Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to call up Whalen again...

NagelHausForge

Yeah I get it. I had it before this post from you. It's just funny Reggie is still playing and everyone wants to throw him in the dumpster. Haden covered Reggie yesterday and if the best corner on their team is covering Reggie, Ty is open. Do you think the Browns would put Haden on Whalen? lol Do you understand why Reggie is playing now. He has been hurt since the Cincy game. Did you see the play? He is a good decoy for Ty and Moncrief. Look for him to play all year.

I can't tell if Haden was all over Reggie but the few minutes i could watch the game i saw him on T.Y., yeah he is a good decoy but Luck threw 8 times at him !! and he dropped balls that were on his hands(this isn't hate to Reggie but this is the truth) he just got one reception that's why many people are calling to put him on the IR(although he's injured) nobody is throwing the years that Reggie has give to the Colts but he isn't playing at a decent level last game he got 4 catches because 2 of them came on garbage time if you rely that your #2 WR average 1 catch and 5 yrds per game then you have to expect to lose every game.

Look at some stats from the last 3 games:

Jax   3  10

Was  4 31

Cle    1 5

I want to make one thing clear Reggie is a probable HOF nobody is arguing that but he has even recognize that he isn't playing at a good level.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I get it. I had it before this post from you. It's just funny Reggie is still playing and everyone wants to throw him in the dumpster. Haden covered Reggie yesterday and if the best corner on their team is covering Reggie, Ty is open. Do you think the Browns would put Haden on Whalen? lol Do you understand why Reggie is playing now. He has been hurt since the Cincy game. Did you see the play? He is a good decoy for Ty and Moncrief. Look for him to play all year.

Dude there are reports out there now that Reggie tore his triceps.  After seeing the game last week and opponents knowing he's hurt, he's not going to even be a good decoy anymore.  

This is presuming he doesn't go on IR.  

I can't tell if Haden was all over Reggie but the few minutes i could watch the game i saw him on T.Y., yeah he is a good decoy but Luck threw 8 times at him !! and he dropped balls that were on his hands(this isn't hate to Reggie but this is the truth) he just got one reception that's why many people are calling to put him on the IR(although he's injured) nobody is throwing the years that Reggie has give to the Colts but he isn't playing at a decent level last game he got 4 catches because 2 of them came on garbage time if you rely that your #2 WR average 1 catch and 5 yrds per game then you have to expect to lose every game.

Look at some stats from the last 3 games:

Jax   3  10

Was  4 31

Cle    1 5

I want to make one thing clear Reggie is a probable HOF nobody is arguing that but he has even recognize that he isn't playing at a good level.

Haden was on and off of Ty. Mostly on. But if Whalen was in place of Reggie, Haden never leaves Ty's side. Reggie is the best decoy on our team. If he is on the field then one of our other recievers has a better matchup. I understand he needs a clothes basket to catch a ball in right now. But I don't think that is allowed. Yet here we are still winning games with all his drops. He still garners attention because he is Reggie Wayne.

Manning made Blair White look like Wes Welker before #18 got hurt.... No reason Luck couldn't do the same with Whalen. 

if Reggie goes to IR, Whalen wouldn't need to be a huge threat, just a half decent route runner as a #3 option behind TY and Moncrief to make some possession catches. He isnt going to get any double teams and he can get lost in coverage a lot. He wont rack up 100's of yards, but he will make those 3-7 yard catches when you NEED them.

Exactly, you can send TY and Moncrief on deep and medium routes where they will draw the majority of the attention and just send Whalen to the sticks.

Difference Maker meaning will you notice when he's out there or when he's not? If he's called up he won't see much time. There is a reason he keeps getting waived. I've never seen some many people clamor for a PS player. He's had his opportunities and outside of a couple of catches, has done nothing

Goodness.....  why is this suddenly brain surgery?

Who cares about "Difference Makers".....   that might be the poorest choice of words of all time.    You think there are difference makers on practice squads?

All Whalen is is the 5th wide receiver.     Teams typically need 5 for a game.    You know,  in case someone gets hurt?    Like Reggie Wayne?

We need a body.    And Griff is simply the next man up....    If Wayne continues to play,  then Griff stays where he is.

