Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-10.5) @ NY Jets (12-21-14) (Merge)

oldunclemark

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it clearly was when the refs reviewed the play over & over again in slow-motion and confirmed that it was in fact, a first down. Everyone laughed when I kept saying that I was nervous about this game, and this is exactly why.  The Jets just spend more time preparing and play with that Super Bowl type mentality whenever its against the Pats.

Its been that way for years and years... always seems to come down to the wire with a lot of big plays, penalties etc deciding the game.

They definitely had the good penetration defense for the pocket QB. It wasn't until Josh finally went fast offense and got the ball out of Brady's hands quicker. I thought they would have done that opening the first half but they didn't.

Oh well that one fast drive was the difference ;)

Yes, it clearly was when the refs reviewed the play over & over again in slow-motion and confirmed that it was in fact, a first down. Everyone laughed when I kept saying that I was nervous about this game, and this is exactly why.  The Jets just spend more time preparing and play with that Super Bowl type mentality whenever its against the Pats.

Its been that way for years and years... always seems to come down to the wire with a lot of big plays, penalties etc deciding the game.

An Eye examine needs to be in your future. You could see clear as a bell that the ball was on the inside of the stick. Even the chain gang knew it was 4th down. But you're a Pats fan, I don't expect you to see it any other way. What's been that way for years & years is how the Pats continue to get calls go their way. Enjoy the prosperity while you can.

An Eye examine needs to be in your future. You could see clear as a bell that the ball was on the inside of the stick. Even the chain gang knew it was 4th down. But you're a Pats fan, I don't expect you to see it any other way. What's been that way for years & years is how the Pats continue to get calls go their way. Enjoy the prosperity while you can.

And your eyeball was on the field?  The stick doesn't have to be the final call. Challenges have gone against the stick either way many times. Get over the stick :)

And your eyeball was on the field?  The stick doesn't have to be the final call. Challenges have gone against the stick either way many times. Get over the stick :)

I don't understand what you mean by the above. If the "stick" didn't measure to a first down then the PATS could challenge and it wouldn't matter as you say. But the Jets challenged , so I fail to see what your trying to say here.

Didn't see the game, did he make a bunch of ST plays? He only had 63 receiving yards. 

Yes, he had a big kickoff early to set up the Pats first Td and the another before half that was negated by a penalty. He was good offensively as well. Had a few key grabs especially on the last drive to seal the game. I was happy for him. Solid all day long.

I don't understand what you mean by the above. If the "stick" didn't measure to a first down then the PATS could challenge and it wouldn't matter as you say. But the Jets challenged , so I fail to see what your trying to say here.

We need to find out if the stick is the final rule. And also what is a first down? I thought if the tip of the ball touches the pole than it is a first down. When the measured there seemed to be a space between tip of ball and the pole but no chain link. Not sure if that is a first down by rule.

I was saying if they ruled short we could have challenged if we felt it was worth it. Or 4th and an inch and go for it. Or punt with 4 min left and hold. ie the outcome alone was not dependent on it, tho it made it easier.

I was saying if they ruled short we could have challenged if we felt it was worth it. Or 4th and an inch and go for it. Or punt with 4 min left and hold. ie the outcome alone was not dependent on it, tho it made it easier.

Yeah . that's what I said . Not for nothing but your post had nothing to due with the apparent strange ruling. Of coarse the Pats could have challenged but I really don't see your point. They would look at the yardline needed to gain and rule accordingly. 

MVP Brady should have blown out the lowly Jets.

We got their best game ... again. Oline sprung leaks everywhere today and Brady was off. D and STs were huge which they will need to be for the Pats to make a run at the ring. An ugly win but I will take it. Bye, bye Rex. He can now officially kiss the rings. lol.

Yeah . that's what I said . Not for nothing but your post had nothing to due with the apparent strange ruling. Of coarse the Pats could have challenged but I really don't see your point. They would look at the yardline needed to gain and rule accordingly. 

yeah confusing at best. Ah well I don't tend to get up on calls bad or good. Can't do anything about so move on and try to win.

I would have liked to see if BB would go for it if no 1st dn. I know most would say he would knowing BB but I'm not too sure of that. Punt deep and hold. Its not like we don't have a defense and had to stop a Manning type QB.... like the colts 4th and 2 :)

yeah confusing at best. Ah well I don't tend to get up on calls bad or good. Can't do anything about so move on and try to win.

I would have liked to see if BB would go for it if no 1st dn. I know most would say he would knowing BB but I'm not too sure of that. Punt deep and hold. Its not like we don't have a defense and had to stop a Manning type QB.... like the colts 4th and 2 :)

Ahhh ... Jets weren't winning anyway

Yes, he had a big kickoff early to set up the Pats first Td and the another before half that was negated by a penalty. He was good offensively as well. Had a few key grabs especially on the last drive to seal the game. I was happy for him. Solid all day long.

And did you see BB smile and shake his hand when he was coming off the field. That's the 2nd time he's done it.

Not even Brady gets that lol. Word is Bill knows he gets a rap and Bill is personally invested with him with the trade. I think its cool.

And did you see BB smile and shake his hand when he was coming off the field. That's the 2nd time he's done it.

Not even Brady gets that lol. Word is Bill knows he gets a rap and Bill is personally invested with him with the trade. I think its cool.

Yeah. It was pretty cool. I was happy for him. I really don't think he is that bad at all but Edelman is just better so he lost his job to him going back to last season.

We got their best game ... again. Oline sprung leaks everywhere today and Brady was off. D and STs were huge which they will need to be for the Pats to make a run at the ring. An ugly win but I will take it. Bye, bye Rex. He can now officially kiss the rings. lol.

My point was Brady isn't the MVP.

Wow. What a game from Danny today. Did not know he had it in him. He was the difference all day on offense and STs.

Think he will finally become more of a difference maker from now on or was this just an anomaly?

I haven't really watched the Pats but from what I've heard he's been a disappointment

He was in because Edemen was out

As you probably know he was brought in to replace Welker. He looked good at first then the injury bug and wasn't making plays afterwards. Then Edlemen was doing so well he became the main slot guy.

BB has a lot of capital invested in him so..he's still here and starting to look like what we expected.