Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 time champion Charles Haley says Tom Brady's titles are tainted.

Colts_Fan12

Haley is more than a nut job...

The guy took a dump in teammates cars, he repeatedly exposed himself in meetings and also.... pleasured himself... in the presence of others in the locker room, out in the open.

Hes a total mental case

And he's a bit overrated. People forget that those Dallas and SF defenses were loaded on talent. It is true, he was at the top of his game in SF, but they also had Pierce Holt and Kevin Fagan. Their defense did not really suffer when they lost Haley. In Dallas he was playing along side Ken Norton, Tony Tolbert, and Jim Jeffcoat. 

The 90's Cowboys defenses that won those SB's was actually underrated. Everyone focuses on their offensive firepower, but their defense was ranked in the top 5 those seasons and they had some great performances and shut down some of the best offenses. 

The reason Haley is not in the HoF is simply that. Someone realizes those teams he was on that won SB's were all around great teams. 

And he's a bit overrated. People forget that those Dallas and SF defenses were loaded on talent. It is true, he was at the top of his game in SF, but they also had Pierce Holt and Kevin Fagan. Their defense did not really suffer when they lost Haley. In Dallas he was playing along side Ken Norton, Tony Tolbert, and Jim Jeffcoat. 

The 90's Cowboys defenses that won those SB's was actually underrated. Everyone focuses on their offensive firepower, but their defense was ranked in the top 5 those seasons and they had some great performances and shut down some of the best offenses. 

The reason Haley is not in the HoF is simply that. Someone realizes those teams he was on that won SB's were all around great teams. 

Actually no, the reason Charles Haley did not get into Canton is because he refused to kiss the media's caboose & sports writers & on air personalities held his standoffishness unfairly against him. 

If NFL athletes joke around with journalists who vote for the HOF, you are a lock to get a yellow jacket, if not, they will punish you for it & drag their feet denying your rightful place in the hallowed hall. 

If I had a HOF vote, I vote strictly on their accomplishments not whether or not some player snubbed me or ticked me off. Too many reports wanna rub elbows with celebrity athletes & that's so wrong IMO. 

Charles should have gone in when he was 1st eligible. 5 rings is 5 rings. I don't care about who they played next to or what reporter didn't get a juicy headline from him. Some journalists are just cry babies man. He finally got in this year. It's about bleeping time man. 

Yes, I still detest the Cowboys, but Haley was 1 hades of a player that even I, with all my Dallas contempt & venom; truly respected. 

I do appreciate his willingness to state what he truly believes about deflate gate & Tom Brady. Charles Haley always spoke his mind no matter what. 

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12283485/hall-famer-charles-haley-says-four-super-bowl-titles-tainted-cheat-tom-brady-new-england-patriots

I don't believe that all of Brady's rings are tainted because even if I accept the premise that he played with deflated footballs his entire career he still has to avoid sacks, convert 3rd downs, & score TDs amidst LBs, DE's, & safeties trying to shut him down in every game for over a decade. 

Charles is being a little far fetched here considering his rebel like tackling on a football field. Would he say the same thing if he won rings with Brady? I highly doubt it. 

Haley is more than a nut job...

The guy took a dump in teammates cars, he repeatedly exposed himself in meetings and also.... pleasured himself... in the presence of others in the locker room, out in the open.

Hes a total mental case

As long as the dude plays like a possessed demon on a football field that scares the crap out of my adversary across the line of scrimmage, I don't care what he does off the field. I like a DE with a screw or 2 loose because with that intimidation comes Championships.

He's like Bill Romanowski. Messed up in the head, but I want that guy in my defensive huddle because he's mean & nasty. 

Tom Brady used to claim that LB Junior Seau was crazy until he became his teammate for their 2007 nearly perfect SB season run. Once that happened, he loved Jr. Seau. 

Things I have learned about sports:

If you have an opinion, people will accuse you (or fans of your team) of being the "only ones" who think that way.

If you have an opinion and find others who agree, people will accuse those others of being "crazy" or "bitter" or "nobodies" or whatever.

If you point out that someone did something wrong and your team hasn't done anything wrong, you are "holier than thou."

If you point out that someone did something wrong and your team has done something wrong, you are a "hypocrite."

