Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodney Harrison

LJpalmbeacher2

I would be upset of couse but of soon as I came on here and seen all the spoiled little fans crying I probably wouldn't. What are you defending the cry babys that wont stop crying even tho we have made he playoffs 9 of the last 10 years, been blessed with Luck after having Manning for 13 years. Oh yah we have tonnnns to cry about. Read some stats of some of the worst teams. Cleveland. Jax. NYJ. KC. They have it bad not us

Who is crying?  What did Harrison say that is not true?  Are you claiming that we have an elite o-line?  Are you claiming that Luck doesn't turn it over too much?  Do you think our run game is great?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be upset of couse but of soon as I came on here and seen all the spoiled little fans crying I probably wouldn't. What are you defending the cry babys that wont stop crying even tho we have made he playoffs 9 of the last 10 years, been blessed with Luck after having Manning for 13 years. Oh yah we have tonnnns to cry about. Read some stats of some of the worst teams. Cleveland. Jax. NYJ. KC. They have it bad not us

You're 100% correct. If you "fans" are not entertained, then stop watching and quit being a fan.

Who is crying? What did Harrison say that is not true? Are you claiming that we have an elite o-line? Are you claiming that Luck doesn't turn it over too much? Do you think our run game is great?

Do you really think Cincy or Pitt doesn't want to play at home? Because that's what Harrison was trying to say.

This board is borderline unreadable as of late.

Even the moderators are almost overwhelmingly negative.

It's perfectly fine to criticize but it seems like everyone goes out of their way (mods included) to ignore the positive aspects of this team.

That's not accurate. I know one mod in the game thread every week and watching people rant and rave about being down 21 pts and probably a loss still cheers about making a play to get back in it.

But that's not the point. Some of need to get this. Mods were posters before and STILL posters when they are a mod. Thus they all have their own view points just like everyone else here.

They are not here to tow the banner but to keep the board organized and family friendly. You will KNOW when a mod is posting as a MOD because they will lock threads, warn people to chill out etc etc.

Can you not chew gum and walk at the same time?

Who is crying?  What did Harrison say that is not true?  Are you claiming that we have an elite o-line?  Are you claiming that Luck doesn't turn it over too much?  Do you think our run game is great?

umm pretty much most of the forum is crying including you and I never sayd anything that Harrison sayd wasn't true all im doing is calling out the people that don't believe in this team which seems to be a lot on here. So if call yourself a fan you should look in the mirror. 

umm pretty much most of the forum is crying including you and I never sayd anything that Harrison sayd wasn't true all im doing is calling out the people that don't believe in this team which seems to be a lot on here. So if call yourself a fan you should look in the mirror. 

I am a fan of the Colts, I am also a paying customer.  Rodney Harrison is 100% correct.  

That's not accurate. I know one mod in the game thread every week and watching people rant and rave about being down 21 pts and probably a loss still cheers about making a play to get back in it.

But that's not the point. Some of need to get this. Mods were posters before and STILL posters when they are a mod. Thus they all have their own view points just like everyone else here.

They are not here to tow the banner but to keep the board organized and family friendly. You will KNOW when a mod is posting as a MOD because they will lock threads, warn people to chill out etc etc.

Can you not chew gum and walk at the same time?

I moderate several sites myself (one is a pay site and that's a little trickier; the other is a community much larger than this one). 

Thus, I respect the work you all put in.  And I agree that you all don't need to be Colts "Pollyannas" (i.e., constantly optimistic Colts fanboys).  

In addition to keeping the board organized, enforcing board rules, etc., the moderator has a duty to foster good discussion/debate.  I appreciate the critical analysis/discussion but as of late, there has been a lack of positive analysis/discussion.  I understand that this is partially a byproduct of the play on the field.  The team clearly has issues.

But, this is my opinion only.  If you disagree, that's fine. 

So you're saying he is correct but Colts fans are supposed to pretend like he is not correct so we feel better about ourselves.  Gotcha

Im a colts fan but I just know for a fact if they don't improve their play against elite teams they are going to get beat badly in the playoffs.

