Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

on paper

OLD FAN MAN

how do the colts compare to Denver on paper by position? I know Elway the cap master has managed to have 5 pro bowlers on defense and I don't know how many on offense. comments?

I am not going to go position by position, but I think it is safe to say that Denver is more talented overall.

I am not going to go position by position, but I think it is safe to say that Denver is more talented overall.

I agree on the talent level, imo if we have any chance of winning we have to play above our talent level and not make turnovers or get game changing penalties

On offense they have small advantage over us on paper

QB is a push

Rb's is in denvers favor

Wrs/TE's is a push

They have a better o-line

The Broncos are better at WR - I would take Sanders and Demarius Thomas over TY and Nicks/Moncrief.  TEs could be a push - I'm not sure how good Thomas really is.  He might just be a creation of playing with Manning.

But I think that the RB and OL situation gives them more than a small advantage over the Colts offense.

I'm also not ready to give the QBs a push.  Manning still has a slight advantage until #12 proves otherwise.  

It would almost be fitting for us to take 18 out of the Playoffs.  I love the fact that we are such an "underdog" in the media's eyes.  Which means more pressure on Den.  Plus, as much as I like 18, he has 8 career 1 and done post season appearances.  I'd be gitty as a school girl if the colts could make it 9.

I agree on the talent level, imo if we have any chance of winning we have to play above our talent level and not make turnovers or get game changing penalties

I don't think there is any question about that. Clean up the mental mistakes and stop the run.

The Broncos are better at WR - I would take Sanders and Demarius Thomas over TY and Nicks/Moncrief. TEs could be a push - I'm not sure how good Thomas really is. He might just be a creation of playing with Manning.

But I think that the RB and OL situation gives them more than a small advantage over the Colts offense.

I'm also not ready to give the QBs a push. Manning still has a slight advantage until #12 proves otherwise.

manning is still throwing wobbly passing downfield, and it will be cold. They are at a push.

I won't go through position by position either but I will go by groups.

QB - Advantage Denver

RBs - Advantage Denver

WRs - Advantage Denver (If Wayne were his old self this would be different and I'd take TY over any of them but I don't think the Colts can compare to DT, Sanders and Welker)

TE - Advantage Colts - JT is better than Fleener or Allen but JT/Tamme combo is not as good as the Fleener/Allen combo

Oline - Push (Denver probably has a slight advantage but they have not been playing well the past 5 or 6 weeks)

Dline - Advantage Colts

LBers - Advantage Denver

CBs - Advantage Colts

Safeties - Advantage Denver

K- Colts

P- Colts

Returner - Push. (I'm not as high on Cribbs as many on this forum)

To Ratio

Broncos +5

Colts -5  Advantage Broncos.

manning is still throwing wobbly passing downfield, and it will be cold. They are at a push.

A few things:

• Manning has always thrown wobbly passes downfield.
  • Manning does not have problems with cold
  • Manning does have problems with wind
  • Luck has not shown he can play in the cold yet either.
  • They are not a push.  Although, if Luck plays like he did against the Bengals, he will not be far behind.

<p>

A few things:

• Manning has always thrown wobbly passes downfield.
  • Manning does not have problems with cold
  • Manning does have problems with wind
  • Luck has not shown he can play in the cold yet either.
  • They are not a push. Although, if Luck plays like he did against the Bengals, he will not be far behind.
he's 1-8 in games with temp being under 30.. But obviously your correct

QB - Advantage Denver

RBs - Advantage Denver

WRs - Advantage Denver (If Wayne were his old self this would be different and I'd take TY over any of them but I don't think the Colts can compare to DT, Sanders and Welker)

TE - Advantage Colts - JT is better than Fleener or Allen but JT/Tamme combo is not as good as the Fleener/Allen combo

Oline - Push (Denver probably has a slight advantage but they have not been playing well the past 5 or 6 weeks)

