Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-10.5) @ NY Jets (12-21-14) (Merge)

oldunclemark

getting paid like 10 million a year to play special teams.

well done

And what's your point? that every dime spent must yield a 100%?

Like Trent R? Or a hundreds of other players on teams?

If it was all perfect might as well hire anyone.

What about some of the greater players had cheap. That's what business is all about and you gamble and win some and lose some.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what's your point? that every dime spent must yield a 100%?

Like Trent R? Or a hundreds of other players on teams?

If it was all perfect might as well hire anyone.

What about some of the greater players had cheap. That's what business is all about and you gamble and win some and lose some.

The point is, the guy's career has been riddled with injuries and they knew that and they still overpaid. That's the point.

What I think is Brady has every bit as good of a supporting cast as any qb in the league. Gronk, Edelman, lafell, wright, amendola, Blount, and grey, really good OL. That is a pretty stud team. Perhaps only Denver has an offense to rival that one when it's healthy. This is the team NE had in mind in the offseason and it's legit!

Think he will finally become more of a difference maker from now on or was this just an anomaly?

I haven't really watched the Pats but from what I've heard he's been a disappointment

He might. I think his performance may give the coaches pause to try to find a package of plays for him. The issue is he plays the same position as Edeman who was out vs the Jets. And this seasons the Pats have gone two TE a lot and not three WRs so he has not gotten a lot of snaps. I am interested to see how the O may morph going forward with his performance yesterday.

CBS - 1 p.m. EST......40 degrees...no rain.. over-under - 47

Patriots clinch a first round bye with a win.

Pats (11-3) are 4-3 on the road but the Jets are 3-11 everywhere

Tom Brady (342 of 531, 3,847, 32 TDs, 8 INTs) needs 153 yards for 4,000

Jets QB Geno Smith has 9 TDs and 12 INTs

Jets allow just 87 yards rushing per game but it may not matter because the Pats could soon have three 1,000-yard receivers in Rob Gronkowski (76 catches, 1,093), Julian Edelman (92 catches, 972 yards) and Brandon LaFell (63 catches, 819 yards)

....Jets are superbad offensively. They average just 4.8 yards per play....just 255 first downs in 14 games (Pats have 208 passing first downs) and just 22 offensive touchdowns all year.

Pats clinch the No.1 seed in the AFC if they beat he Jets and Denver (11-3) loses Monday night at Cincinnatti (9-4-1)

So now do you know why I feared the lowly Jets? ;)   Remember our threads from before on why I was more worried about the divisional games to end the season with the Jets being the most worrisome given it was on the road and the fact that Rex knows how to defensively scheme the Pats O like no one else.

Outside of the Pats losses, both Jets games were the toughest games all season for the Pats with both coming down to the last play. I am happy Rex will move on. I just hope he does not become either a HC or DC for any teams in the AFC East or go to the Colts. :)

These Jets games are always close, and always seem to involve some controversy.

On the Amendola first down, I thought replay showed that they clearly gave him a bad spot (about a full yard shy), making it a lot closer than it should have been. I think the measurement they showed on TV was probably at a bit of an angle, which was deceiving to viewers. Making a "bad call" in real time is one thing; favoring a team by giving them a nonexistent first down is another. Of course the conspiracy theorists jump all over this, since it's the Patriots we're talking about.  :highfive2:

Just offhand, what part of the chains does the ball have to cross? Is it the orange link or is it the actual stick itself?  

Throw away any Pats/Jets games as far as analysis goes. After the game, Ryan said that they give Brady the toughest time, even if he won't admit it, and I agree. They just know the Patriots and Brady so well and have the bodies to pull off the gameplan. As bad as their record is, that team can play some D, especially up front.

In the end a win is a win, and I'll enjoy watching the Denver-Cincy game tonight to see if they can catch their breath next week. If not, so be it... bring on the Bills. Can't let up now!

He was OK but yesterday showed that if the Patriots lose Edelman for any reason, they're completely screwed. If the Jets had an NFL offense the Patriots would have gotten killed. They need Edelman for these teams that generate a quick, explosive pass rush. No one gets open faster and has the same kind of connection with Brady. I think yesterday's game really spoke to Edelman's value and what he means to them. 

He was OK but yesterday showed that if the Patriots lose Edelman for any reason, they're completely screwed. If the Jets had an NFL offense the Patriots would have gotten killed. They need Edelman for these teams that generate a quick, explosive pass rush. No one gets open faster and has the same kind of connection with Brady. I think yesterday's game really spoke to Edelman's value and what he means to them. 