These are the things we learn from sports.

Things I have learned about sports:

If you have an opinion, people will accuse you (or fans of your team) of being the "only ones" who think that way.

If you have an opinion and find others who agree, people will accuse those others of being "crazy" or "bitter" or "nobodies" or whatever.

If you point out that someone did something wrong and your team hasn't done anything wrong, you are "holier than thou."

If you point out that someone did something wrong and your team has done something wrong, you are a "hypocrite."

These are the things we learn from sports.

Nice sports lesson list there CS. My favorite one is highlighted in red.  haha AKA "The Divine Right Of Kings" Rule. 

Cue that famous Tommy Petty song...

The first Super Bowl the tuck rule got them past the Raiders anyone really think that wasn't a fumble or even heard of the tuck rule

The last super bowl of the back to backs Pats are illegally taping practices and walk thru's. Anyone think they got caught the first time?

Then we have deflate gate or whatever at the least there is a lot of "stuff" going on around their championships

Billy wasn't that great of a head coach in Cleveland oh Charles has probably just been hit too many times He sure was fun to watch lookied just as menacing as he played

The first Super Bowl the tuck rule got them past the Raiders anyone really think that wasn't a fumble or even heard of the tuck rule

The last super bowl of the back to backs Pats are illegally taping practices and walk thru's. Anyone think they got caught the first time?

Then we have deflate gate or whatever at the least there is a lot of "stuff" going on around their championships

Billy wasn't that great of a head coach in Cleveland oh Charles has probably just been hit too many times He sure was fun to watch lookied just as menacing as he played

It will all come out in the wash one day.  I do believe that.  If they are cheating, it will be found out eventually. 

I often wonder what all Tony Dungy was referring to in his post Super Bowl speech about "winning the right way".  More and more, I think he may have known some of the "dirty" tricks coaches were using to obtain an advantage and he was saying he didn't do that.  Makes you wonder if Tony knows some things but he isn't the type to squeal.   Of course, I'm mainly referring to Bellichick.

Charles Haley is many things. Overrated is not one of them.

It will all come out in the wash one day. I do believe that. If they are cheating, it will be found out eventually.

I often wonder what all Tony Dungy was referring to in his post Super Bowl speech about "winning the right way". More and more, I think he may have known some of the "dirty" tricks coaches were using to obtain an advantage and he was saying he didn't do that. Makes you wonder if Tony knows some things but he isn't the type to squeal. Of course, I'm mainly referring to Bellichick.

Dungy had a cheater as a DC. Or is lip reading an acceptable form of cheating ?

I don't think its anything big, but is "stealing opponents signals" not illegal?

Simply figuring out an opponants signals is not illegal. It is illegal to videotape them. That's where you guys got in trouble. It wasn't the end goal, but the method used to achieve it.

Well, really you got in trouble for thumbing your nose at the Commishioner, but you get my point.

Simply figuring out an opponants signals is not illegal. It is illegal to videotape them. That's where you guys got in trouble. It wasn't the end goal, but the method used to achieve it.

Well, really you got in trouble for thumbing your nose at the Commishioner, but you get my point.

Agreed 100%.

Don't you have to actually break a rule to be considered "cheating," or have I missed something?

Well, there was a time when there wasn't a rule for abusing steroids to give you an unfair advantage. But since they won superbowls using steroids in the 70's and 80's I find it hard to believe you need to break a rule to be considered a cheater. NFL found using steroids to be a form of cheating, so they finally banned steroids.

Dungy had a cheater as a DC. Or is lip reading an acceptable form of cheating ?

Is lip reading a form of cheating? Why is it that most Patriot fans always deflect their issues with pointing fingers at other teams? Does that take away from the issues the Patriot have? Kind of like getting a speeding ticket and your defense is there are other speeders. There is no such thing as less guilty.

Is lip reading a form of cheating? Why is it that most Patriot fans always deflect their issues with pointing fingers at other teams? Does that take away from the issues the Patriot have? Kind of like getting a speeding ticket and your defense is there are other speeders. There is no such thing as less guilty.

My simple point: people shouldn't throw stones in glass houses.