It's not all that hard to piece together.    

Dude there are reports out there now that Reggie tore his triceps.  After seeing the game last week and opponents knowing he's hurt, he's not going to even be a good decoy anymore.  

This is presuming he doesn't go on IR.  

Lol my name is not Dude. If you think he is going on IR that is your opinion. Mine is he will be active next game. He is the best decoy we have. No one else is hurt to be a decoy so you are wrong.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, December 8, 2014 - Disrespect question/comment to another member. might be bringing race into the discussion.
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, December 8, 2014 - Disrespect question/comment to another member. might be bringing race into the discussion.

Ok Ok Ok... settle down people!  Listen, I know this board is filled with Whalen haters but we need a posession receiver and Nicks and Wayne aren't it.  Wayne is playing through several injuries and Nicks... well... Nicks is Nicks.  Whalen is a guy that has great hands and is a good slot receiver that can pick up yards.  Also, as we saw with Cribbs today, Whalen's decision making is much better than his and he seems to be more resilient.  Maybe use Cribbs on KO and Whalen on Punts?

After the last couple games it seems the offense has hampered with crappy WR play and I think that is in part to Wayne and Nicks not getting their parts done.  I would rather see Whalen out there taking snaps from them on critical third downs. 

Ok, commence with the butthurt and let the criticism begin.

do you like whalen because he white?

Goodness..... why is this suddenly brain surgery?

Who cares about "Difference Makers"..... that might be the poorest choice of words of all time. You think there are difference makers on practice squads?

All Whalen is is the 5th wide receiver. Teams typically need 5 for a game. You know, in case someone gets hurt? Like Reggie Wayne?

We need a body. And Griff is simply the next man up.... If Wayne continues to play, then Griff stays where he is.

It's not all that hard to piece together.

Look at these posts on here about him. People are not talking about Griff as a body, they are talking about him as an impact player. Those people are who my posts are directed at

You obviously didn't see the last game Whalen played for us.  Horrible decisions regarding KR's.  If he's brought back up it is

because he's replacing a WR or because Cribbs got hurt.

Never missed a Colts' game, let alone snap in decades. Yep, I agree he had a bad decision game and a couple bad handles in that last outing (was it New England, I believe). Still very consistent. Poor assumption to allege someone on a Colts' MB not watching games. But hey, I'll stick to the topic. Cheers

Look at these posts on here about him. People are not talking about Griff as a body, they are talking about him as an impact player. Those people are who my posts are directed at

We've had posters here who actually said they thought Griff Whalen could be a #1 WR and replace Reggie Wayne.

I mean,  I'm a Stanford guy and all that,  but I know silliness when I see it.     And those folks completely jumped the shark!

He's a guy.   A decent guy and can be our 4th or 5th WR,  but that's pretty much it.     I don't see anymore than that......

Just sayin.....

Lol my name is not Dude. If you think he is going on IR that is your opinion. Mine is he will be active next game. He is the best decoy we have. No one else is hurt to be a decoy so you are wrong.

Your decoy reasoning is downright stupid. TY Hilton is our number 1 WR. We know it and every defense knows it. Opponents aren't worried or distracted by an injured Reggie Wayne who can't run or catch.

No one has called Whalen an impact player. That's your perception vs reality. People are, however, claiming he can bring more to the table than an injured Reggie Wayne and a waste of space in Hakeem Nicks. Which I completely agree with, Wayne and Nicks are doing nothing but hurting this team now.

Your decoy reasoning is downright stupid. TY Hilton is our number 1 WR. We know it and every defense knows it. Opponents aren't worried or distracted by an injured Reggie Wayne who can't run or catch.

If it is so stupid, then why was Haden put on him several times in the game smart guy? Nah they will just let him run uncovered because they know he is hurt and can't catch. Now that is stupid.

If it is so stupid, then why was Haden put on him several times in the game smart guy? Nah they will just let him run uncovered because they know he is hurt and can't catch. Now that is stupid.

It is absolutely stupid to say we should keep trotting out an injured WR who can't separate nor catch because he is some major decoy. Other teams watch film, they see Wayne's ineffectiveness, they are not going to be worried enough about him to be "decoyed".

