Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time to call up Whalen again...

NagelHausForge

As someone mentioned Whalen catches everything I hope we call him up he would be welcome help.  I think Reggie needs to step back for the next couple of games at least he and I hate to say this is hurting our team I have never seen him drop balls like he did this weekend.

I think Griff is awesome and I have for a long time oh and I also so someone mention Da'Rick that would be a good move also as long as he keeps his s&*t together.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bark all night, it's not changing the facts. If he is in the game he will draw attention away from other receivers. I may get it if you repeat it one more time.

Well no duh. Any and every WR draws attention. It's not in any defenses game plan to allow receivers to run free no matter how poor the receiver is.

Let's get a straight answer from you and stop beating around the bush:

Do you think the Reggie Wayne we saw last week (1-8 for 5 yards with 4 or 5 drops) along with his overall poor play since his injury should be playing over a Griff Whalen?

Because that was your original point, wasn't it? Haden covered Wayne a few times so that makes him more valuable than Whalen (no matter that Reggie got 5 yards total and dropped 4-5 balls yesterday and has played poorly since his injury).

Well no duh. Any and every WR draws attention. It's not in any defenses game plan to allow receivers to run free no matter how poor the receiver is.

Let's get a straight answer from you and stop beating around the bush:

Do you think the Reggie Wayne we saw last week (1-8 for 5 yards with 4 or 5 drops) along with his overall poor play since his injury should be playing over a Griff Whalen?

You really don't pay attention very closely do you? 

You seem  to have glossed over what I said about Reggie quite a few post back. You even said it had nothing to do with my "decoy" argument. You disregarded it.

I also see with your "No duh" that you are finally starting to get it. Do you want to keep playing? If you do go back and re-read my post as to what I think about Reggie playing. I promise to be waiting right here.

So when Reggie goes to IR you'd be okay with our WR group being

TY Hilton

Hakeem Nicks

Josh Cribbs

Donte Moncrief

Are you kidding? Nicks, who's done nothing all season long? Cribbs, whose new to the system? Yet somehow these guys are preferable to Whalen? Give me a break.

You really don't pay attention very closely do you?

You seem to have glossed over what I said about Reggie quite a few post back. You even said it had nothing to do with my "decoy" argument. You disregarded it.

I also see with your "No duh" that you are finally starting to get it. Do you want to keep playing? If you do go back and re-read my post as to what I think about Reggie playing. I promise to be waiting right here.

Ok, let's look at these contrasting posts of yours...

Yeah I get it. I had it before this post from you. It's just funny Reggie is still playing and everyone wants to throw him in the dumpster. Haden covered Reggie yesterday and if the best corner on their team is covering Reggie, Ty is open. Do you think the Browns would put Haden on Whalen? lol Do you understand why Reggie is playing now. He has been hurt since the Cincy game. Did you see the play? He is a good decoy for Ty and Moncrief. Look for him to play all year.

If you think the coaching staff will bench or IR Wayne when he has to play in 1 more game to break the record for most games played as a Colt and most wins as a Colt then well. Yell it to the mountain tops how stupid it is. Fact is Reggie is hurt and slow can't catch and is talking retirement. This may in all reality be the last game or so that Reggie plays in. He will get the record IMO if we like it or not. We have seen coaching staff's decision on that just last week. Do I think Reggie should play? No, Should he play every down? No, but I bet he gets that record.

Ok, so as I thought, you flip flopped your opinion. Your first post implies (2nd quote here) Wayne draws more attention as a decoy from CBs because Haden covered him a few times, so he should be in over Whalen. In the next post (3rd quote) you say you don't think he should play but the coaches will play him to get him his record. You seem to still be flip flopping on this though so which is it?

As for me starting to "get it". Give me a break. Your point seems to be Reggie Wayne draws a ton of attention because his name is Reggie Wayne. Opponents will ignorantly put their best CB on him play after play even though, after the injury, he can't run or catch. But, then again you also don't think Reggie should be playing. You're all over the place.

I would rather see Whalen out there taking snaps from them on critical third downs. 

Ok, commence with the butthurt and let the criticism begin.

As I recall, Griff did pretty well last year as a receiver - I am totally surprised that he was not given reps this season.  Would love to see him in the slot - he can catch the ball! 