Not sure that being a fan of a team required mindless optimism on our part.  Right now, the Colts do have chaos on the OLine, haven't been running good, and have turned the ball over.  I think all of us fans still think on any given Sunday we can beat anyone if we play a good game.  But it would be stupid just to mindlessly think we can beat everyone and never see what our weaknesses are.  That is not a fan.  That is just being stupid.

Not sure that being a fan of a team required mindless optimism on our part.  Right now, the Colts do have chaos on the OLine, haven't been running good, and have turned the ball over.  I think all of us fans still think on any given Sunday we can beat anyone if we play a good game.  But it would be stupid just to mindlessly think we can beat everyone and never see what our weaknesses are.  That is not a fan.  That is just being stupid.

+1,000,000,000,000

I am a fan of the Colts, I am also a paying customer.  Rodney Harrison is 100% correct.  

your a bandwagon fan you cheer when we are good your a troll when we suck. And your money will never change how good we are whether you pay or not. So plz take your negativity elsewhere and stop talking to me.

I moderate several sites myself (one is a pay site and that's a little trickier; the other is a community much larger than this one). 

Thus, I respect the work you all put in.  And I agree that you all don't need to be Colts "Pollyannas" (i.e., constantly optimistic Colts fanboys).  

In addition to keeping the board organized, enforcing board rules, etc., the moderator has a duty to foster good discussion/debate.  I appreciate the critical analysis/discussion but as of late, there has been a lack of positive analysis/discussion.  I understand that this is partially a byproduct of the play on the field.  The team clearly has issues.

But, this is my opinion only.  If you disagree, that's fine. 

I don't disagree- at least fully :)  Part of enforcing the rules hopefully does foster good debate since you're at least eliminating the personal shots, baiting etc. But we can't moderate viewpoints. 

Ever since I've been here there's always a discussion who's a fan and who's not which in my opinion is ridiculous. A fan can actually do what he/she wants whether its booing or whatever. They have that right. I don't like when people boo but hey it's their right.

I don't disagree- at least fully :)  Part of enforcing the rules hopefully does foster good debate since you're at least eliminating the personal shots, baiting etc. But we can't moderate viewpoints. 

Ever since I've been here there's always a discussion who's a fan and who's not which in my opinion is ridiculous. A fan can actually do what he/she wants whether its booing or whatever. They have that right. I don't like when people boo but hey it's their right.

All good points.  I really shouldn't have called out all the mods "carte blanche."  That was an over-inclusive mistake on my part.  You rightly called me out on it. 

There are aspects of this team that worry me but I still stand fully behind it.  There are several posters here that have pretty much quit.  That bothers me (I'm sure that will keep the negative posters up at night ha ha).  Why even be here?  I hate the "Hold me I'm a Colts fan" posts.  Really do. 

But, the angry/negative majority is always more vocal than the positive/happy contingent. 

Posted · Hidden by Superman, December 29, 2014 - personal spat
Hidden by Superman, December 29, 2014 - personal spat

All good points.  I really shouldn't have called out all the mods "carte blanche."  That was an over-inclusive mistake on my part.  You rightly called me out on it. 

There are aspects of this team that worry me but I still stand fully behind it.  There are several posters here that have pretty much quit.  That bothers me (I'm sure that will keep the negative posters up at night ha ha).  Why even be here?  I hate the "Hold me I'm a Colts fan" posts.  Really do. 

But, the angry/negative majority is always more vocal than the positive/happy contingent. 

If things people say on here bothers you that much, then you really need to get a life.  

I don't agree with the bolded. There are many on this very board who will openly mock you if you dare to suggest that the Colts might be able to do something in the playoffs. It's happening in this very thread. And that's what some have become irritated with.

No question some of the negativity gets over the top- just as some of the positive also gets over the top. Honestly I think 11-5 is pretty good because at the start of the season I figured 9-7. They just don't have all the pieces. True most of the wins are the AFC South but you still got to win the games you should. Problem is too many people these days are SB or bust. I think I'm beginning to hate the SB. lol.  For me I enjoy the games each week for what they are.