Dline - Advantage Colts

LBers - Advantage Denver

CBs - Advantage Colts

K- Colts

P- Colts

To Ratio

Broncos +5

Agree across the board except Corner, Davis has been great, Toler is decent in my opinion but is outmatched against solid #2 WR's with a QB and Butler is fine in the Nickel but if Davis goes down its like our coverage goes to hell all because of 1 Corner being out though a very good Corner. I'd actually argue we have the better Safeties...Though with us having Landry it would not be a great argument

Agree across the board except Corner, Davis has been great, Toler is decent in my opinion but is outmatched against solid #2 WR's with a QB and Butler is fine in the Nickel but if Davis goes down its like our coverage goes to hell all because of 1 Corner being out though a very good Corner. I'd actually argue we have the better Safeties...Though with us having Landry it would not be a great argument

I can see that.  I just disagree about Toler and Butler.  I think Toler is a good CB not great but I think Butler is just an average nickle back and an even #2 Cb.

I like Adams at safety and Landry is ok but overall I take Ward and Moore over Adams and Landry (or Adams and Brown)

Isn't it suppose to be in the 40's and sunny? Not too cold. I think that's perfect football weather.

have you ever played in the 40's? it's still really cold and the ball hurts when it hits your hands. 60's-70's is perfect football weather.

Of course I'm from Arizona so that is cold weather to me

QB - Advantage Denver

RBs - Advantage Denver

Dline - Advantage Colts

LBers - Advantage Denver

CBs - Advantage Colts

K- Colts

P- Colts

To Ratio

Broncos +5

You would really take TY over Demariyus Thomas?  I think you would be in the minority.

Denver player for player has a MUCH better and deeper roster.  

Even at the positions where the Colts are good the Broncos are at least as good.  

With that being said, Denver also had a better roster than the Bengals and Cinci won.  I dont think the Colts have no shot, I think they have a good shot.  

A team is more than the sum of its parts.  

I hate to say it but on paper they definitely are the most talented. I mean Ware and Miller rushing the QB with Big Knighton plugging up the middle. They found a gem at LB with Brandon Marshall. He can cover and stop the run too. Then you have the best CB trio in the league with Talib, Harris, and Roby. A beast SS in Ward (who we should have tried to sign) and a FS who can cover in Rahim Moore. Of course everyone knows what they have on offense. The Broncos are a good comparison to what I see us being in a few years. 

have you ever played in the 40's? it's still really cold and the ball hurts when it hits your hands. 60's-70's is perfect football weather.

Of course I'm from Arizona so that is cold weather to me

haha. Well.... I think in the 40s is chilly but when you're in football gear and running a lot, it's near perfect. It's been -10 here in Indiana in the mornings with a wind chill of -30. THAT is what I consider cold.

You would really take TY over Demariyus Thomas?  I think you would be in the minority.

Denver player for player has a MUCH better and deeper roster.  

Even at the positions where the Colts are good the Broncos are at least as good.  

With that being said, Denver also had a better roster than the Bengals and Cinci won.  I dont think the Colts have no shot, I think they have a good shot.  

A team is more than the sum of its parts.  

even though they are big name high talent players and clearly more talented, if we have determination enough we can win. how Elway filled this team with pro bowlers  and stayed under cap is beyond me. with this roster of pro bowlers no one should beat them, but teams do

It would almost be fitting for us to take 18 out of the Playoffs.  I love the fact that we are such an "underdog" in the media's eyes.  Which means more pressure on Den.  Plus, as much as I like 18, he has 8 career 1 and done post season appearances.  I'd be gitty as a school girl if the colts could make it 9.

He has only won a playoff game in back to back years once in his career.

I think we win on Sunday they may have more talent but football is a game where 11 guys play as one and I don't think the talent disparity is quite as large as some make it out to be.

In addition we have a major advantage on Special Teams IMO which is an important part of a game. We take care of the ball we win the game pretty simple