2013 he had 24 receptions for 259 yards - say 11 yards per reception with 2 TDs and had zero fumbles. 

2014 he has seen very limited reps - 2 reception for guess what - 11.5 yards per catch.

I say if thrown to 5-6x a game he would end up with 50-60 yards a game!

IMO he has the skills to play the position, sure he is not a game changer but he would be reliable - I think there are some serious politics going on IMO.

Ok, let's look at these contrasting posts of yours...

Ok, so as I thought, you flip flopped your opinion. Your first post implies (2nd quote here) Wayne draws more attention as a decoy from CBs because Haden covered him a few times, so he should be in over Whalen. In the next post (3rd quote) you say you don't think he should play but the coaches will play him to get him his record. You seem to still be flip flopping on this though so which is it?

As for me starting to "get it". Give me a break. Your point seems to be Reggie Wayne draws a ton of attention because his name is Reggie Wayne. Opponents will ignorantly put their best CB on him play after play even though, after the injury, he can't run or catch. But, then again you also don't think Reggie should be playing. You're all over the place.

I meant every word I typed. And will say again Reggie Wayne will draw attention from one of the other teams best corners back when he is on the field. Griff Whalen your cousin , brother or whatever  won't. It really is as simple as that.

The Browns did put Haden on Wayne even after they saw he was hurt. So there it is for ya. If he sucked so bad they would have put a lb or ilb on him. Did they?

Me saying I don't think he should play has nothing to do with the fact that he will draw the coverage. Or me saying he will play to set the records has anything to do with him still drawing coverage. You really don't get it do you? I  could care less if they replace Wayne with Whalen. But if you want to keep beating this dog I am game.

Ok Ok Ok... settle down people!  Listen, I know this board is filled with Whalen haters but we need a posession receiver and Nicks and Wayne aren't it.  Wayne is playing through several injuries and Nicks... well... Nicks is Nicks.  Whalen is a guy that has great hands and is a good slot receiver that can pick up yards.  Also, as we saw with Cribbs today, Whalen's decision making is much better than his and he seems to be more resilient.  Maybe use Cribbs on KO and Whalen on Punts?

After the last couple games it seems the offense has hampered with crappy WR play and I think that is in part to Wayne and Nicks not getting their parts done.  I would rather see Whalen out there taking snaps from them on critical third downs. 

Ok, commence with the butthurt and let the criticism begin.

guy is avg wr in nfl . yes in college was better.

Goodness.....  why is this suddenly brain surgery?

Who cares about "Difference Makers".....   that might be the poorest choice of words of all time.    You think there are difference makers on practice squads?

All Whalen is is the 5th wide receiver.     Teams typically need 5 for a game.    You know,  in case someone gets hurt?    Like Reggie Wayne?

We need a body.    And Griff is simply the next man up....    If Wayne continues to play,  then Griff stays where he is.

It's not all that hard to piece together.    

true , he  avg . wr in NFL

I meant every word I typed. And will say again Reggie Wayne will draw attention from one of the other teams best corners back when he is on the field. Griff Whalen your cousin , brother or whatever won't. It really is as simple as that.

The Browns did put Haden on Wayne even after they saw he was hurt. So there it is for ya. If he sucked so bad they would have put a lb or ilb on him. Did they?

Me saying I don't think he should play has nothing to do with the fact that he will draw the coverage. Or me saying he will play to set the records has anything to do with him still drawing coverage. You really don't get it do you? I could care less if they replace Wayne with Whalen. But if you want to keep beating this dog I am game.

Lol at the bolded. And this has had less to do with Griff Whalen and more to do with Wayne. I actually was happy we cut Whalen because he was terrible at KR/PR but he can be a solid slot guy, much better than Wayne is right now.

If you can see that Reggie Wayne shouldn't be playing, why do you think the opponents wouldn't see it as well and adjust accordingly? This last game especially showcased that Reggie isn't right. Reggie may still draw a top CB now and then (like in 2 wide sets) but, as seen, so will Hakeem Nicks and Donte Moncrief but that doesn't mean the defense is scheming or focusing their attention on that player. The way Reggie is playing he IS NOT a good decoy nor is he drawing much more attention than any average #2 WR. If you put Moncrief at #2 and Whalen at #3, Moncrief would be much more dangerous than Reggie Wayne is now and he'd draw at least as much attention as Wayne is now (more most likely), plus Whalen would be more reliable in the slot than Wayne. That's the bottom line and that's what's important.