I don't know about that. To be honest, I thought the game plan was AWFUL. Why on earth they thought they could go deep and wait for receivers to pop open against that front was a ridiculous game plan and Josh should be taken to task. I think it was maybe mid-third quarter when they finally went to the hurry up and brought in Vareen and did some draws, short passes to him and the rest of the receiving corp and capped it with a TD at the end. And then inexplicably they did not go back to Vareen. They put in Gray and then Bolidin. That might have been the worst game plan all season from Josh.

I really don't think Edelman would have done more than Amendola with that game plan and Amedola was huge in the kick game which set up the first TD and gave us good field position repeatedly on punts and kickoffs.

And how about the defensive game plan for more than half the game? No dialed up blitzes vs awful Geno? They let him sit there possession after possession to the point that the announcers actually said we were seeing Geno mature before eyes. Good grief.

It was a horrible coaching day all around on both sides. I don't know why Bill is not more aggressive against the Jets. It is mind boggling.

I don't know about that. To be honest, I thought the game plan was AWFUL. Why on earth they thought they could go deep and wait for receivers to pop open against that front was a ridiculous game plan and Josh should be taken to task. I think it was maybe mid-third quarter when they finally went to the hurry up and brought in Vareen and did some draws, short passes to him and the rest of the receiving corp and capped it with a TD at the end. And then inexplicably they did not go back to Vareen. They put in Gray and then Bolidin. That might have been the worst game plan all season from Josh.

I really don't think Edelman would have done more than Amendola with that game plan and Amedola was huge in the kick game which set up the first TD and gave us good field position repeatedly on punts and kickoffs.

And how about the defensive game plan for more than half the game? No dialed up blitzes vs awful Geno? They let him sit there possession after possession to the point that the announcers actually said we were seeing Geno mature before eyes. Good grief.

It was a horrible coaching day all around on both sides. I don't know why Bill is not more aggressive against the Jets. It is mind boggling.

I guess I just see the drop-off from Edelman to Amendola as being pretty steep. Jules gets open faster, is better getting yards after the catch, and overall seems to have better hands. 

We always seem to bring out the best in Geno Smith! Don't know why that is. The only reason he threw that pick is because Chandler Jones got to him right as he was letting it go. 

I guess I just see the drop-off from Edelman to Amendola as being pretty steep. Jules gets open faster, is better getting yards after the catch, and overall seems to have better hands. 

We always seem to bring out the best in Geno Smith! Don't know why that is. The only reason he threw that pick is because Chandler Jones got to him right as he was letting it go. 

Me either. It is infuriating the way we play basically the worst QB in the league.

I will say this though. That defensive stop after the Brady pick. In particular the sack by Hightower making it a 52 yard FG instead of 42 and then the block by Vince was a HUGE sequence. We will need that in the playoffs to win. That was reminiscence of the champ years where the defense would make THE play to win to seal the game and of course then the Pats O get three first downs to run out the clock.

We need Edelman, no question but I was encouraged by Amendola if we have to go to him. He was dialed in yesterday.

We got their best game ... again. Oline sprung leaks everywhere today and Brady was off. D and STs were huge which they will need to be for the Pats to make a run at the ring. An ugly win but I will take it. Bye, bye Rex. He can now officially kiss the rings. lol.

The only silver lining other than the win is that at least the Pats oline gets to experience and play aagainst 2 fantastic defensive lines in a row to head into the playoffs.

There aren't any teams besides maybe the Lions and Bills that have enough talent on the D line to do what the Jets did.. it will only get easier from here on out for them, especially when Connolly is back healthy

I do agree with you AM on Josh. You have to get the ball out of Brady's hands quick with that kind of defense.

I will remind the old saying by Jimmy Johnson which has always stuck with me. Win 2 of the 3 phases of the game.

We won with the D & ST . That's 2 for the win :)

I do agree with you AM on Josh. You have to get the ball out of Brady's hands quick with that kind of defense.

I will remind the old saying by Jimmy Johnson which has always stuck with me. Win 2 of the 3 phases of the game.

We won with the D & ST . That's 2 for the win :)

I don't understand why they didn't just do what they did to Detroit who has similar front. Just pass short and methodically take them apart. I do wonder if Josh thought Brady could beat their corners deep as their CBs are the weakest part of the secondary. They had some luck with that the first time with Vareen getting open deep down the sideline.

