Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will NOT Re-Sign the Legendary Number 87: Reggie Wayne. (Merge)

BrentMc11

I can't imagine that Reggie (or his agent) were blindsided by this decision. The Colts organization, players and fans love Reggie and if we were doing him wrong we would hear about it. I'm sure Irsay has told him we would love him to retire a Colt and everything is pretty much in place....either to retire now or to come back on a 1-day contract.

But a couple million is a couple of million. Reggie's agent is probably scouring the league to see if there are any takers. If there's a good offer out there I wouldn't be surprised if he took it. I would, wouldn't you?

But if he wants another ring, how many of the contenders would be willing to burn up a roster spot to bring on an aging WR that they really have no ties with?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine that Reggie (or his agent) were blindsided by this decision. The Colts organization, players and fans love Reggie and if we were doing him wrong we would hear about it. I'm sure Irsay has told him we would love him to retire a Colt and everything is pretty much in place....either to retire now or to come back on a 1-day contract.

But a couple million is a couple of million. Reggie's agent is probably scouring the league to see if there are any takers. If there's a good offer out there I wouldn't be surprised if he took it. I would, wouldn't you?

But if he wants another ring, how many of the contenders would be willing to burn up a roster spot to bring on an aging WR that they really have no ties with?

Denver and the pats, hoody and peyton would like to have him

Denver and the pats, hoody and peyton would like to have him

Why would hoodie bring on Reggie who is less than 100% but get rid of Wilfork who is still producing at high levels? I'm sure Belichick would make Reggie compete at camp and at this point I'm not sure he would win a slot. Unless the Pats are just trying to f with us.

Denver? They already have enough problems dealing with another aging player....why fuss with 2?

Patriots

Seahawks I'd think

Broncos...His likely landing place I think

Ravens maybe...They need wr help

Chiefs....Though not even a young Reggie would put them over the top let alone a older one....Chiefs do need a vet wr though

Patriots

Seahawks I'd think

Chiefs....Though not even a young Reggie would put them over the top let alone a older one....Chiefs do need a vet wr though

At his age and health, wouldn't all these teams make Reggie compete at camp for a roster spot? If he was slipping to #3-#4 on the Colts wouldn't that mean he would likely be in the same predicament on a new team.....plus having to uproot his family...plus having to learn a new scheme/QB?

Does anyone think this affects in house moral or other free agents coming here?

Colts announced to the world they were not bringing him back when he wanted just 1 year and retire a Colt. We don't know the details of course, for all we know he was saying he did not want to be lower than 2nd on depth chart or something like that.

But it's something to think about

At his age and health, wouldn't all these teams make Reggie compete at camp for a roster spot? If he was slipping to #3-#4 on the Colts wouldn't that mean he would likely be in the same predicament on a new team.....plus having to uproot his family...plus having to learn a new scheme/QB?

Patriots might put him through a conditioning test of some sort but I don't think he would have to compete at TC beyond that.... Learning the playbook Im sure he would be able to do quickly enough, He would probably be the teams 3rd or 4th wr on the depth chart I think...Behind Lafell......Edelman. Im not sure

Does anyone think this affects in house moral or other free agents coming here?

Colts announced to the world they were not bringing him back when he wanted just 1 year and retire a Colt. We don't know the details of course, for all we know he was saying he did not want to be lower than 2nd on depth chart or something like that.

But it's something to think about

I was wondering the same thing. especially about the depth chart issue. I was at the Cincinnati playoff game, Reggie didn't play much, it was mainly ty and moncrief. Reggie came in on 2nd and sometimes just 3rd down. I sat above the players bench, he was pacing alot of those times. Not trying to make an issue or start a rumor but it does make you wonder if they truly did have talks as is being reported but never led to financials....

cause its just sad and disrespectful to treat the greatest colts player ever by calling him whatshisface.....

You do realize is said it in jest so as not to take anything away from the fact this thread is about Reggie Wayne. No harm was meant, but in the back of my mind I figured someone would get offended on here. It happens far too often. 

Patriots

Seahawks I'd think

How about the chargers?

Reggie was my favorite Colts player after we lost Edge. I loved wearing my authentic sewn WAYNE jersey to every home game. I loved hearing the crowd do the REG-GIE REG-GIE chant (reminds me of the old Pacers games). I am sad that he was injured the last two seasons because he could have got all of Marvin's records. I will always remember him breaking loose for the TD in the rain soaked Super Bowl. I hope he does get a contract with another team and can put up some more yardage because he is very close to breaking into the top 5 with another 700+ yd season. All that being said, I love the Colts and understand the decision is the best for the next season. The Colts are trying to win the Super Bowl every season and I love it.

How about the chargers?

Them to though with them sitting at 17 they are in prime position for Dorial Green Beckham or Jaelen Strong.....Chargers WR coach put Strong through a 56 play scripted workout at his pro day

sad to see my man Batman go, i watched him play in college when i first started getting into football then i watched him go from my Fav college team to my fav Nfl team what could have been better, it been real fun ride watching his whole career,  knnew i should have bought my reggie jersey but i grabbed a T.Y looks like it back to coltsproshop when training camp starts lol

It's going to be painful watching a game next season and not seeing Reggie on the sidelines and on the field. Seriously, if Redding isn't going to be resigned either, who can fill that locker room leadership?

luck on offense will be expected to be the leader there. I know he's not popular here but Jackson on defense is viewed as a leader.