even with double team. disrupts passing pocket. Watch the highlights on this guy.........

Round 2 - Tevin Coleman - Indiana -RB

This guy has a second gear that explodes through the hole, many many home runs against great defenses like Ohio State. Not a 1st rounder, but someone who is a value pick at the end of the 2nd round

Watch the highlights..... The Indiana QB was marginal at best..... Coleman faced 8 man boxes all year,

And was still extremely productive. Having him and Gore rotating would be great

Round 3 - Paul Dawson - TCU - ILB

This guy slides to round 3 because of a very poor combine showing, and some character concerns.

Watch the tape on this guy, he is sideline to sideline, and clobbers the RB. He reminds me of Burfict of the Bengals, who had the game tape, but was a true knucklehead ...... He has been a great player for the bengals when healthy ....... A risk even here, but if the guy can get his act together....... He would be a steal

Round 4 - Darryl Williams Oklahoma - OG/OT

A bit of a sleeper here as he would be someone to develop for future OL (OT or RG) a massive mauler.

I project him to be a RG for the Colts, but could be a RT.

Round 5 - James Sample - Louisville S

Very good college player that can come in and compete for the safety spot, and maybe even start.

Brings height to position at 6-2. Very physical.

Round 6 -Cam Thomas - Western Kentucky - CB

Small college standout with some size. Low risk / high reward pick, could develop, and make team

Round 7 - Curtis Riley - Fresno State - CB

Developmental project

I believe that we could have 3 immediate day one starters with this draft

Dawson, Sample, Davis

Thoughts?

I don't think Dawson lasts until 93....     He likely goes in the 2nd, but even if he falls to the 3rd,  I can't see him falling all the way to the bottom of the 3rd where we pick.

I also don't see Williams going in the 4th.    I love the guy and would love to pick him,  but I think he's gone in the 2nd R and certainly no latter than the 3rd.    No chance he falls to the 4th, and certainly not the bottom of the 4th.

And I don't think Sample falls to the 5th.   ESPN's Scouts Inc have moved sample to the 2nd overall safety spot.    Even if they're wrong,  I don't see him falling to the 5th round and not to the bottom of the round.    Just way, way to far to fall.

Sorry to bring the bad news.....   but between ESPN, NFL.com and CBS Sports,  I think these evaluations are way off....

Right guys,  but wrong rounds....

It might be too expensive.....

I don't think Dawson lasts until 93.... He likely goes in the 2nd, but even if he falls to the 3rd, I can't see him falling all the way to the bottom of the 3rd where we pick.

I also don't see Williams going in the 4th. I love the guy and would love to pick him, but I think he's gone in the 2nd R and certainly no latter than the 3rd. No chance he falls to the 4th, and certainly not the bottom of the 4th.

And I don't think Sample falls to the 5th. ESPN's Scouts Inc have moved sample to the 2nd overall safety spot. Even if they're wrong, I don't see him falling to the 5th round and not to the bottom of the round. Just way, way to far to fall.

Sorry to bring the bad news..... but between ESPN, NFL.com and CBS Sports, I think these evaluations are way off....

Right guys, but wrong rounds....

Thanks for the feedback, I hope you are wrong...... :)

To be honest, if we got 3 of my 5 somehow, I would be ecstatic

We could actually move back 4-7 spots and still get Davis.....

This might get us some extra pick or picks to get another early pick to pull this off

Davis can't play nose.

Dawson won't be there in the 3rd

Williams won't be there in the 4th

Sample won't be there in the 5th

Thomas won't be there in the 6th

Would be okay but a lot of major stretches..

So .... What you are saying is you REALLY like my draft...... :)

What makes you think Davis couldn't play NT? He is a beast

Goldman and Phillips look to be long gone by the time we draft.

(If you look at a few of the "experts")

We may have to trade a bit to get my players to line up, but.....

The early picks would really help the team.... In this mans very humble opinion....

The early picks would really help the team.... In this mans very humble opinion....

I highly doubt Phillips and Goldman will be gone. You also have Brown and Shelton who are projected first round. Thats four DTs. The chance all get taken before our pick I believe is very slim. There are always guys that fall too who people never thought would fall. My hopes are that either Phillips is there or Goldman personally. And I think 1 will be at least. Question will be, is that gonna be the BPA according to Grigson and company. We want and project a NT first round because we see it as a need. But that's most likely not how Grigson and company will be looking at things.

Davis can't play nose. 

Dawson won't be there in the 3rd

Williams won't be there in the 4th

Sample won't be there in the 5th

Thomas won't be there in the 6th

Would be okay but a lot of major stretches..

So what if he can't play nose? NT prob only plays around 35-40% of the snaps. And the last time I looked Langford and Jones werent exactly all pros.

Once you start trading,  nothing will line up.    Trading up is expensive.    Very expensive.

So,  the picks you trade to move up means there will be no draft pick for the Colts in those rounds.

Suddenly, we won't be taking all the players you project because we've traded picks.

Colts won't even go DL in round 1. The value at #29 will be elsewhere if you ask me

I would not be surprised if they went RB or Safety or WR, Though I really think the value at D Line will be there to, All about BPA for me

Colts won't even go DL in round 1. The value at #29 will be elsewhere if you ask me

I disagree. I think the best depth in this draft is on the defensive line. Leonard Williams, Shelton (not a fan personally), Phillips, Armstead, Davis, and Goldman, are all first pick worthy

I disagree. I think the best depth in this draft is on the defensive line. Leonard Williams, Shelton (not a fan personally), Phillips, Armstead, Davis, and Goldman, are all first pick worthy

I said at #29, Williams and Shelton are out the picture and I wouldn't take Davis or Goldman in the 1st so that leaves Armstead and Phillips, but that's just me

I said at #29, Williams and Shelton are out the picture and I wouldn't take Davis or Goldman in the 1st so that leaves Armstead and Phillips, but that's just me

Agree on Davis...He actually seems more like a 3rd rounder even to me

I would not be surprised if they went RB or Safety or WR, Though I really think the value at D Line will be there to, All about BPA for me

If the colts draft a RB in the first I will change my name to "Fire Ryan Grigson"

We'll end up with one of these 4 players in round 1.

Phillips

Armstead

Shelton

Goldman

That would be great, but if we were to get Armstead, we would still need a NT.

He projects as a DE in a 3-4

I know the mocks are shots in the dark, but many if not most of them have all 4 gone

When we pick