I don't understand why they didn't just do what they did to Detroit who has similar front. Just pass short and methodically take them apart. I do wonder if Josh thought Brady could beat their corners deep as their CBs are the weakest part of the secondary. They had some luck with that the first time with Vareen getting open deep down the sideline.

Good point. Shouldn't have taken him that long to figure it wasn't working tho.

A few questions:

1) If Brady is not your MVP then who is?

2) Are you saying who a team plays (good and bad) and how well they play against a respective team is relevant to the MVP race?

To me, Brady isn't even the OPOY let alone MVP. Yes recently OPOY has somewhat morphed into the loser trophy. So yes, maybe in that respect he would be OPOY if it was between two quarterbacks, but it's not.

As for who I really think the MVP is, it's JJ sWatt. In respects to each others position JJ is by far out playing Aaron, Tom, and Peyton. Or anyone else for that matter.

As for the criteria some like to wrongly believe MVP is for the player most valuable to their team it's still JJ. Which I don't know where that idea came from. He is easily the best player for his team, and most valuable. He might not have control of an offense like a QB, but he has that defense buzzing. And a quarterback doesn't control a defense.

And the aspect where he has to be on a winning team. Well it's week 17 and the Texans are fighting for a playoff spot.

A side note, most of my witty comments are usually directed towards AM.

To me, Brady isn't even the OPOY let alone MVP. Yes recently OPOY has somewhat morphed into the loser trophy. So yes, maybe in that respect he would be OPOY if it was between two quarterbacks, but it's not.

As for who I really think the MVP is, it's JJ sWatt. In respects to each others position JJ is by far out playing Aaron, Tom, and Peyton. Or anyone else for that matter.

As for the criteria some like to wrongly believe MVP is for the player most valuable to their team it's still JJ. Which I don't know where that idea came from. He is easily the best player for his team, and most valuable. He might not have control of an offense like a QB, but he has that defense buzzing. And a quarterback doesn't control a defense.

And the aspect where he has to be on a winning team. Well it's week 17 and the Texans are fighting for a playoff spot.

They did a segment on ESPN I think on the last two defensive MVPs which were Alan Page in 1971 in Lawrence Taylor in 1986. They said Watt's performance this year blows away both of them in their MVP years. I don't remember all the stats they cited but Watt is having a historic season that even trumps their seasons. I hate this idea that an MVP can only come from a playoff team. To me it is a no brainer. It is Watt. I don't think he should be penalized because Houston has had lousy QBs. Now, that being said, Houston still has a slim chance to make the post season. So maybe they do somehow get in and gets the MVP. If I had a vote, he would get mine.

Now if it comes down to Brady and Rodgers, I am going with Brady especially if GB ends up being a wild card team and the Pats finish with the best record in football. Brady has faced a much tougher scheduled and won many of those games in blow outs whereas Rodgers has not. I still think Rodgers is probably going to get it but I believe it is Brady based on performance, strength of schedule, strength of victory, and win/loss record.

Yah I would not mind seeing Watt get some MVP love and it would be nice to see a defensive player get some love in the MVP . . . at some point it should not be totally an offensive player award, but I guess it is easier for voters to get their hands around then numbers of an offensive player.   Interesting there is an argument that JJ contribution in 2012 was more significant with his personal numbers and helping the team win the division, but alas he did not get much love at all and it was another race among offensive players.

I do agree with you do not necessarily have to be on a playoff team, but it can be a real tough sell as some of the value one adds is helping his team win.  True if one is on the 1970s Buccaneers, one can do only so much and if he is head and shoulders above the rest in the NFL it might show through, but its a tough sell.  I do know that Dick Butkus won the DPOY in '69 when the Bears went 1-13, so its possible. 

Yah I just hopped on your comment as I agreed with you in regards to your comments as to Brady's and Pats performance against the Jets as not being as good as it should or could have been even though the jets always gives us fits.  Surely one must look at the competition and see how players perform against teams the get an idea of their performance over the 16 games.  Did they do well against teams that have a weak secondary or just average and so on.

I think what gets lost in the NFL as opposed to other sports, is that it is only a 16 game season.  And by having only 16 games (6 of which are against only 3 of the 31 other teams), one will get a weighed stat that needs to be qualified.  For the most part teams play all teams in other sports so is mostly balanced on who one plays, but in the NFL a team could have an easy schedule, put up Star Wars numbers and look great.

