Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats decline option on CB Darelle Revis [Merge]

@ProFootballTalk: Revis will hit the open market, but that doesn't mean Revis won't be back to the Patriots http://t.co/HNlQgUSWhX

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Patriots won’t be picking up the option on the second year of the Revis deal, which means that he will be hitting free agency tomorrow.

Patriots still the favorites I would guess

I guess I'm in the minority on Revis...I don't want him as a Colt. Sure he's a great defender but I don't think a great locker room guy. I personally think he's more trouble than he's worth...now that he has a ring I wonder if his desire and determination on the field decrease. For some it doesn't and for some it does...Revis is more concerned about $$$ I think than anything else at this current point.

I guess I'm in the minority on Revis...I don't want him as a Colt. Sure he's a great defender but I don't think a great locker room guy. I personally think he's more trouble than he's worth...now that he has a ring I wonder if his desire and determination on the field decrease. For some it doesn't and for some it does...Revis is more concerned about $$$ I think than anything else at this current point.

Revis has been a great teammate his entire career.

Any team would be thrilled to have the guy....like I've said in other threads...NE top chance to re-sign with NY a close second...I'd expect Philly as a long shot. Nothing I've heard suggests he is a bad teammate. Seems like a really professional guy....that DOES like and expect to get PAID though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4778874/herald-brandon-browner-can-explore-value-with-other-clubs

Pats are also letting Browner explore FA as they are not picking up his $2 mil bonus ...

Yeah....given they likely will cut Browner it looks like NE is doing whatever is necessary to pony up the money for Revis....I think he stays given they can even offer in the ball park with NY....though I'm sure the Jets come in guns blazing no matter what to run up the market on him at least. In the end...I think he gets his money and stays a Pat.

Yeah....given they likely will cut Browner it looks like NE is doing whatever is necessary to pony up the money for Revis....I think he stays given they can even offer in the ball park with NY....though I'm sure the Jets come in guns blazing no matter what to run up the market on him at least. In the end...I think he gets his money and stays a Pat.

I sure hope so but I really don't want to lose Browner either but not sure we can keep it all together. I am interested to see what offers Browner gets as a #2. He was only making 5 with the Pats.

I sure hope so but I really don't want to lose Browner either but not sure we can keep it all together. I am interested to see what offers Browner gets as a #2. He was only making 5 with the Pats.

well he is being shopped for a trade because NE doesn't want to pay his 2 million bonus or they likely cut him. I think they are scratching together as much dough as possible for Revis because without him browner makes no sense. You can't give safety help for browner if you don't have a lock down corner opposite. Browner doesn't work without revis. Revis is the key to that secondary. McCourty is a safety valve in case they whif...if I'm the Jets I make the revis deal happen. They have an elite defense if they get help in that secondary. Only way they can compete with NE.

well he is being shopped for a trade because NE doesn't want to pay his 2 million bonus or they likely cut him. I think they are scratching together as much dough as possible for Revis because without him browner makes no sense. You can't give safety help for browner if you don't have a lock down corner opposite. Browner doesn't work without revis. Revis is the key to that secondary. McCourty is a safety valve in case they whif...if I'm the Jets I make the revis deal happen. They have an elite defense if they get help in that secondary. Only way they can compete with NE.

The prevalent thought with Browner is not that the Pats are going to trade him as if they decline his roster bonus he is a FA anyways but that his agent surveys the market comes back with numbers that the Pats can work with for an extension. They are trying to work the numbers to keep both Browner and Revis but they need Browner's money this year to pay Revis if that makes any sense.

The prevalent thought with Browner is not that the Pats are going to trade him as if they decline his roster bonus he is a FA anyways but that his agent surveys the market comes back with numbers that the Pats can work with for an extension. They are trying to work the numbers to keep both Browner and Revis but they need Browner's money this year to pay Revis if that makes any sense.

I figured it was something like that. I don't think Browner will see the same money NE was offering him out there so I see him getting cut and re-signed. Guy is a pass interference waiting to happen and wouldn't work in most secondaries. I think he comes back at a smaller number but only if Revis is re-signed....else he doesn't work imo.