Well, there was a time when there wasn't a rule for abusing steroids to give you an unfair advantage. But since they won superbowls using steroids in the 70's and 80's I find it hard to believe you need to break a rule to be considered a cheater. NFL found using steroids to be a form of cheating, so they finally banned steroids.

There was a time when the forward pass was against the rules. You don't have to like that players took steroids with no consequences back when but that doesn't make them cheaters if they didn't actually break any rules.

There was a time when the forward pass was against the rules. You don't have to like that players took steroids with no consequences back when but that doesn't make them cheaters if they didn't actually break any rules.

I consider them cheaters for one simple reason: steroids were illegal based on federal law since the 60's. Using them was therefore illegal and cheating.

I consider them cheaters for one simple reason: steroids were illegal based on federal law since the 60's. Using them was therefore illegal and cheating.

You sure wanting to take Steeler fans down a notch or two doesn't have something to do with it?

As long as the dude plays like a possessed demon on a football field that scares the crap out of my adversary across the line of scrimmage, I don't care what he does off the field. I like a DE with a screw or 2 loose because with that intimidation comes Championships.

He's like Bill Romanowski. Messed up in the head, but I want that guy in my defensive huddle because he's mean & nasty. 

Tom Brady used to claim that LB Junior Seau was crazy until he became his teammate for their 2007 nearly perfect SB season run. Once that happened, he loved Jr. Seau.

Romanowski is Peyton Manning compared to Haley.

Yeah, Charles Haley is crazy for real.

He used to engage in "self abuse" in the middle of team meetings. He basically sexually assaulted Joe Montana (and Troy Aikman). There's more but I'm probably already up to the edge of whats acceptable to post here (if not already over it)

The moral is, when people say Charles Haley is crazy, it's not hyperbole.

The thumb might have come from Bill going by the rulebook which the memo conflicted with.

You know I've heard a couple of pats fans say this but I've never seen it anywhere. Where'd that come from?

Ignore all the other nonsense- just memo vs rule

http://ryan-sawtelle.squarespace.com/web-log/2015/1/23/the-reason-you-hate-the-patriots-is-because-they-win

It doesn't surprise me Bill would go by the rule. After all he did it in the open, vs Jets who waved, 2 blocks from NFL HQ. Exactly what was he trying to hide lol. This is the kicker to me.

Excerpts:

Belichick argued Article IX of the NFL Constitution and By-laws which reads:

Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the
playing of a game

Memo:

No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.
The memo stated

Still you have to obey the memo. Hence the fine

JJ, it may just be because its Friday and I just got off work, but I'm not really seeing a difference there

Edit: unless it's the "playing of a game" part but I still don't see that as being unclear.

The inference being aiding a team during the playing of the game.  Unless one believes the film could be converted to immediate intelligence- which would take some high tech satellite communications aka military style. It was just an ordinary camcorder.

As opposed to studying the film later for tendencies which eliminates the old fashioned zoom lense binocs and someone writing it down which was legal cheating. At least they stopped that with the defense radio now.

Now Halas only had an 8mm Brownie when he taped a practice in the woods in the 40's :)

Actually it says "a" game which would indicate any game present or future. If it said "the" game I'd buy that.

Of course, if there was any confusion, he should have just contacted the league who I am sure would have cleared it up.

That's a bonus. Besides, we haven't had any interesting Steeler's fans recently , here or at PP.

AnOldTroll still posts every now and again, but mostly just anti-cop rants in the political forum. I miss Steelerfan87. He got picked on a lot but I thought he was awesome. The Planets kind of an angry place right now lol. I don't expect it to get any less angry once the wells report comes out. It's a shame really. I feel bad that some people are so upset about deflategate they can't seem to really enjoy the win. I get it...but still, it's unfortunate.

Actually it says "a" game which would indicate any game present or future. If it said "the" game I'd buy that.

Of course, if there was any confusion, he should have just contacted the league who I am sure would have cleared it up.

yeah you could interpret it that way. It can go both ways. Which is why Bill said he misinterpreted the rule and gave in to the NFL wishes/fines since they are sole arbitrator.

So Bill gets the memo- ok.   reads the rule ok.

A memo is tricky. A rule would have to be amended by who writes the rules in this case the rules comm. Not Goodell.

Rozelle would have simply called the Patriots and tell them to stop.