Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's going to be raining cats and dogs during AFCCG

chad72

Bad weather will cause the QB with the weaker arm and who is less mobile more problems. I have said it since Monday been told to slow my roll and all kinds of other things. We are better up front than anyone gives us credit for in the playoffs. The playoff rushing numbers show that. When our D is healthy especially Toler and Davis on the outside we can create problems. We have been very good against the little swing passes to the rb's as well. I think we beat NE in the rain or snow.

That's why NE ran it something like 13 times with the RBs in the first half, and not a single running play called in the 2nd after Stork was out?

Your o-line has sucked when he hasn't played. Plain and simple.

?? Right they passed more in the second half when Stork was out as the line handled the Ravens front just fine. The Pats Oline has been up and down all season. This is why you have an OC to help design plays to limit exposure. I really expect more running tomorrow anyways.

we won the super bowl in rain

True, but that was a light rain, in Miami, and in the high sixties.

Just caught the local forecast (I live near the stadium). Foxboro may not get the heavy stuff until the 2nd half, but it will be heavy then, with temps in the low 30's.

The Pats lost to the Bengals on the road 13 - 6, in a ridiculous downpour... never saw it rain harder during a game. Almost couldn't see the action on TV at times

?? Right they passed more in the second half when Stork was out as the line handled the Ravens front just fine. The Pats Oline has been up and down all season. This is why you have an OC to help design plays to limit exposure. I really expect more running tomorrow anyways.

The first month or so of the season the line was awful, and it's been good since. So you tell me. . . what changed?

I've read that Brady has struggled in rain... true ?

That was some real in-depth analysis there! Sample size of 2 games for Luck and 2 games for Pats since 2013?

I do have more confidence in Andrew than I did PM in the rain. That said, I can't say it pleases me. Just another factor that will help dictate the outcome...not sure which way. Colts already have struggled with drops and turnovers. Who knows how much the rain impacts one way or the other. 

Edit: this forecast looks a lot different: http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/l/USMA0146:1:US

I'll take a wait and see approach and not worry about it one way or the other. 

Well if I remember correctly it rained in the SB 2006 in which the PM / Colts Won. ;)

Well if I remember correctly it rained in the SB 2006 in which the PM / Colts Won. ;)

Sure. He also thre 6 INTs against SD in the rain.

I'm not bashing PM. I just think Luck's style is more flexible to circumstances than PM. Luck also has a much smaller sample size so I might think differently in a few years.