Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IMO Vinatieri won this game today...

Happy2BeHere

As I had posted in another few threads one of the biggest advantages we had today was the kicking game. Vinny is the only perfect kicker in the league this year while Cundiff ranks 27th (even lower after today I'm sure). If it wasn't for Vinny staying perfect today we wouldn't have won this game. Props to Vinny the guy rocks! Heck of a kicker.

He nailed a 51 yarder in some cold weather.  His play has been spectacular all season

The dude has been UNREAL this year...unfathomable really.

I still will never forget the kick that cost us the SD game years back where Peyton threw 6 int's I think it was??

But still, I mean he has been SPOT ON...indoor and outdoor...just absolute money!

I think MIKE VANDERJAGT owns the most consecutive field goal record at 42 from 2002-2004.

I still will never forget the kick that cost us the SD game years back where Peyton threw 6 int's I think it was??

But still, I mean he has been SPOT ON...indoor and outdoor...just absolute money!

I think MIKE VANDERJAGT owns the most consecutive field goal record at 42 from 2002-2004.

Yeah, Vinny is at 35 or 36 now, I believe.  So he has a good chance to break that record this year

He missed at least two wide open WRs for TDs. The only reason they didn't put Manziel in is because they had the lead for 59 minutes.

Yes he did miss some wide open receivers...thank goodness also because our coverage was blown on them also and would have likely been TD's...but you count discount that he was under pressure on some there.

He missed at least two wide open WRs for TDs. The only reason they didn't put Manziel in is because they had the lead for 59 minutes.

Or because he really isn't good enough to replace a very mediocre Hoyer... The Browns coaches get to see the dude in practices, so just sayin'

Yeah, Vinny is at 35 or 36 now, I believe.  So he has a good chance to break that record this year

Vinny is 27 of 27 on the year. I went back and got the stats on this so we know where we are at.

IND vs NE (2 for 2)

KC vs IND (3 for 3)

JAX vs IND (1 for 1)

IND vs KC (3 for 4) <--- He missed the first field goal of this game so he had 3 counting from here)

This puts him at 27 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 36 (I assume post season counts here for sure)

Regular season he is at a total of 31 consecutive

So he is only 6 consecutive FG's away from tying VANDERJAGT or 7 to take the record :)

Vinny is 27 of 27 on the year. I went back and got the stats on this so we know where we are at.

IND vs NE (2 for 2)

KC vs IND (3 for 3)

JAX vs IND (1 for 1)

IND vs KC (3 for 4) <--- He missed the first field goal of this game so he had 3 counting from here)

This puts him at 27 + 3 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 36 (I assume post season counts here for sure)

Regular season he is at a total of 31 consecutive

So he is only 6 consecutive FG's away from tying VANDERJAGT or 7 to take the record :)

Nice work by you and AV

what kick cost us the san diego game? i mean what kicker was it?

As I had posted in another few threads one of the biggest advantages we had today was the kicking game. Vinny is the only perfect kicker in the league this year while Cundiff ranks 27th (even lower after today I'm sure). If it wasn't for Vinny staying perfect today we wouldn't have won this game. Props to Vinny the guy rocks! Heck of a kicker.

Yes Adam kicked perfect. But the key to the win was our defense not giving up a bunch of points after having all the turnovers. Field goals would not have been enough had the defense not held. JMO

I'd say it's more like the Colts don't win this game without a kicker like AV.  I've said for years there is no kicker you would rather have in a key situation and I've defended him none stop at times when others have called for him to be released or questioned him because of his age.  With that, I think to say Adam won this game is insult to that 90 yard drive and the last quarter and half TY had.  Also the defense kept this thing from being a blowout in order for the comeback to happen.  So no question, we saw first hand today how important a good kicker is with Adam drilling that long kick while the Browns kicker missed the 40 yarder and Adam had a hand in this win the Colts didn't win this game only because of him. 

Yes Adam kicked perfect. But the key to the win was our defense not giving up a bunch of points after having all the turnovers. Field goals would not have been enough had the defense not held. JMO

No doubt totally agree...I mean you can't ever really just point to ONE SPECIFIC thing and say "THAT is the whole reason we won the game".

It's usually a series of things....but again had Vinny NOT been perfect we definitely would have lost this game.

You can also say had BOOM not got the 1st down we definitely would have lost this game.... you see, can't just point to one thing.

But since LUCK turned the friggin ball over 3 times (he had 2 against JAX) it was Vinny's surefire leg that won this baby IMO.

I'd say it's more like the Colts don't win this game without a kicker like AV.  I've said for years there is no kicker you would rather have in a key situation and I've defended him none stop at times when others have called for him to be released or questioned him because of his age.  With that, I think to say Adam won this game is insult to that 90 yard drive and the last quarter and half TY had.  Also the defense kept this thing from being a blowout in order for the comeback to happen.  So no question, we saw first hand today how important a good kicker is with Adam drilling that long kick while the Browns kicker missed the 40 yarder and Adam had a hand in this win the Colts didn't win this game only because of him. 

Yea I agree, I mean as I just said on another reply..you can't really ever point to "one person" or "one thing" that won us the game.

Is it different if one of AV's field goals came as time expired vs just on a regular drive? Sure I guess you could then say it was his kick that won us the game...but the defense caused the turnover to get you the opportunity or the offense moved the ball to afford you the opportunity.

Again, I just think it was Vinny's surefire leg this game that was the overall difference. We wouldn't have had to have a final drive is LUCK would just keep ahold of the friggin ball!!

