Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We could have had LeGarette Blount

Caffrey

my broker could've told me to invest in apple 30 years ago

The problem is that I know myself some others wanted the Colts to sign Blount when he was available, it was even mentioned of Colts forum that Blount was available.  I just made mention of it recently, but I know for a fact, I wanted the Colts to sign him, we passed on him and but the Pats signed him instead.   Now if your broker told you to invest in Apple and you didn't, that's on you.  If he didn't, it was because he didn't know.  Grigson knew of Blount, and cognitively passed on him for whatever reason. 

As I remember, after Bradshaw went down, there was 2 FA RB's available that was being considered; L. Blount and Ben Take.  I was hoping we'd take a chance and sign Blount.

It would've reminded me of my favorite baseball team, SF Giants signing of OF Cody Ross a few years ago, primarily to keep the 1st place SD Padres from signing him.  Besides keeping him out of SD, Ross went on to play big for the Giants as the caught the Padres, he won the NLCS MVP enroute to the 1st of 3 World Series Championships.

Back to Blount, if we had him, the Pats would not,  They now talk about Blount like his is what Trent Richardson was fantasized to be for us.  No one talks about his off field issues when he produces.  He would have given us a nice combo RB with Herron as a big big back with good quickness and moves we never had.  Belichick again looks like a genius in getting Blount for nothing and we give up a #1 for bust Richardson.

Isn't it funny when the Patriots acquire someone, it's Bill Belichick making the trade or acquisition, any other team its the GM making the trade.  So when BB gets Blount, it's almost like BB over Grigson 1-0.  BB is a genius and does make genius moves when that same move would be hard for other teams to pull off (players attitudes, etc.)  Like getting Randy Moss and other volatile players (Quite a long list).  No one else could pull it off and it just kills the Colts at times to have to deal with the "BB FACTOR" .......

And boom goes the dynamite

Every time a spanking comes, always a "could've, should've or if" thread that follows

i was saying we should get blount when he was available.  we needed help at RB and considering what he did to us last year, keeping the patriots from getting him seemed like a no brainer.

fill a position of need and keep a rival from getting him. 

Edited by 21isSuperman

I initially had mentioned RB Gray as the other RB we would still have to stop, who ran over us in the regular season but decided to leave it off, so I was aware of this. Knowing what happened, I'd trade going against Gray over Blount, don't think it would be any worse for us. If Blount contributed anything for us, it would have been gravy. He surely would not do anything for the Pats if we signed him. We also could have moved/swayed him into the Colt family atmosphere and buy into our monster building for next year. I seen one expert that predicted he would be the Super Bowl MVP. We are so good, especially at RB, we don't/didn't want this guy? Unfortunate Grigson mistake.

Blount is a Punk goes back to his days when he got the boot at Oregon for throwing a bunch at Boise St. We lost that game for a numbers of reasons Blount wasn't one of them They dominated the trenches no way he is MVP of the super bowl thanks for you great insight keep it coming

I initially had mentioned RB Gray as the other RB we would still have to stop, who ran over us in the regular season but decided to leave it off, so I was aware of this. Knowing what happened, I'd trade going against Gray over Blount, don't think it would be any worse for us. If Blount contributed anything for us, it would have been gravy. He surely would not do anything for the Pats if we signed him. We also could have moved/swayed him into the Colt family atmosphere and buy into our monster building for next year. I seen one expert that predicted he would be the Super Bowl MVP. We are so good, especially at RB, we don't/didn't want this guy? Unfortunate Grigson mistake.

Still don't provide links for you information looks like Grigs was smarter than you and your mysterious source who had Blount as the MVP of the SB lmao. keep up the great knowledge....that stupid Grigs didn't bring in an average back who has no receiving skills all kinds no idea about our playbook add alot of attitude problems to our 53 man roster in late Nov. Hey we should dump him?!?! glad your here I had always thought ganes were won in the trenches

Still don't provide links for you information looks like Grigs was smarter than you and your mysterious source who had Blount as the MVP of the SB lmao. keep up the great knowledge....that stupid Grigs didn't bring in an average back who has no receiving skills all kinds no idea about our playbook add alot of attitude problems to our 53 man roster in late Nov. Hey we should dump him?!?! glad your here I had always thought ganes were won in the trenches

I didn't come here to argue with anyone but I can have some fun with you like calling you Mr lack of insight/clueless yourself, but nah, 2 wrongs don't make a right.  Links?  I seen it on TV, I don't owe you anything, even if I wanted to look for the link, which I don't.  Grigson made a mistake, we all do, except yourself of course by your attitude.  I don't think he should be fired as he made some good moves, just not this one among others.  Later.