Teams still respect Reggie but that respect only goes so far once they see his play has dropped off and anyone who has been watching has seen it.

If you would answer this question and not dance around it this time maybe we can move on. Do you think this offense would be more effective with this version of Reggie Wayne in the game or with Griff Whalen in the slot and Moncrief at #2?

Lol at the bolded. And this has had less to do with Griff Whalen and more to do with Wayne. I actually was happy we cut Whalen because he was terrible at KR/PR but he can be a solid slot guy, much better than Wayne is right now.

If you can see that Reggie Wayne shouldn't be playing, why do you think the opponents wouldn't see it as well and adjust accordingly? This last game especially showcased that Reggie isn't right. Reggie may still draw a top CB now and then (like in 2 wide sets) but, as seen, so will Hakeem Nicks and Donte Moncrief but that doesn't mean the defense is scheming or focusing their attention on that player. The way Reggie is playing he IS NOT a good decoy nor is he drawing much more attention than any average WR. Teams still respect Reggie but that respect only goes so far once they see his play has dropped off and anyone who has been watching has seen it.

If you would answer this question and not dance around it this time maybe we can move on. Do you think this offense would be more effective with this version of Reggie Wayne in the game or with Griff Whalen?

This is not about your question. It has been about Reggie drawing the attention of one of the other teams best corners. It's not about who I think would be the most effective. I stick by what I typed all along like it or not. I won't change my beliefs because you think I may be wrong. I may well be wrong but this is what I believe to be true. Like it or not.

I guess the Browns had no tape with Reggie playing the past few games to watch. Yet Haden found his way to Wayne. 

If you can see that Reggie Wayne shouldn't be playing, why do you think the opponents wouldn't see it as well and adjust accordingly? This last game especially showcased that Reggie isn't right. Reggie may still draw a top CB now and then (like in 2 wide sets) but, as seen, so will Hakeem Nicks and Donte Moncrief but that doesn't mean the defense is scheming or focusing their attention on that player. The way Reggie is playing he IS NOT a good decoy nor is he drawing much more attention than any average #2 WR. If you put Moncrief at #2 and Whalen at #3, Moncrief would be much more dangerous than Reggie Wayne is now and he'd draw at least as much attention as Wayne is now (more most likely), plus Whalen would be more reliable in the slot than Wayne. That's the bottom line and that's what's important.

Teams still respect Reggie but that respect only goes so far once they see his play has dropped off and anyone who has been watching has seen it.

If you would answer this question and not dance around it this time maybe we can move on. Do you think this offense would be more effective with this version of Reggie Wayne in the game or with Griff Whalen in the slot and Moncrief at #2?

prove last year with reggie in the game we win with reggie out we have a much harder win.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2014 - inappropriate
Hidden by Nadine, December 9, 2014 - inappropriate

This is not about your question. It has been about Reggie drawing the attention of one of the other teams best corners. It's not about who I think would be the most effective. I stick by what I typed all along like it or not. I won't change my beliefs because you think I may be wrong. I may well be wrong but this is what I believe to be true. Like it or not.

I guess the Browns had no tape with Reggie playing the past few games to watch. Yet Haden found his way to Wayne.

Good Lord. Ok, this circular stroking session is over.

As someone mentioned Whalen catches everything I hope we call him up he would be welcome help.  I think Reggie needs to step back for the next couple of games at least he and I hate to say this is hurting our team I have never seen him drop balls like he did this weekend.

I think Griff is awesome and I have for a long time oh and I also so someone mention Da'Rick that would be a good move also as long as he keeps his s&*t together.

Da' Rick is a bum that is why he is sitting on his couch no one wants him. He cleared waivers every team in the NFL said no so please stop with the Da'Rick Rogers nonsense.

If we bring up Griff than someone has to go to clear space on the active roster or someone goes to the IR. Unless Cribbs gets hurt we may have seen the last of Griff as a Colt.

Reggie's presence alone helps this team.