Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Out of our depth

ell_chrisso

Let's face it... We are not and never were the 2nd best team in the AFC. We got man handled by the Pats and Steelers in the season and the Broncos comfortably beat us week one.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we have improved and I'm expecting bigger and better things next year but we had no right being in that championship game ahead of Denver/Pittsburgh/Baltimore.

How do we rebuild for next season? How do we create a team man enough to compete with the Patriots?!

we beat baltimore but we match up poorly versus pats. We need an elite rb that can run good even behind an average line. We need run stoppers on defense and we need wrs that can get open versus press man coverage. Plus a safety and an inside line backer.

Let's face it... We are not and never were the 2nd best team in the AFC. We got man handled by the Pats and Steelers in the season and the Broncos comfortably beat us week one.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we have improved and I'm expecting bigger and better things next year but we had no right being in that championship game ahead of Denver/Pittsburgh/Baltimore.

How do we rebuild for next season? How do we create a team man enough to compete with the Patriots?!

I wouldn't talk about rebuild, but we need some quality additions. On D we need to find a way to stop run. We need to do far better at NT and safety. Offense-wise acquiring decent WRs and decent RB (RBs)  is a must. RB position is obvious, WR-wise Nicks didn't live up his talent and we might see Reggie's last ride yesterday, so suddenly we're getting thin at WR too.

we beat baltimore but we match up poorly versus pats. We need an elite rb that can run good even behind an average line. We need run stoppers on defense and we need wrs that can get open versus press man coverage. Plus a safety and an inside line backer.

So we do basically need a whole new team bar Luck?

With Grigson and Pagano It's not looking good 

We were within a touchdown week one but except that you are correct this team needs overhauled.

Uhhhh, we won two playoff games. We had every right to be there.

Sadly, I can count about 10 to 15 guys on the Colts Roster that are above average to elite and the rest is in the toilet.

Offense

Luck

Hilton

Moncrief

Fleener

Allen

Castonzo

Mewhort

Leaves us needing C Rg Rt Rb.

Defense

Davis

Newsome

Walden

Jones

Toler

Leaves us needing about everything....

Yikes

Sadly, I can count about 10 to 15 guys on the Colts Roster that are above average to elite and the rest is in the toilet.

Offense

Luck

Hilton

Moncrief

Fleener

Allen

Castonzo

Mewhort

Defense

Davis

Newsome

Walden

Jones

Toler

Yikes

you forgot pat, but I agree we need some game changers

We obviously deserved to be there over Denver cause we beat them.  We also beat Baltimore this year.  Pittsburg you can make a case about, but then again Baltimore beat them so they didn't deserve it.

You can also add Dallas to the list that man handled us this season also.

We need to rebuild by the draft.  We obviously need to go OL and LB or DL with our first 3 or 4 picks.  Also picking up a vet in FA wouldn't hurt either.  Get a good OL coach (but I doubt that happens).  All in all I think we will be a much better football team next year.  No more excuses for inexperience now.  Luck, Pagano, and Grigson will be in their 4th season, these next 2 seasons is where most teams make substantial progress.  Im not too worried, about the loss.  In the grand scheme of things, the AFC will be ours for the next decade.  We will finally get over the hump of the Pats next year I think, and be the #1 seed.  The road to the SB will be thru Indy, for awhile to come.

I think the colts might pitch a 1/2 year min contract to Nicks. If he takes it fine second year in our system and with Andrew should improve not drastically but still on a vet min. No biggie if he leaves.

Unless trich shows something in preseason then i think he will go.

We definitely need a rg and we can see how far john comes on next season as far as RT depth (no real high hopes tho).

I know future contract signees arent much but I'm interested to see how far demps and swoope have come this year. And if we sign carter then those could be three electric players on offense.

Defense is the big question i hoped chap would have had a bigger leap this year but didn't. We'll see if kerr can make the second year leap.

Definitely need a safety if not two. Id resign adams as a back up.

Really happy toler stayed healthy this year and on the whole was very pleased with his play. Obviously we need to sign another corner but its not the most glaring of needs.

And the more LBers the better

Had we been able to run the ball and stop the run, Colts would have won.  Brady didn't have a great game.  

Offense

Luck

Hilton

Moncrief

Fleener

Allen

Castonzo

Mewhort

Defense

Davis

Newsome

Walden

Jones

Toler

Yikes

Championship teams don't need every player to be above avg. you left Mathis out also. And redding who is imo above avg. we have a lot of pieces you just need above avg to elite players at the right positions. And the right complementory players along side them.

But until we can run the ball, and protect luck in the afcCG we won't be winning any SBs. I want to see Grigson proactively draft and possibly sign, OLINE. First 2 picks, OLINE. Last 3 picks OLINE. Let's get some guys in here for our trenches!

Did you guys not see the time of possession for the game? We completely lost that key matchup. And how have we won our games all year long? By winning time of posession. We need long time consuming drives. And this will take so much pressure off of our D. Let's see the Seahawks beat the patriots and lose the time of posession. I bet you this won't happen, and rarely does (no Peyton vs Miami references).

We need to sign a couple avg oline as well. This will only help. We need the competition in camp.

You just got to laugh at some of the stupid threads on here right now. Clearly people do not understand the parity within the NFL system.

The Steelers lost to the Jets and the Buccs. Did they even deserve to be in the play-offs? We beat the Ravens, and should have beat them quite convincingly, but beat them we did. We lost by one score in Denver, then beat them when it counted, again in Denver.

It seems like our opponents are allowed to have excuses for losing games, but we are just pretenders when we lose.

Get a grip guys, just get a grip and stop with the over reactions.