Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+3) @ Green Bay (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do jump up and down to send a simple message across. The animation you add to the messages are exemplary.

To the topic, it clearly doesn't matter to you but it matters to a lot of other parents. There is a reason you have parental controls on TV. Any professional athlete should be responsible enough of his behavior in public.

It's a PG13 environment.

PG-13 movies have plenty of explicit language in them. 

Besides, I find language censorship to be borderline comical, given how much we expose our children to violence on TV. It's OK for them to see fights and shootings and blood and guts... just as long as no one has a potty mouth! 

I just think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing because it's Tom Brady. I won't strawman this discussion but it's not like other QBs and players haven't been caught using that type of language on TV before. 

There is no audio so to those kids it would just look like an angry player being animated on the sideline, which is certainly not out of the ordinary at an NFL game

there is no audio to anyone unless he was micked up. He repeated it 4 times and it is quite clear to anyone who watched it.

I don't think GB will lose to Detroit again, but I suppose if they did finish the season badly, he wouldn't get it.

yah anything is possible . . . Rodgers has the inside track at this point . . . was kind of hoping that the pats won the game so Brady would have the inside track running down the stretch . . . it should be a fun December . . .

You do jump up and down to send a simple message across. The animation you add to the messages are exemplary.

To the topic, it clearly doesn't matter to you but it matters to a lot of other parents. There is a reason you have parental controls on TV. Any professional athlete should be responsible enough of his behavior in public.

It's a PG13 environment.

Football and especially live football is not a PG-13 rated environment for players with regards to swearing.  Players have been swearing for 100+ years.  And if it is a PG-13 rated environment will Brady be fined, how much and when?

If football is a PG-13 rated environment then why is hard hitting allowed where players get hurt?  Or why is there blood?  Why do cameras show a player who's bleeding on live tv?  So swearing is worse than physical violence and blood?  hmmmm  bizarre logic there.  Usually in civilized countries in europe with low crime they laugh at americans for how we embrace violence but censor swearing.  lol

Are players under contract to not swear during a game?

We know if Andrew Luck was swearing you wouldn't have commented negatively about it.

The problem we have is there is a certain group of people who believe Brady should be held to higher standards than others which is wrong.

I would bet Shane has dedicated more posts to Brady swearing more than Ray Rice knocking out his fiance.  Twisted logic based on jealousy.

There is no delay to the kids who watch direct from their seats and the giant screen.

What's playing on the video board isn't what's seen on TV 100% of the time. 

I seriously doubt they cut to a shot of Brady live on the sidelines at that exact moment. 

I'd love another shot at GB in the SB..

I really wish we had Chandler Jones back, he would have made a difference in that game

He was suppose to miss 4 weeks, but his recovery time has been longer than that. Horrible timing with his injury, he's missed their crucial 6 game gauntlet

yah anything is possible . . . Rodgers has the inside track at this point . . . was kind of hoping that the pats won the game so Brady would have the inside track running down the stretch . . . it should be a fun December . . .

There were rumors and reports that Belichick didn't show all his cards and didn't put the full game plan out there knowing the Pats and Packers could play again in the SB.  He was saving some things.

I think if that is true the thing he was saving was Blount/Gray and the running game.  I think if they face each other in the SB the Pats will pound the ball similar to what they did to the Colts.

I really wish we had Chandler Jones back, he would have made a difference in that game

He was suppose to miss 4 weeks, but his recovery time has been longer than that. Horrible timing with his injury, he's missed their crucial 6 game gauntlet

The Pats defense has been playing better without Jones and Mayo.  Not to say they aren't important.  I think the D does play better without Mayo.  I wouldn't resign Mayo in the off-season.  He's been injured two straight seasons.  I think they can easily replace him in the draft.  Pats do know how to draft LB's.  Hightower is coming into his own.

Jones Is more valuable than Mayo.  Obviously keep Jones.

But will Jones be in shape and come right back in and be his old self?  I think the Pats should wait till the playoffs to bring Jones back.  Let him fully heal.

Football and especially live football is not a PG-13 rated environment for players with regards to swearing. Players have been swearing for 100+ years. And if it is a PG-13 rated environment will Brady be fined, how much and when?

If football is a PG-13 rated environment then why is hard hitting allowed where players get hurt? Or why is there blood? Why do cameras show a player who's bleeding on live tv? So swearing is worse than physical violence and blood? hmmmm bizarre logic there. Usually in civilized countries in europe with low crime they laugh at americans for how we embrace violence but censor swearing. lol

Are players under contract to not swear during a game?

We know if Andrew Luck was swearing you wouldn't have commented negatively about it.

The problem we have is there is a certain group of people who believe Brady should be held to higher standards than others which is wrong.

