Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will NOT Re-Sign the Legendary Number 87: Reggie Wayne. (Merge)

BrentMc11

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad day, But its not surprising unfortunately. I am however surprised he was not given a bit more time. Its only March. Will be weird to see him in a different uniform.....On a side note....Does anybody else really think this Brandon Marshall trade to the Jets is a real non story after you get past the fact that its Brandon Marshall.......I mean he is going to a team with Geno Smith at QB....Geno freakin Smith

Mike Wells said the reason that turned the Colts off from trading a 5th rounder for him bc it would be his third trade in 5 years

Re-signing Reggie may be the best move Grigson has made to date. Without Reggie in Luck's first few seasons, this could have gone completely differently. Without Reggie, I highly doubt we're a playoff team the first 3 seasons.

Reggie is one of the greatest Colts - one of the many borderline hall of famers we've had in the past 15 years. I wish we could have gotten Reggie over the hump and into the hall, but I'm not sure we did. The injury last year hurt. Not adding another ring or two when you had the opportunity hurt.

Reggie will get in. Probably not first ballot but he definitely will get into Canton sooner or later IMO.

This is truly the end of an era. We love Reggie, and we will miss him. He's one of the greatest Colt's of all time, and he's one of the great guys of the NFL. Thank you for 14 great years and a Super Bowl. We love ya Reggie.

i don't think Reggie had made up his mind yet. The Colts had made up theirs so they announced it. So I agree with you. With that said, if Reggie decides he is done he will be back here to officially retire. If he truly wants to play Denver would probsbly be interested in him if he would come cheap.

I agree there is something peculiar about the timing that makes it seem like Reggie might play for one more season.

Denver is a good destination for him. The thought of Reggie catching one of Peyton's record-breaking/setting passes is comepletely fitting.

No surprise here with this news BUT very tough day I am sure for all of you. Reggie has always been one of my favorite WRs all time.

Will he retire or try another team?

Nobody knows yet. I wish he could have said himself he would retire rather than the Colts say he would not be re-signed. Hate to see him go but would be glad to see him succeed another year maybe with Peyton or Brady before calling it quits, even though he has made it clear he wanted to retire a Colt.

This is truly the end of an era. We love Reggie, and we will miss him. He's one of the greatest Colt's of all time, and he's one of the great guys of the NFL. Thank you for 14 great years and a Super Bowl. We love ya Reggie.

You said it all..

I'm very sad today

First, all I can say is...dammit!

Next, it feels awkward in the very least. However, I don't know how this went down. It is possible that the medical on Reggie is far from conclusive, or worse, and the Colts approached him with the "reality of the situation", and he is still determined to fight on. Thus...the release. 

That said, if this was just a decision made without any discussion or medical issue, I will be done as a Colt fan. That is not a threat, it's just that some lines should never be crossed. Reggie took a chance on the Colts...and if he asked for them to take a chance on him and they refused or never even talked with him, they have ruined their honor as an organization.

I wait for hopefully, some clarity.

We love you Reggie.....you now take the stand as the greatest Colt ever in my eyes. I bow very low in your honor. 

Reggie is my all-time favorite Colt. I know from a business standpoint, it was probably the smart decision... but this still stings a little. I hope he just hangs them up, and then we sign him to a 1-day contract and let him retire a Colt. I'm sure he'll retire as one anyways but I don't want to see him suited up in any other uniform than ours

Thanks for the memories, Reggie!

I do too but he's around the same age as reggie. And he's been on the decline lately. Besides his size and height, i don't see how he's much of an upgrade. I could be wrong though.

Little younger, hungry to be on a playoff caliber team, has a little more gas left, doesn't need to be the guy blowing off the top of the D like Hilton and Moncrief. Can just run short routes and doesn't need to be relied on as much as he did during his time in Houston before Hopkins came in. Would be a good locker room guy for the young bucks.

I don't want to see him play with another team, but I can only see him signing with 1 team if he doesn't retire.... Denver to reunite with Peyton. He'd be a good fit there IMO. Thomas and Sanders, with Reggie in the slot. Lattimer would be the number 4 and have another year to develop.