With that said, and like you jet comment, one needs to look at the game played and see how the candidate performed and weigh the same.  Surely this might be tough for many voters and fans, and perhaps is as difficult for the same who can not get a handle of a defensive player contribution, as you indicated.

I would love to see Watt get some MVP love, but if he does not get the MVP and the voters go with an offensive player and do not pick say Murray, my vote would be with Brady (he is my vote regardless).  For the same reason as AM mentioned in her last post and posts that I have made on this board and will not repeat,  Brady, unlike some like Rodgers, has faced stiffer completion and performed better against them than the Packers or any other team. 

The pats are sitting at the best record in the NFL, have HFA locked up with a game to play, scored the most points in the NFL, beat all of the AFC division leaders by 21+ each with two away games, and further have faced 10 teams with winning records (and are 7-3 against them), The packers have played 10 games against teams with 6 or fewer wins and have only played 6 games against teams with winning records and are 3-3 against them with the three wins being by 5 points (NE), 3 points (MIA) and 23 points (phila).  I will further qualify the Philly win as they played against Sanchez at QB and although the eagles are 9-6 overall they are 3-4 with Sanchez. . . leaving just the 5 point win against NE and 3 point win against Mia the only two wins against winning teams that were fully constituted when played.   And in light of Brady's performance against the Jets this weekend, one can look at Rodgers and the Packers and see what they could of done more than they did.

So for me, if we view Brady's entire season in the context of how did you do against who you played as compared to what others should have done, I take Brady. 

But if Watt gets it, or perhaps Romo or Murray so be it . . .

PS Yes I understand your point about comments to other posters . . . :D  . . . I came late to the party and was not sure the flow of the thread so I do not know where the comment was coming from . . . but it was goodie I would say . . .

Another thing to keep in mind with the performance against the Jets as far as context is that Brady has very limited weapons in his offense and was missing his must reliable and veteran weapon in Edelman, as well as their most veteran offensive lineman in Connolly against a fierce Jets defensive line that had 4 sacks in the first half.

You can see the impact to other QBS when they lose key pieces around them as well, especially against a divisional rival.

Look at Manning's offense when J Thomas is banged up, he still has 3 other elite weapons in Welker, Sanders and D Thomas, as well as a very talented young RB in Anderson and they struggle at times, granted my theory is that he has some injury that just isn't being shared with the public (which is smart of them)

Obviously I have bias in this, and hey I'd have no problem with a defensive guy getting some props with an MVP... but think back to the start of the year how the Patriots didn't have any real weapons other than a slowly healing Gronk and a reliable possession guy in Edelman.. They traded their best offensive lineman to Tampa, you had national media and fans proclaiming the Patriots finished, that this was their demise and that Brady would be traded and thus would begin the Garropalo era...

Brady responded by having the #1 offense in the NFL, winning more games than any other team in the NFL and beat stiff competition all year long, including every single AFC division leader and beat them convincingly by 21+ points, some of which were on the road.

Common now, even the people who dislike Brady and the Patriots have to give him at least a LITTLE love and/or respect for pulling that off.

Just a little?

Another thing to keep in mind with the performance against the Jets as far as context is that Brady has very limited weapons in his offense and was missing his must reliable and veteran weapon in Edelman.

I'd say his best weapon is Gronk, but Edelman is certainly no slouch. Edelman is a versatile guy, too playing special teams and whatnot.

I'd say his best weapon is Gronk, but Edelman is certainly no slouch. Edelman is a versatile guy, too playing special teams and whatnot.

Yea I mean I think Gronk is his most impactful weapon but Edelman is his most reliable one. He's extremely intelligent and Brady can count on him being exactly where he expects him to be, ala Wes Welker

The Jets were completely dominating up front so the Pats had to switch to 3 step drop, quick "dink and dunk" passes to counter the rush, and that's where an elite slot guy like Welker or Edelman shine

They did a segment on ESPN I think on the last two defensive MVPs which were Alan Page in 1971 in Lawrence Taylor in 1986. They said Watt's performance this year blows away both of them in their MVP years. I don't remember all the stats they cited but Watt is having a historic season that even trumps their seasons. I hate this idea that an MVP can only come from a playoff team. To me it is a no brainer. It is Watt. I don't think he should be penalized because Houston has had lousy QBs. Now, that being said, Houston still has a slim chance to make the post season. So maybe they do somehow get in and gets the MVP. If I had a vote, he would get mine.