I would bet Shane has dedicated more posts to Brady swearing more than Ray Rice knocking out his fiance. Twisted logic based on jealousy.

Definitely not jealousy but it's clear being a Colts fan I don't embrace anything NE.

You made a good point on the double standards we have and why some Europeans laugh at us.

PG-13 movies have plenty of explicit language in them.

Besides, I find language censorship to be borderline comical, given how much we expose our children to violence on TV. It's OK for them to see fights and shootings and blood and guts... just as long as no one has a potty mouth!

I just think you guys are making a big deal out of nothing because it's Tom Brady. I won't strawman this discussion but it's not like other QBs and players haven't been caught using that type of language on TV before.

I am sure there are other QBs or other professional athletes swear on TV.

What I am having issue is the double standard we have on these.

There were rumors and reports that Belichick didn't show all his cards and didn't put the full game plan out there knowing the Pats and Packers could play again in the SB. He was saving some things.

I think if that is true the thing he was saving was Blount/Gray and the running game. I think if they face each other in the SB the Pats will pound the ball similar to what they did to the Colts.

This was a fairly important game so I'm not sure how much BB would hold back in his gameplan just incase they play each other again in the SB.. securing home field advantage is the best way to increase your odds of a SB birth and losing this game allowed Denver to be within 1 game of the 1st seed

I hope that's the case, but I feel like the Packers just played better on both sides of the ball

There were rumors and reports that Belichick didn't show all his cards and didn't put the full game plan out there knowing the Pats and Packers could play again in the SB.  He was saving some things.

I think if that is true the thing he was saving was Blount/Gray and the running game.  I think if they face each other in the SB the Pats will pound the ball similar to what they did to the Colts.

What rumors and reports? Do you have links?

What you are suggesting is the very antithesis to how Bill thinks and operations. He NEVER looks ahead even one week much less two months to a Super Bowl that may not even have Green Bay in it. It is thinking like that that would keep the Pats from even getting there as that loss hurt with Denver winning. Patriots basically have to win out to secure the number one seed unless Denver drops another game.

The Pats defense has been playing better without Jones and Mayo. Not to say they aren't important. I think the D does play better without Mayo. I wouldn't resign Mayo in the off-season. He's been injured two straight seasons. I think they can easily replace him in the draft. Pats do know how to draft LB's. Hightower is coming into his own.

Jones Is more valuable than Mayo. Obviously keep Jones.

But will Jones be in shape and come right back in and be his old self? I think the Pats should wait till the playoffs to bring Jones back. Let him fully heal.

I agree that the defense has been playing well despite their absence, but i don't agree that they're playing better because those players are missing.

Mayo has been the leading tackler every year he's been healthy not only on the Pats, but across the entire nfl. He's always around the ball and getting runners to the ground and has a very high level of understanding schematically what the defense is trying to do.

We didn't need Chandler Jones in those blowout games because our opponents were one dimensional trying to keep up. But in tough games like last night against a very, very talented team in a nail biter is when guys like Jones can make a couple plays that could mean the difference in the game

There is no delay to the kids who watch direct from their seats and the giant screen.

Seriously Shane...I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read this stuff. This is a stretch even for you.

You're going to sit there and criticize Brady for swearing on the sideline in frustration simply because of the fact that the video man in Green Bay may have had his picture up in the stadium and some poor kids may read his lips?

I am sure there are other QBs or other professional athletes swear on TV.

What I am having issue is the double standard we have on these.

Double standard? A few weeks ago you were leading the charge against those that were criticizing Peyton for throwing the guy who runs the video board in Denver under the bus...you were doing your best trying to make his actions sound like a non issue....yet here you are making THIS a huge issue?

Please. 

Seriously Shane...I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I read this stuff. This is a stretch even for you.

You're going to sit there and criticize Brady for swearing on the sideline in frustration simply because of the fact that the video man in Green Bay may have had his picture up in the stadium and some poor kids may read his lips?

Double standard? A few weeks ago you were leading the charge against those that were criticizing Peyton for throwing the guy who runs the video board in Denver under the bus...you were doing your best trying to make his actions sound like a non issue....yet here you are making THIS a huge issue?

Please.

How about ignore my posts?. You don't have to laugh or cry or continue with your tirade.

Now to the topic, Peyton didn't swear in public nor during a press conference. He made his opinion of what he thought.

Now really getting to the topic, some poor kids Huh. Is that how you see it?.

Well, not everyone can be as in control and well spoken as everyone here is all the time. :hairout:  :rant:  :hissy:  :argh:  :flaming:  :cuss:  :censored2:

Honestly, I've seen people who are not football players and who I would never expect to utter such things........cut loose with a string of expletives when they are very riled.

It happens and it also happens with Colts players.

We all should make an effort but we are none of us perfect.

