Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will NOT Re-Sign the Legendary Number 87: Reggie Wayne. (Merge)

BrentMc11

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Reggie I am sure this was a tough decision, he may be done, not sure I would have liked to see 1 more year at a livable contract to see where he is at ,but its not to be. Will miss him some of the greatest hands I have ever seen, to go with his route running!! One of the best ever IMO! He will be missed!! Interesting to see what he does for sure!

Saw this coming doesnt make it any easier.  One of the classiest players ever in the NFL.  I hope he retires seeing him in another uniform would hurt just like watching Peyton hurts.

Time to buy that 87 jersey and put it right beside my 18......Good Times, Good Times

Thanks for everything Reggie you are the man

Wow this definitely is a sad day for all Colts fans !!!  I was sure hoping Reggie could come back for 1 more year, and win 1 more ring.  I knew this was coming, but dang, sure doesn't make it any easier :(

Thank you Reggie for all your years of hard work to make the Colts what we are today !!!  The end of an era as we all can see.

REGGIE  REGGIE  REGGIE !!!

I think this is the closest football has ever got me too crying (aside from missing state when I played in school) man all the reggie chants. Got the whole crowd sooo pumped up. The closest I ever got too him was when he drove by on the golf cart during tc. Ahhhhh this sucks and we all knew it was gunna happen, way worse than manning

I want to thank everyone on here for making this a positive thread to rehash our feelings toward the great number 87.  

I will be offline until next Friday, so keep it going for me.  I will look forward to news and the action I will not hear about on FA too.  Thanks for making this sad day a happy one for me.   :thmup:

I would have given 75 more likes if I had them.  Good luck once again to REGGIE REGGIE!

I think this is the closest football has ever got me too crying ... Ahhhhh this sucks and we all knew it was gunna happen, way worse than manning

I agree on both things.  A few tears started welling when I read the story.  I had a similar reaction when Peyton left but I think that was because I was watching him getting choked up during his press conference. 

Knew it was coming but that doesn't make it any easier.  I hope he retires.  It was tough enough seeing Peyton in a another uniform.  I don't know that I could even watch Reggie in another uniform!

What I really respected about Reggie was his professionalism. He was always complementary of the coaching staff, his teammates, his rival counterparts, & he never ever complained.

Mr. Wayne loved this city, her fans, & it's owner & we, in turn, will forever appreciated that you embodied the words dedication & class. 

I cried when Peyton left & once it hits me for real because I am still in a state of denial & disbelief; I will shed my river of tears in about 48 hours. Thank you Reggie. INDY will never be the same without you. 

What I really respected about Reggie was his professionalism. He was always complementary of the coaching staff, his teammates, his rival counterparts, & he never ever complained.

Mr. Wayne loved this city, her fans, & it's owner & we, in turn, will forever appreciated that you embodied the words dedication & class. 

I cried when Peyton left & once it hits me for real because I am still in a state of denial & disbelief; I will shed my river of tears in about 48 hours. Thank you Reggie. INDY will never be the same without you.

don't say he never ever complained. I remember Reggie a couple of times was angry not gettin the ball enough in the playoffs and saying I'm not gonna play if I'm a decoy. Then the half butt route in the SB vs Saints for a pic6. They all complain sometime. He was good but just time to move on like they did with Marvin.

Sad day indeed, First Marvin and now Reggie.

This city has been SO blessed to have these to future hall of fame receivers 18 years!

I turn 50 this year and it still hurts me that my intense athletic days are over :(

Since 1984 we have been a monster roller coaster ride and the hills and valleys just keep on coming

ty youre the man now. youve been electrifying since you got here and reggie taught you well. you and moncrief are the future and all of us colt fans know your 13 jersey will be next to 87 and 88 one day.

Well said Brother , im out of LIKES ,but his greatness did stretch well beyond the field.  :thmup:

after the way the colts handled the departure of peyton and wayne I will no longer be a fan of a player. the game has become a game of no name x and o players, it has become a business of filling positions will hired gunslingers, it is hard to become a fan of a player who is loyal to money and not a team. imo the colts could be a little kinder to fans of the players and give them a departure with diginity, sad day.

If he can be more consistent yeah. Gets taken completely outta games at times. Mostly against NE

Even Marvin found ways to beat NE

You can't blame him. If they're keying, bracketing, sliding DBs, etc., on him it's up to the coaches to work plays to the other receivers.

And let's stop the Marvin comparisons. He's no Marvin. No dis to TY, he's great but Marv was a once in a generation type of receiver.

You can't blame him. If they're keying, bracketing, sliding DBs, etc., on him it's up to the coaches to work plays to the other receivers.

And let's stop the Marvin comparisons. He's no Marvin. No dis to TY, he's great but Marv was a once in a generation type of receiver.

maybe not marv, but he has marv moments and tendencies 

And they are in different generations

i think this is a case of the Colts making up their mind before Reggie has made up his or else they would have announced Reggie is retiring.

I agree. The wording - "We feel this decision is in the best interests of the team and for Reggie as it will allow him to seek a better opportunity for playing time elsewhere if he so chooses." - is the NFL equivalent of "you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here".

Considering Harrison is old enough to be TY's father this could be considered a new generation :)

Considering Harrison is old enough to be TY's father this could be considered a new generation :)

But is he THIS generations Marvin?

Maybe this is a different thread, what's an elite #1 WR? Just because you're the first option for your team is not what I mean. The 1 on Jax or Cleveland (if they had one) aren't representative.

Could the definition of an elite #1 mean he'd be a one on say 3/4 of the teams in the league? Marv would have fit it. Would TY?