Now if it comes down to Brady and Rodgers, I am going with Brady especially if GB ends up being a wild card team and the Pats finish with the best record in football. Brady has faced a much tougher scheduled and won many of those games in blow outs whereas Rodgers has not. I still think Rodgers is probably going to get it but I believe it is Brady based on performance, strength of schedule, strength of victory, and win/loss record.

Brady has a better team around him than Rodgers.

Brady has a better team around him than Rodgers.

Not on offense. He has a great weapon in Gronk, but Cobbs is better than Edelman and Jordy Nelson is an elite, top 5 WR. He also has Eddie Lacy who's a young stud at RB.

Green Bay has a lot of talent on defense too in their front 7, but the Pats secondary is much better.

Not on offense. He has a great weapon in Gronk, but Cobbs is better than Edelman and Jordy Nelson is an elite, top 5 WR. He also has Eddie Lacy who's a young stud at RB.

Green Bay has a lot of talent on defense too in their front 7, but the Pats secondary is much better.

Pats defense, special teams are better than GB.

GB OL is not very good.

Edelman and Gronk can easily match Cobb and Nelson.

Pats almost become one dimensional when they lose just one WR or TE.  They are thin at WR.  Of course that's partly due to the Pats organization not knowing how to properly draft WR's or not wanting to.  They passed up Dez Bryant in the draft.  They cut Thompkins and got nothing for him.  Pats also had opportunities to get Larry Fitzgerald or Vincent Jackson in free agency or in trades.

Part of me thinks either Belichick doesn't want another superstar WR on his team after dealing with Moss and Chad Johnson, or maybe Brady doesn't want one and isn't comfortable throwing down field to them.

This offense can't get WR's involved.  They couldn't get Chad Johnson involved, nor Dobson or Thompkins or Tyms.  I think Brady is partly responsible and will purposely avoid throwing to WR's he has a grudge against or doesn't trust.  I think he gives up on WR's too much too soon and has too much say in who gets the ball and who doesn't.

But nothing is Brady's fault according to some here.

Pats almost become one dimensional when they lose just one WR or TE.  They are thin at WR.  Of course that's partly due to the Pats organization not knowing how to properly draft WR's or not wanting to.  They passed up Dez Bryant in the draft.  They cut Thompkins and got nothing for him.  Pats also had opportunities to get Larry Fitzgerald or Vincent Jackson in free agency or in trades.

Part of me thinks either Belichick doesn't want another superstar WR on his team after dealing with Moss and Chad Johnson, or maybe Brady doesn't want one and isn't comfortable throwing down field to them.

This offense can't get WR's involved.  They couldn't get Chad Johnson involved, nor Dobson or Thompkins or Tyms.  I think Brady is partly responsible and will purposely avoid throwing to WR's he has a grudge against or doesn't trust.  I think he gives up on WR's too much too soon and has too much say in who gets the ball and who doesn't.

But nothing is Brady's fault according to some here.

Oh mercy -where to start.

BB doesn't want the cap hit of a big WR because he spends that cap elsewhere- especially defense- go figure.

Chad and Tyms couldn't do the job -BB gave them a shot. Dobson and Thompkins let go because they have better on the roster

BB doesn't value the WR as much as others do- he knows he's got a good QB who can throw to most anyone.

Brady has a grudge against WRs?  Ok- I can't even think of a response to that silliness.

A lot of superstar WRs get their share and make good catches but they don't single handily win games.

NE has the first seed at 12-3 and you're saying what??????????

Just LOL is all one can say about that post. Sorry.

BB doesn't want the cap hit of a big WR because he spends that cap elsewhere- especially defense- go figure.

Chad and Tyms couldn't do the job -BB gave them a shot. Dobson and Thompkins let go because they have better on the roster

BB doesn't value the WR as much as others do- he knows he's got a good QB who can throw to most anyone.

Brady has a grudge against WRs?  Ok- I can't even think of a response to that silliness.

A lot of superstar WRs get their share and make good catches but they don't single handily win games.

I think Belichick's preference is to have a higher average salary than to spend big on one or two superstars.  That has paid off when injuries strike.

Having said that, I hope BB's philosophy holds true and he passes on Revis for 2015 because of the tremendous cap hit.  Revis Island could look nice in Lucas Oil Stadium!

I think Belichick's preference is to have a higher average salary than to spend big on one or two superstars.  That has paid off when injuries strike.

Having said that, I hope BB's philosophy holds true and he passes on Revis for 2015 because of the tremendous cap hit.  Revis Island could look nice in Lucas Oil Stadium!