True story, my nephew has taken up heavy metal music and on thanksgiving the guys were jamming and he had a hard time coming up with something he knew that was 'thanksgiving friendly'

And he's been home schooled in a very christian home.

But there were other words that he didn't know.  He asked what 'repertoire' meant and my other nephew said "That's french for songs you know"

I'm still laughing about that one.

I thought Brady's fit was classless and showed a lack of poise.

I loved his burst of anger! I rather have that than say a Cutler who has a don't care attitude. In other words his demeanor is perfect for NE. A lot of us esp in boston got fiery tempers. ESP us from southy lol.

Which you stated earlier like how we censor certain things and not to certain things.

You know they went to Brady at that moment HOPING to see his reaction. I have no prbl w Brady reaction I just don't see why they had to show it on TV so blame the TV people not Brady.

Which you stated earlier like how we censor certain things and not to certain things.

Then we agree? I'm confused, lol...

Look of course Brady would have probably restrained himself if he'd known he was on camera. He had his back to the field if I recall right. He's got little kids at home too. 

But it's not a huge deal, IMO. I slip in front of my kids all the time. Usually it's not an ^^^, but I think my daughter was 3 when she first repeated my patented, "Dammit!" haha...

How about ignore my posts?. You don't have to laugh or cry or continue with your tirade.

I would love to. Really I would.

Unfortunately you find your way into every single thread...especially those regarding the Patriots, and that makes it hard to avoid. Look...I'm not on a personal tirade against you. I interact with everyone who decides to contribute to a discussion that interests me...that's what these forums are for. You just take it personally when I respond to you because I had the audacity to fact check you a few weeks back and you've never quite gotten over it. Everytime I think we have moved on from that issue, you are right back at it again making wild claims and for some reason you are expecting not to get called out by Patriots fans in a thread about a Patriots game.

Trust me, I opt NOT to respond to about 80% of what you post...but this time I thought it was reasonable since it's a discussion about my team. If that bothers you, I apologize...but really I'm not responding to you any differently that anyone else here....it just offends you when it comes from me and that's fine. 

I would love to. Really I would.

Unfortunately you find your way into every single thread...especially those regarding the Patriots, and that makes it hard to avoid. Look...I'm not on a personal tirade against you. I interact with everyone who decides to contribute to a discussion that interests me...that's what these forums are for. You just take it personally when I respond to you because I had the audacity to fact check you a few weeks back and you've never quite gotten over it. Everytime I think we have moved on from that issue, you are right back at it again making wild claims and for some reason you are expecting not to get called out by Patriots fans in a thread about a Patriots game.

Trust me, I opt NOT to respond to about 80% of what you post...but this time I thought it was reasonable since it's a discussion about my team. If that bothers you, I apologize...but really I'm not responding to you any differently that anyone else here....it just offends you when it comes from me and that's fine.

It's all ok :).

No time for animosity in this world.

There were rumors and reports that Belichick didn't show all his cards and didn't put the full game plan out there knowing the Pats and Packers could play again in the SB. 

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure BB did everything he thought would give them the best chance at winning. That's kinda what NE does even in meaningless games, and this game was far from meaningless.

Except that the Pats and Packers are better than all the rest of the teams you listed. The Pats were blowing everyone's doors off and got held to 21 and in turn the Packers were blowing everyone out at home and got held to 26. These two teams not only have great QB play, they also showed they can both play great defense. If they get the number one seeds neither is likely to lose at home in the playoffs. Not only do both dominate at home, they have a significant advantage in terms of the cold weather as well.

We've seen both the Pats and Packers get embarrassed at home in the first playoff game after regular seasons better than this more than once.

We've seen both the Pats and Packers get embarrassed at home in the first playoff game after regular seasons better than this more than once.

We have? The Patriots have been to three straight AFC champ games and a SB the last three years. They have absolutely destroyed their first playoff opponents the last three years running - Denver in 2011, Houston in 2012 and the Colts last year. Green Bay has struggled more recently getting out of the first round but they have never had this run game before and we will see if this defense looks anything like 2010 when they won the whole thing. They were very impressive against a potent Pats offense on Sunday. I do think Seattle could take them out even at Lambeau.

Yes...we have. It happened twice in a row to the Pats once, but I was mainly talking about the Packers. They have gone 1 and done all but 2 times under Rodgers/McCarthy and 1 of those times was only because of that Joe Webb debacle.

The Pats sucked yesterday, but it will probably just have them primed for the playoffs as someone already mentioned.

Yes...we have. It happened twice in a row to the Pats once, but I was mainly talking about the Packers. They have gone 1 and done all but 2 times under Rodgers/McCarthy and 1 of those times was only because of that Joe Webb debacle.

The Pats sucked yesterday, but it will probably just have them primed for the playoffs as someone already mentioned.

