Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts vs Patriots Round 2

ColtStronger

Colts now have Art Jones back in the middle to clog the run and a healthy Dwayne Allen to complement Fleener, who killed the Pats secondary in their regular season game.  Should be a different game. 

Hopefully the Colts coaching staff continues to find ways to keep Trent on the sidelines and I can add no Trent Richardson to kill drives to the list. 

The last two times we played them, they steamrolled us with a dominant running game.  Our run defense recently gives me a lot of confidence going into this game, but we can't get too confident.  As for Gronk, I've seen CBs play on TEs before.  Given how Manusky has gameplanned defensively the last two games, I'm confident he'll come up with something.

I really want to see Hilton burning Browner just like he did when we played Seattle last year

I hope Landry isn't trying to cover gronk. He'll eat his lunch.

Well Gronk already ate Brown's lunch earlier this season.  Jackson can't cover less than great tightends so that leaves Freeman or Adams if you don't go with Landry.  I would look for that match up early though.  I think the Pats will expect us to come out and load up the box to stop the run based on the last two outings with them and try to hit the Colts with the pass early. 

All I know for sure is it will take the exact game in denver .... MINUS the stupid penalties and poor decisions by Cribbs. I am OK with lucks 2 INT's because I think field position (risk/reward) was better to throw the deep ball instead of punting. I know there is a ton of differing opinions here on that but I won't agree with everyone.

I do indeed think our coaches will be working out of their minds this next week to come up with everything they can take to use against BB and company. I think our team stands a great chance. I have all the confidence in the world in them and they proved me correct today in Denver.

Could we have a similar gameplan like we did against Denver? Keep Brady off the field?

Who is gonna cover Gronk? 

I know they're gonna try and run it again too.

I think several different players will cover Gronk... Landry, Adams, Jackson/Freeman... Say what you want about Landry's name being on there, but he did a pretty solid job on Thomas today. 

We gotta stop the stupid penalties!!!! We gotta cut what we had today in half at least! Patriots will take those extended drives we give them and get 7 points out of it. And we gotta be physical. Hopefully we'll be able to run somewhat because they have a deep talented secondary as we know. So if we get stuck in just trying to air it out... we could be in trouble. Need to find balance and make em respect the run.