Pats most likely are working on a long term deal with Revis.  They can afford a $14.5 mil a year, 5 year deal for Revis.  $14 mil is around what top CB's are getting now like Sherman.

Pats have no problem making players the highest paid players in the NFL at their position like they did with Mankins and Gostkowski, get what they can out of them and trade them.

For a fun exercise, I'll list all the teams and whether or not they would swap skill position players with the Patriots or not.

I'll exclude TE because the Pats have the best there without question.

Miami

WR - no.. Wallace, Landry and Hartline are better

RB - no assuming Knowshon is healthy.. miller and him are better

Jets

WR - Ill say yes, but its close. Decker is better than Lafell, but Kerley isn't as good as edelman

RB - No, Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory are better than the journeymen the Pats have with the exception of Vereen

Bills

WR - no way, Sammy Watkins is the real deal and is better than Lafell as a rookie

RB - no way, CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson are a solid tandem

Colts

WR - no way, Wayne and hilton are elite, with a young moncrief in the wings

RB - a wash..

Texans

WR - no way, Andre and Hopkins... both great

RB - no way, Arian foster is elite

Jaguars

WR - yea, but if Blackmon stayed out of trouble their WR group would be better

RB - yea, they have journeymen

Titans

WR - yea, titans have no one of merit

RB - yea, sankey is average (this team is god awful)

Steelers

WR - no way, Antonio brown is elite and Bryant is solid

RB - no way, Bell is arguably the best back in the league

Bengals

WR - no way, AJ Green and Sanu.. elite and gooD to great

RB - no way, Hill and Bernard make one of the most potent backfield tandems in the league

Browns

WR - no, Josh Gordon is elite, they just need steady QB play

RB - wash.. Crowell and tate are serviceable

Ravens

WR - no, Steve smith, Torrey smith and jacoby are better

RB - no, forsett has been balling and is better than anyone on Pats

Broncos

WR - lol no, the most loaded WR core in the NFL for stat padding Manning

RB - no way, CJ Anderson has been beast, with Hillman and Ball as backups

Chiefs

WR - wash.. Bowe is better than Lafell but they don't have a slot guy

RB - lol, Jamaal Charles

Chargers

WR - no, Allen is elite, floyd is solid (gates is hall of famer)

RB - when healthy, no. Mathews, Woodhead and Oliver are solI'd

Raiders

Lol.. this team is bad. . Of course they would trade. Next.

NFC

Cardinals

WR nope, Fitzgerald is elite, floyd is good

RB - Ellington was very good this year, but I could call this a wash

49ers

WR - no.. boldin, Crabtree and Johnson are a great tandem

RB - nope, gore and Hyde

Rams

WR - Ill say yea for now, but if they had a real QB Austin and Britt would do some dmg

RB - no way, Tre mason Is a great young back, Cunningham is solid 3rd down, anD in not sure what happened to Zac Stacy but he averaged over 6 yards a carry last year (won me my fantasy SB) and he's their THIRD string now

Seahawks

WR - yea, now that Harvin and tate are gone, they don't have much here

RB - Marshawn lynch.......

Atlanta

WR - no, Julio Jones and Roddy white.

RB - wash.. maybe yes.. Steve Jackson and Rodgers are average

New Orleans

WR - nope, colston and cooks are solid (graham is basically a WR too)

RB - nope. . Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas are good

Carolina

WR - no, Kelvin Benjamin is the real deal and is better than Lafell as a rookie, even with no other weapons around to draw coverage

RB - no, stewart and Williams are a good duo

Tampa

WR - no way, Vincent Jackson and Lee Evans

RB - maybe yea, Doug Martin hasn't been the same since his rookie year anD Rainey is a 3rd down guy

Dallas

WR - no lol, Dez Bryant is elit

RB - lol.. murray......

Giants

WR - nope, OBJ and Victor Cruz

RB - wash.. Andre Williams is good when healthy

Eagless

WR - no, Jordan Mathews is a great rookie, paired with DeSean Jackson

RB - lol no, LeSean McCoy and Sproles

Redskins

WR - yea, outside of Garcon they don't have anyone

RB - no, Alfred Morris is better than anyone on Pats

Green bay

WR - no.. Jordy Nelson and Cobb

RB - no.. Eddie Lacy

Chicago

WR - no, Marshall and Jeffrey are elite

RB - no, Forte is elite

Vikings

WR - yea, Patterson appears to be a bust and Jennings is up there in age

RB - no, Adrian peterson, Asiana and McKinnon are solid

Lions

WR - lol no. . Johnson and tate...