Reggie was 1-8 on targets for 5 yards with 4 or 5 big time drops (at least 2 of them drive killers) in Cleveland and he hasn't been particularly better the previous couple weeks either. He better be the best decoy of all time allowing the other receivers to run wide open if he's going to perform like that.

As for Haden, he covered Wayne on 3 of his 8 targets and TY Hilton on 8 of his 17 targets. He almost exclusively had TY when the game was on the line at the end (both TDs and 99 of TYs 150 yards came vs Haden). Haden was also on Hakeem Nicks for 1 of his 2 targets and Moncrief for 1 of his 4 targets. I guess those guys make good decoy's too, huh?

It is absolutely stupid to say we should keep trotting out an injured WR who can't separate nor catch because he is some major decoy. Other teams watch film, they see Wayne's ineffectiveness, they are not going to be worried enough about him to be "decoyed".

Reggie was 1-8 on targets for 5 yards with 4 or 5 big time drops (at least 2 of them drive killers) in Cleveland and he hasn't been particularly better the previous couple weeks either. He better be the best decoy of all time allowing the other receivers to run wide open if he's going to perform like that.

As for Haden, he covered Wayne on 3 of his 8 targets and TY Hilton on 8 of his 17 targets. He almost exclusively had TY when the game was on the line at the end (both TDs and 99 of TYs 150 yards came vs Haden). Haden was also on Hakeem Nicks for 1 of his 2 targets and Moncrief for 1 of his 4 targets. I guess those guys make good decoy's too, huh?

If you think the coaching staff will bench or IR Wayne when he has to play in 1 more game to break the record for most games played as a Colt and most wins as a Colt then well. Yell it to the mountain tops how stupid it is. Fact is Reggie is hurt and slow can't catch and is talking retirement. This may in all reality be the last game or so that Reggie plays in. He will get the record IMO if we like it or not. We have seen coaching staff's decision on that just last week. Do I think Reggie should play? No, Should he play every down? No, but I bet he gets that record.

As far as the decoy stuff goes the Browns saw him live in game and had Haden on him. Not just for 3 targets, he was on him when he wasn't targeted too. So to put your best corner on a guy and leave Ty against your #2. Ok you proved your point. sarcasm

Griff Whalen should absolutely be activated. If by 'impact player', you guys mean a guy that can take the top off a defense and score an 80 yard TD, Griff is not an 'impact player'. However, if you mean a guy who can move the sticks on 3rd and 8 then I think Griff is just the guy to have as a slot receiver. At this point he should be ahead of Reggie.

I love Reggie. He is the preeminent Colt. But at this juncture he is not what he was in the past in route running, explosiveness, or hands. Griff is just better right now. Even based on last year's production he is better, who knows what he might look like with another year under his belt. He is the perfect complement to the style of play that Hilton and Moncrief bring. 

If you think the coaching staff will bench or IR Wayne when he has to play in 1 more game to break the record for most games played as a Colt and most wins as a Colt then well. Yell it to the mountain tops how stupid it is. Fact is Reggie is hurt and slow can't catch and is talking retirement. This may in all reality be the last game or so that Reggie plays in. He will get the record IMO if we like it or not. We have seen coaching staff's decision on that just last week. Do I think Reggie should play? No, Should he play every down? No, but I bet he gets that record.

This is all irrelevant to your decoy nonsense.

As far as the decoy stuff goes the Browns saw him live in game and had Haden on him. Not just for 3 targets, he was on him when he wasn't targeted too. So to put your best corner on a guy and leave Ty against your #2. Ok you proved your point. sarcasm

I guess I have to repeat myself for you.

They also had Haden cover the great decoys/world beaters Hakeem Nicks and Donte Moncrief. Ala, they were moving Haden around. By and large, though, Haden was on TY the majority of the time and when it counted in crunch time. Reggie Wayne played a poor game and he wasn't "decoying" anyone. And even if he was an effective decoy (he's not), he has to play decent football. He has been playing the worst football of his life since his injury and he is hurting the team.

This is all irrelevant to your decoy nonsense.

I guess I have to repeat myself for you.

