Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts $31 Million in Cap Space

@ESPNStatsInfo: Colts have $31 million in projected salary cap space - most in NFL among 2014 playoff teams (6th-most overall)

This was just posted 2 minutes ago

Where are you getting this info? Last I saw with the release of RJF, Colts have just about 43 mil. I have a hard time believing we only have 31 mil considering we don't have any huge contract players.

How's that? I thought it was up in the 40's as of now. Where you at Sup?

I'm right here. That figure isn't accurate as of right now, and it definitely won't be accurate once the cap is released and the Colts rollover is accounted for. Today was the deadline for teams to tell the league how much they plan to rollover. I assume the Colts will rollover the entire ~$7m they can.

Over The Cap projects us to have $43,745,661.00 with there projection of the salary cap being $150,138.267 http://overthecap.com/calculator/indianapolis-colts/

OTC uses a $143m cap, Spotrac uses a $142m cap. That, along with a missing player or two on Spotrac, makes up the difference.

Edit: Also, Spotrac includes the projected draft pick contracts.

Edited by Superman

ESPN was wrong, sportrac and OTC (Who I trust the most) have the right amounts, about 43M. The only thing not sure of is the rollover, but I do believe even though we have not notified the league officially, March 10 deadline I believe, the way both sites work, they roll over prior year. Now with Trich and Donald Thomas being cut, which I think are just a matter of when, we will have 49M. Nice!!!!

ESPN was wrong, sportrac and OTC (Who I trust the most) have the right amounts, about 43M. The only thing not sure of is the rollover, but I do believe even though we have not notified the league officially, March 10 deadline I believe, the way both sites work, they roll over prior year. Now with Trich and Donald Thomas being cut, which I think are just a matter of when, we will have 49M. Nice!!!!

The deadline to report rollover to the league was reportedly yesterday: 

Chap was on with DD or maybe Grady and Joe today and he stated Indy had around 40 - 43 million and could even grow if a couplle more players are let go (Thomas and TR grievance ) adding 4-7 m?.       And he is of the opinion that Indy will make a BIG play for a pass rusher...     Yes Please...   :thmup:

This team has plenty of dough...    but Grigs has got to hit this time ..       BIG

Grady and Big Joe... 

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/grady-and-big-joe-show/audio-demand/rtv6s-mike-chappell-0