RB - no. . Reggie Bush and bell are solid

So there you have it, feel free to disagree on a few, but quite a lot of them are obvious

yeah- he's addicted to the "good 53 men" roster. It has it's drawbacks but the team has been competitive for what 14 years.

Don't hold your breath to get Revis- he may swallow that cap.:)

Sure like making Mankins the highest paid Guard in the NFL and Gostkowski the highest paid kicker in the NFL.

Brady clearly has a grudge against WR's like he did with Thompkins, Dobson and Tyms.

Tyms isn't better than Dobson or Thompkins.

And if Lafell gets injured they got no true WR.  lol @ plugging Tyms in there.

I think Belichick's preference is to have a higher average salary than to spend big on one or two superstars. That has paid off when injuries strike.

Having said that, I hope BB's philosophy holds true and he passes on Revis for 2015 because of the tremendous cap hit. Revis Island could look nice in Lucas Oil Stadium!

This idea that he won't pay super stars is a myth..

- TY law got paid as highest defender in league

- Richard Seymour was highest paid in league (defender

- matt light got paid top tackle money

- Wilfork was highest paid for his position st one point and is still making serious money at 7 or 8 mill a year

- Brady has been a top paid QB for a lonG time

- adalius Thomas was highly paid (and that backfired)

- Moss was highly paid

- Corey Dillon was highly paid

- Mayo has been highly paid

- Ocho Cinco was highly paid (and that backfired (

- Wes Welker was franchused

- Adam V was paid as a top kicker for a long time

- Revis is being paid top money

- Gronk got top TE money

- Aaron hernandez got top TE moneY (ouch..)

- Vollmer got top RT money

- Mankins was highest paid

And I bet mccourty, chandler jones and Hightower all get nice money.

The Patriots just try to be smart with who they give top contracts to, because if you screw up it can set you back years

It was amusing the first 4 games of the season when Brady was pouting how he'd throw the worst passes to Dobson and Thompkins like a brat.  He'd only throw to Edelman and Gronk the first 4 games of the season.  I guess he didn't like using Jimmy G's and McDaniels' pre-season offense where Jimmy was hooking up with Tyms left and right.

This idea that he won't pay super stars is a myth..

- TY law got paid as highest defender in league

- Richard Seymour was highest paid in league (defender

- matt light got paid top tackle money

- Wilfork was highest paid for his position st one point and is still making serious money at 7 or 8 mill a year

- Brady has been a top paid QB for a lonG time

- adalius Thomas was highly paid (and that backfired)

- Moss was highly paid

- Corey Dillon was highly paid

- Mayo has been highly paid

- Ocho Cinco was highly paid (and that backfired (

- Wes Welker was franchused

- Adam V was paid as a top kicker for a long time

- Revis is being paid top money

- Gronk got top TE money

- Aaron hernandez got top TE moneY (ouch..)

- Vollmer got top RT money

- Mankins was highest paid

And I bet mccourty, chandler jones and Hightower all get nice money.

The Patriots just try to be smart with who they give top contracts to, because if you screw up it can set you back years

And they BETTER give a long term deal to Revis.

Sherman signed a four-year $57.4 million contract extension, then a record for cornerbacks.  That's around $14 mil a year.  Pats can afford that.

My biggest fear with Kraft is he'll insult Revis trying to low ball him with a low offer with his initial offer sort of like what the Red Sox did with John Lester.  And I hope it doesn't get personal and public like what happened with Welker.

Revis isn't a company guy.  This is his 3rd team.  You treat Revis with respect during negotiations.  He can spot a rat.

Pats defense, special teams are better than GB.

GB OL is not very good.

Edelman and Gronk can easily match Cobb and Nelson.

you don't mean the guy that could not find a job last off season and ended up signing with the pats do you? . . . if he is that good why did he not get signed.   Hey didn't Blount clear waivers too while we are at it. 

I love Edelman but lets not drag out the ole "he has a better team around him" excuse again.  Please it gets old and one looses credibility.  

For a fun exercise, I'll list all the teams and whether or not they would swap skill position players with the Patriots or not.

I'll exclude TE because the Pats have the best there without question.