I can't believe all these people taking flak for being realistic about this team. It obvious the team has issues, and those issues will be what likely holds them back in the playoffs. So why bash the people who agree with it by calling them fake fans and bandwagoners? So what if they believe they won't advance? So this isn't the Colts year, not a big deal. This isn't the end all be all season, there will be another one next year and another opportunity.

I've been a member of this board since 05 or 06. I don't post that much lately because people just want to fire everyone or argue. But this is one of the most rubbish threads I've read in a really long time.

Harrison is exactly correct. We are going to question people's Fandom over discussing the obvious flaws of our team? We are three years into a rebuild with an awesome young qb, gone 11-5 each year and have made the playoffs each year...even won one.

My point is, I have really enjoyed these new era Colts week in and week out. We COULD make some noise in the playoffs but I doubt it. Why? Because we have a mess of an oline an abysmal running game and we have turned the ball over too much as of late.

This...Colts are the team that any other playoff team in the AFC would love to face right now.  Harrison only spoke the truth.

I'm not so sure.  I think teams that have very little pass rush still fear Luck and the Colts.  Teams with good defensive backfield and awesome pass rush / blitz schemes are less intimidated to face us.  Teams with balanced attack and good O line might feel they can have success.  Teams that are one dimensional and/or have weak O lines as well maybe do not like to face our D.    and when all 3 phases of the Colts game are clicking, the Colts can compete with anybody.  Let's hope playoffs raise the level of our play.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, December 29, 2014 - personal spat
Hidden by Superman, December 29, 2014 - personal spat

If things people say on here bothers you that much, then you really need to get a life.  

Ooooh I'm cowering in the midst of the Internet tough guy.   I never quantified how much it bothers me.

But thanks for your concern. :thmup:

No question some of the negativity gets over the top- just as some of the positive also gets over the top. Honestly I think 11-5 is pretty good because at the start of the season I figured 9-7. They just don't have all the pieces. True most of the wins are the AFC South but you still got to win the games you should. Problem is too many people these days are SB or bust. I think I'm beginning to hate the SB. lol.  For me I enjoy the games each week for what they are.

Agreed.  They really don't have all the pieces - yet.  NFL games, for the most part, are won in the trenches (this is true at any level of football).  Elite skill players can have a huge impact but they also benefit from a dominant OL/DL.  If the OL holds up, WRs are going to have more time to get open.  If the pass rush gets there, the DBs don't get taxed as much.

If Newsome and Mathis can generate a consistent pass rush next year, the Colts D will be much better.  They won't have to rely as much on the blitz and the corners can play more aggressive bump and run man-to-man.

The list goes on and on but clearly, the OL and DL are where it is at.  

It seems that our run defense is improving but we need one more big 3-4 backer.  We need one more big, nasty DL to occupy blockers at the LOS so that our backers can flow downhill.  Adams has been a bright spot but we need some depth at S, too.  I think Brown/Howell/Landry can be an effective trio at the other S position. 

The OL needs drastic improvement as well.  Having a running game will open play-action for Luck.  Running the ball will help to sustain long drives.  Better pass protection will limit Luck's turnovers/sacks. 

This...Colts are the team that any other playoff team in the AFC would love to face right now.  Harrison only spoke the truth.

I'd argue that teams would rather play the Ravens or Bengals. I know the Bengals beat Denver, but Dalton has been dreadful in the playoffs. I don't know that I'd pick Baltimore to beat anyone other than Cincy, or if they were in the NFC Carolina.

Just Blasted the Colts!

Dungy said tonight's game is important because the winner wins division AND the loser has to go on the road to play Indy. Harrison then Laughed and said who's afraid to go play Indy? Colts don't have a OL, no running game and a qb who turns the ball over.

I think he was just messing with Tony....

..I'm very confortable facing Andy Dalton....we have QB who throws TDs after he turns the ball over

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2014 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, December 29, 2014 - quoting removed post

Better then being a negative twit

Right.   You go keep proving my point in post after post.

Facts are so negative.

But opinions -- even ill informed ones -- are fun!     Anyone can say anything as long as it's positive!

Welcome to your world as a Fan Boy......