They also had Haden cover the great decoys/world beaters Hakeem Nicks and Donte Moncrief. Ala, they were moving Haden around. By and large, though, Haden was on TY the majority of the time and when it counted in crunch time. Reggie Wayne played a poor game and he wasn't "decoying" anyone.

But you seem to think Reggie sucks so bad anyone can cover him. Yet Haden was on him. You seem to be hung up on the word decoy. lol 

I am old and hard of hearing you may want to repeat yourself again. I have all night. Come on let it fly.

But you seem to think Reggie sucks so bad anyone can cover him. Yet Haden was on him. You seem to be hung up on the word decoy. lol

I am old and hard of hearing you may want to repeat yourself again. I have all night. Come on let it fly.

My god, Haden covered Nicks and Moncrief too. They could have put a sea turtle out there to cover Nicks yet they put their best CB on him multiple times. Does that make Nicks a great, tough to cover WR? You are too hung up on the fact that Haden covered Wayne a few times as I've said 3 times now he was on all of our WRs at some point, they were moving him around. The way Wayne has played since his injury just about anyone has been able to cover him and if he does get open he's likely to drop it.

My god, Haden covered Nicks and Moncrief too. They can put a sea turtle out there to cover Nicks. You are too hung up on the fact that Haden covered Wayne a few times as I've said 3 times now he was on all of our WRs at some point, they were moving him around. The way Wayne has played since his injury just about anyone has been able to cover him and if he does get open he's likely to drop it.

A sea turtle? Ok I see what I am dealing with here now. Reggie Wayne will have a quality cornerback covering him on Sunday. Because he is Reggie Wayne. Do you not get that? Do I need to repeat myself again?

I for one would like to see what Lenz can do. I think he has the ability to play on the outside as well as in the slot. He looked good in the preseason. Griff is limited to the slot. 

Josh Lenz, WR (5-11 1/4, 201) - Lenz ran the 40 in 4.37 and 4.36 seconds. He had a 38 1/2-inch vertical jump and a 10-foot-1 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.20 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.59 seconds. He is one of the few guys who ran the 60-yard shuttle in under 11 seconds (doing so in 10.88 seconds). He also had 21 strength lifts. 

If Hakeem was playing well enough to have me believe in him enough to get the job done I would be okay with us shutting down Wayne for the year. I think we should rest Wayne for the final three weeks, and have him comeback in the post season. We all know this could be his final year as an NFL player.. So I don't think he would want to end his final year on IR.

If Whalen is brought up, then that would indicate that Reggie would be placed on IR. I don't think we have any intentions of placing Reggie on IR.

Rather, we may provide more playing time to other receivers, while allowing Reggie to rest up for the playoffs. This will give him time to be prepared to play when we really need him -- and when he can be a solid contributor.

Whalen had his chance too, he was sent back to the practice squad :facepalm:

Not sure if that says more about Whalen or the coaches. Let's not forget that DHB was our starter for 8 games last season, taking time away from T.Y. Hilton from seeing the field.

A sea turtle? Ok I see what I am dealing with here now. Reggie Wayne will have a quality cornerback covering him on Sunday. Because he is Reggie Wayne. Do you not get that? Do I need to repeat myself again?

He's not Reggie Wayne, he's an injured shell of the Reggie Wayne we love. He's broken. Do you get that? Because I assure you our opponents do.

Repeat yourself all you want, but it doesn't make it any more logically sound.

Whalen had his chance too, he was sent back to the practice squad :facepalm:

Give me a break. Nicks hasn't done % all year and he had plenty of reps to show something, anything. If a UDFA was playing like Nicks he wouldn't even be on the PS, he'd be on the street. Griff Whalen was given no opportunities on offense this year but he did solid last year when called upon, certainly much better than Nicks has done this year. Plus, Griff is a much, much better fit for the slot and that's what we need with TY and Moncrief outside.

He's not Reggie Wayne, he's an injured shell of the Reggie Wayne we love. He's broken. Do you get that? Because I assure you our opponents do.

Shell or no shell the team is better with Reggie on it. I would shut him down until the playoffs.

Bark all night, it's not changing the facts. If he is in the game he will draw attention away from other receivers. I may get it if you repeat it one more time.