Miami

WR - no.. Wallace, Landry and Hartline are better

RB - no assuming Knowshon is healthy.. miller and him are better

Jets

WR - Ill say yes, but its close. Decker is better than Lafell, but Kerley isn't as good as edelman

RB - No, Chris Johnson and Chris Ivory are better than the journeymen the Pats have with the exception of Vereen

Bills

WR - no way, Sammy Watkins is the real deal and is better than Lafell as a rookie

RB - no way, CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson are a solid tandem

Colts

WR - no way, Wayne and hilton are elite, with a young moncrief in the wings

RB - a wash..

Texans

WR - no way, Andre and Hopkins... both great

RB - no way, Arian foster is elite

Jaguars

WR - yea, but if Blackmon stayed out of trouble their WR group would be better

RB - yea, they have journeymen

Titans

WR - yea, titans have no one of merit

RB - yea, sankey is average (this team is god awful)

Steelers

WR - no way, Antonio brown is elite and Bryant is solid

RB - no way, Bell is arguably the best back in the league

Bengals

WR - no way, AJ Green and Sanu.. elite and gooD to great

RB - no way, Hill and Bernard make one of the most potent backfield tandems in the league

Browns

WR - no, Josh Gordon is elite, they just need steady QB play

RB - wash.. Crowell and tate are serviceable

Ravens

WR - no, Steve smith, Torrey smith and jacoby are better

RB - no, forsett has been balling and is better than anyone on Pats

Broncos

WR - lol no, the most loaded WR core in the NFL for stat padding Manning

RB - no way, CJ Anderson has been beast, with Hillman and Ball as backups

Chiefs

WR - wash.. Bowe is better than Lafell but they don't have a slot guy

RB - lol, Jamaal Charles

Chargers

WR - no, Allen is elite, floyd is solid (gates is hall of famer)

RB - when healthy, no. Mathews, Woodhead and Oliver are solI'd

Raiders

Lol.. this team is bad. . Of course they would trade. Next.

NFC

Cardinals

WR nope, Fitzgerald is elite, floyd is good

RB - Ellington was very good this year, but I could call this a wash

49ers

WR - no.. boldin, Crabtree and Johnson are a great tandem

RB - nope, gore and Hyde

Rams

WR - Ill say yea for now, but if they had a real QB Austin and Britt would do some dmg

RB - no way, Tre mason Is a great young back, Cunningham is solid 3rd down, anD in not sure what happened to Zac Stacy but he averaged over 6 yards a carry last year (won me my fantasy SB) and he's their THIRD string now

Seahawks

WR - yea, now that Harvin and tate are gone, they don't have much here

RB - Marshawn lynch.......

Atlanta

WR - no, Julio Jones and Roddy white.

RB - wash.. maybe yes.. Steve Jackson and Rodgers are average

New Orleans

WR - nope, colston and cooks are solid (graham is basically a WR too)

RB - nope. . Mark Ingram and Pierre Thomas are good

Carolina

WR - no, Kelvin Benjamin is the real deal and is better than Lafell as a rookie, even with no other weapons around to draw coverage

RB - no, stewart and Williams are a good duo

Tampa

WR - no way, Vincent Jackson and Lee Evans

RB - maybe yea, Doug Martin hasn't been the same since his rookie year anD Rainey is a 3rd down guy

Dallas

WR - no lol, Dez Bryant is elit

RB - lol.. murray......

Giants

WR - nope, OBJ and Victor Cruz

RB - wash.. Andre Williams is good when healthy

Eagless

WR - no, Jordan Mathews is a great rookie, paired with DeSean Jackson

RB - lol no, LeSean McCoy and Sproles

Redskins

WR - yea, outside of Garcon they don't have anyone

RB - no, Alfred Morris is better than anyone on Pats

Green bay

WR - no.. Jordy Nelson and Cobb

RB - no.. Eddie Lacy

Chicago

WR - no, Marshall and Jeffrey are elite

RB - no, Forte is elite

Vikings

WR - yea, Patterson appears to be a bust and Jennings is up there in age

RB - no, Adrian peterson, Asiana and McKinnon are solid

Lions

WR - lol no. . Johnson and tate...

RB - no. . Reggie Bush and bell are solid

So there you have it, feel free to disagree on a few, but quite a lot of them are obvious

You have an office alright :)

you don't mean the guy that could not find a job last off season and ended up signing with the pats do you? . . . if he is that good why did he not get signed.   Hey didn't Blount clear waivers too while we are at it. 

I love Edelman but lets not drag out the ole "he has a better team around him" excuse again.  Please it gets old and one looses credibility.

Prove me how GB is better than NE as a team overall.