Luck has had TWELVE (12) fumbles this season and lost SIX (6) of them. He's had 13 INT's also. He's already fumbled 2 more times and lost 1 more fumble than he did his rookie year. He also has more INT's than he had last year (9). He definitely has been lighting it up but if he just wouldn't fumble the ball and make ill-advised throws this game wouldn't have likely been THAT close!

Yes Adam missed that kick (his only game winning kick or "clutch" kick he's missed since he's been here) but Manning's 6 INTs played a bigger role in that loss.  That miss was and has been by far the exception to the rule since Adam got here. 

Yeah well it was crazy because you'd have NEVER thought that you'd see Peyton throw 6 INT's and be in a VERY makable field goal for Vinny to win the game yet to lose by the missed kick. But yeah, man it was SO HARD to watch him throw all those INT's

Yea I agree, I mean as I just said on another reply..you can't really ever point to "one person" or "one thing" that won us the game.

Is it different if one of AV's field goals came as time expired vs just on a regular drive? Sure I guess you could then say it was his kick that won us the game...but the defense caused the turnover to get you the opportunity or the offense moved the ball to afford you the opportunity.

Again, I just think it was Vinny's surefire leg this game that was the overall difference. We wouldn't have had to have a final drive is LUCK would just keep ahold of the friggin ball!!

Luck has had TWELVE (12) fumbles this season and lost SIX (6) of them. He's had 13 INT's also. He's already fumbled 2 more times and lost 1 more fumble than he did his rookie year. He also has more INT's than he had last year (9). He definitely has been lighting it up but if he just wouldn't fumble the ball and make ill-advised throws this game wouldn't have likely been THAT close!

Well unless that one person is Hoyer lol

Yeah well it was crazy because you'd have NEVER thought that you'd see Peyton throw 6 INT's and be in a VERY makable field goal for Vinny to win the game yet to lose by the missed kick. But yeah, man it was SO HARD to watch him throw all those INT's

To this day that was the most bizarre game I have ever seen n my life.  Adam missing the kick was almost fitting.

wow, that stinks.  hmmm, i can't believe he missed it.

He missed TWO kicks that game...but the game winner from 29 out was the harder one watch...ugh

"SAN DIEGO - Peyton Manning was poised to atone for those franchise-record six interceptions.

He'd moved the Indianapolis Colts well within Adam Vinatieri's range with 1:31 left on a crazy, rainy night.

Snap, hold and ... miss!

Vinatieri, who'd won two Super Bowls for New England with last-second field goals, pushed a 29-yard attempt wide right and the San Diego Chargers escaped with a wild 23-21 win over the defending Super Bowl champions on Sunday night.

"I should make that kick every time," Vinatieri said. "There are no good excuses. I just missed it."

Article Link

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/adam-vinatieri-sinks-colts-san-diego-article-1.260257

I disagree.  Even though he was very quiet for the most of the first half, TY won us that football game!  The game winner and the TD to get us right back into it.  You can't forget that Joe Haden was on him for most of the game also.

It was a team effort for sure. I posted in another thread my BIGGEST concern in this game was A) being without Davis....but more importantly than that was B) The corners of the Browns...they have the most pass deflections and most interceptions before the start of this week.

It was a team effort for sure. I posted in another thread my BIGGEST concern in this game was A) being without Davis....but more importantly than that was B) The corners of the Browns...they have the most pass deflections and most interceptions before the start of this week.

Yes, Davis being out was scary, but our defense didn't do too bad wo him.  Luck gave up 14 points himself out of the 24 scored.  Those Browns corners (and rest of their D) were smuthering though.  They performed at the same level as the Pats and Steelers IMO.

Things just fell right for the Colts to win this game. Very seldom does a team have 4 turnovers ( 2 that turned into TDs ) and still win a game. The Colts play with heart and the mindset of never giving up that's for sure.

Yea, going ALLLLLLLL the way back to that dreadful Kansas City playoff game..

It was hard to believe he missed it no matter what though...I thought for sure he'd nail it.

What was more unbelievable (Peyton 6 INT's) or (Vinny's missed FG to win the game) ?

The most unbelievable part was that we even had a chance to win. 6 interceptions usually means a team is losing by 20-30 points, if not more than that.

He missed TWO kicks that game...but the game winner from 29 out was the harder one watch...ugh

"SAN DIEGO - Peyton Manning was poised to atone for those franchise-record six interceptions.

He'd moved the Indianapolis Colts well within Adam Vinatieri's range with 1:31 left on a crazy, rainy night.

Snap, hold and ... miss!

Vinatieri, who'd won two Super Bowls for New England with last-second field goals, pushed a 29-yard attempt wide right and the San Diego Chargers escaped with a wild 23-21 win over the defending Super Bowl champions on Sunday night.

"I should make that kick every time," Vinatieri said. "There are no good excuses. I just missed it."

Article Link

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/adam-vinatieri-sinks-colts-san-diego-article-1.260257

The laces were in!!!! They were in!

During warm ups before the Washington game i was watching AV practicing field goals. They started with an extra points. Then moved back 5 to 7yds for the next kick. I've watched this for most games this year and he usually stops around 53yds. This time he's last try was from 59yds. I told the wife watch this is a 59yarder. AV nails it with 4-5yds to spare. Every try he did that day looked right down the middle. At 41 he seems to just as good as he was at 25.