I didn't come here to argue with anyone but I can have some fun with you like calling you Mr lack of insight/clueless yourself, but nah, 2 wrongs don't make a right.  Links?  I seen it on TV, I don't owe you anything, even if I wanted to look for the link, which I don't.  Grigson made a mistake, we all do, except yourself of course by your attitude.  I don't think he should be fired as he made some good moves, just not this one among others.  Later.

The link I wanted was your 90% of CFL players or whatever you posted. Everyone makes mistakes even Grigs but not signing Blount wasn't one of them

As I remember, after Bradshaw went down, there was 2 FA RB's available that was being considered; L. Blount and Ben Take.  I was hoping we'd take a chance and sign Blount.

It would've reminded me of my favorite baseball team, SF Giants signing of OF Cody Ross a few years ago, primarily to keep the 1st place SD Padres from signing him.  Besides keeping him out of SD, Ross went on to play big for the Giants as the caught the Padres, he won the NLCS MVP enroute to the 1st of 3 World Series Championships.

Back to Blount, if we had him, the Pats would not,  They now talk about Blount like his is what Trent Richardson was fantasized to be for us.  No one talks about his off field issues when he produces.  He would have given us a nice combo RB with Herron as a big big back with good quickness and moves we never had.  Belichick again looks like a genius in getting Blount for nothing and we give up a #1 for bust Richardson.

How do you know the Colts didn't contact him and he said, no he doesn't want to talk with the Colts?

lol.

This guy is trash. Always has been. Even at Oregon.

We don't need this kind of * canoe in our locker room. 

If the Colts hired you as their GM, they would dwell in the cellar for the duration of your employment.

So, what do you think about the latest US balance of trade numbers?

If the Colts hired you as their GM, they would dwell in the cellar for the duration of your employment.

So, what do you think about the latest US balance of trade numbers?

Right.

I forgot that he was the key to success in Tennessee, Tampa, and Pittsburgh. 

The only place he's been worth his weight in horse manure is New England.

But that's none of my business. 

I am getting a clairyovant response here.  It says the Colts WERE not VICTIMS.

Just because we couldn't stop him from running doesn't mean he's the greatest back alive. Jonas Gray went on to become the answer to a trivia question after we let him run for 200. Never heard from again. 

Blount has had two good games against us. 

How many other 100 yard rushing efforts has he had?

He wasn't the answer. 

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, February 8, 2015 - baiting to elevate flame war
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, February 8, 2015 - baiting to elevate flame war

What are you doing?

HEY! We both know the Colts fans are hangin' LOW.  WHAT are you doing that does not reveal the Colts as the worst CHEATERS in the NFL?

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, February 8, 2015 - respnse to hidin post
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, February 8, 2015 - respnse to hidin post

HEY! We both know the Colts fans are hangin' LOW. WHAT are you doing that does not reveal the Colts as the worst CHEATERS in the NFL?

are you being possessed right now?

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, February 8, 2015 - response to hiddin post
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, February 8, 2015 - response to hiddin post

I loved Rick when he was with the WWF

Why do you mention "canoe"?

I am getting a clairyovant response here.  It says the Colts WERE not VICTIMS.

Why not c*a*n*u ?

HEY! We both know the Colts fans are hangin' LOW.  WHAT are you doing that does not reveal the Colts as the worst CHEATERS in the NFL?

tumblr_m70qwwiryb1raw5jio2_250.gif

are you being possessed right now?

We'll find out soon.

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!

/holywater

If he starts spewing pea soup we'll know he has a demon.

Blount didn't do anything with the Steelers.  What makes people think he would have done anything with the Colts?

nothing really makes me think that.  we needed help at RB though, he could have been better than tipton and TR.  possibly better than herron too.

also anything to keep him from NE.  i dont know what his contract was, i imagine it was not all that expensive

nothing really makes me think that. we needed help at RB though, he could have been better than tipton and TR. possibly better than herron too.

also anything to keep him from NE. i dont know what his contract was, i imagine it was not all that expensive

But they put in pretty much anyone in that line and they do well vs the colts

nothing really makes me think that.  we needed help at RB though, he could have been better than tipton and TR.  possibly better than herron too.

also anything to keep him from NE.  i dont know what his contract was, i imagine it was not all that expensive

What makes you think he would have done better than Tipton when the issue is the Colts abandoning the running game? Even against New England in the AFC Championship for example.  We got good gains out of every run we did, but still we abandoned the running game to throw the ball like crazy in the freezing cold and rain down pour.

We were running the ball just fine without needing Blount on the Colts. If we were more committed I think we possess the ball longer, and probably would have scored on more drives than we did due to a good mix of pass and run.  Easier to get them on their heels when it's harder to identify exactly what we are doing.

Lol Blount is crap.

Jonas Gray ran all over us... truth is that NE front just dominates us. Pretty sure Richardson would look like a NFL back on the Pats against our defense.

I am not bothered by missing out on him.

One thing he does have going for him is his size which makes smaller guys a bit more afraid of hitting him.