Packers will be happy I am sure to see the niners not make it in. They have been their nemesis the last couple of years. We will see but I still think Seattle is capable of stealing the one seed from them and/or going into Lambeau and beating them.

The Pats sucked? Really? They held GB to 26 points at home and only 3 in the second half and were 20 yards away from taking the lead with two minutes to go. We must have different definitions of the word sucked. 

Yes...really. The Packers rarely even win big regular season games, let alone playoff games, but they won that one. I don't know why people ignore this (while claiming Brady and Manning never win big games anymore every time they lose a SB).

GB is really good this year. They have a run game and decent defense around Rodgers. Pats did the same for Brady.

What's playing on the video board isn't what's seen on TV 100% of the time. 

I seriously doubt they cut to a shot of Brady live on the sidelines at that exact moment. 

You seriously doubt the stadium crew would've filmed Brady at the same time with T.V crew did? Really? What makes you doubt that? If the Television crew is cutting to Brady having a tantrum you seriously doubt that any packer fans would want to miss that on the jumbo-tron? I would love to hear the logic that brought you to such a conclusion.

What do you believe was currently on the Jumbo-Tron than? And why do you believe people working at Lambeau wanted to stop that from reaching the big screen? If the television crews caught it you would have to be delusional to think it would be impossible for the stadium workers to get that same footage up on the big screen.

Because while neither of us know what was on that Jumbo-Tron (maybe a Packer fan who was there will tell us) but I wouldn't seriously doubt either outcome... and not sure you can with any certainty, that is unless you have specific information that you have not yet shared...

(FYI those camera's that are filming what are seeing on the jumbo-tron are the same cameras filming for TV so I would say the odds are against your "serious doubts" and that you should look more into this and on field cameras before making such nearly conclusive claims. I can't deduce any logic or see any argument from you as to what else would've been on the big screen so like most of America I am left to assume it was Bradys Tantrum).

Give credit to the Packers. They played a very good game on D and of course their offense is fantastic. NE did a good job of limiting them in the second half, but the Pats just couldn't get it rolling on the other side. Too many stalled drives and the penalties hurt them in this one. 

If you woke up today without watching the game and only looked at the time-of-possession and overall yards, you'd think that GB rolled in this one. But the Patriots were a play away from taking the lead at the end there. It would have been an amazing catch but the throw to Gronk in the end zone was their best shot and they came up a tiny bit short. As lopsided as it felt at times, Brady had them right where they needed to be, and they just couldn't close the deal. 

Any loss sucks, but the Patriots played the NFC's best (and hottest) team to a five-point game in their house. They had no pass rush at all (Rodgers held the ball for literally 11 seconds on one play) but they hung in there. I'd like their chances in a rematch on a neutral field. 

GB made more plays, they earned it. Simple as that. 

We're on to San Diego.  ;)

Yep, other than the TD pass to Nelson, our secondary played well, yes they did get burned twice, but other than that the pass D was good, we just have to fix our pass rush and our defensive tackles need to generate and try to collapse the pocket, I feel that Vince is only sitting in the middle to stop the run and that's it, we need more out of him.

You seriously doubt the stadium crew would've filmed Brady at the same time with T.V crew did? Really? What makes you doubt that? If the Television crew is cutting to Brady having a tantrum you seriously doubt that any packer fans would want to miss that on the jumbo-tron? I would love to hear the logic that brought you to such a conclusion.

What do you believe was currently on the Jumbo-Tron than? And why do you believe people working at Lambeau wanted to stop that from reaching the big screen? If the television crews caught it you would have to be delusional to think it would be impossible for the stadium workers to get that same footage up on the big screen.

Because while neither of us know what was on that Jumbo-Tron (maybe a Packer fan who was there will tell us) but I wouldn't seriously doubt either outcome... and not sure you can with any certainty, that is unless you have specific information that you have not yet shared...

(FYI those camera's that are filming what are seeing on the jumbo-tron are the same cameras filming for TV so I would say the odds are against your "serious doubts" and that you should look more into this and on field cameras before making such nearly conclusive claims. I can't deduce any logic or see any argument from you as to what else would've been on the big screen so like most of America I am left to assume it was Bradys Tantrum).

Jeebuz dude, overreact much?

I said I seriously doubt it because I've been to NFL football games. I don't know how it's handled at Lambeau. But I can't recall any instance where, while attending games at Gillette, any player on the opposing bench was put up on the big screen. I know it happens (that was one of Manning's complaints a few weeks ago, when it found it "disrespectful" to put Philip Rivers up there) but I don't know that it's common. I mean, Manning said he thought it was inappropriate, so my assumption was that it was unusual, and I thought of that yesterday when this thread came up.

So, your over-zealous attack on my "delusional" comment and perceived faulty logic aside, that's my reasoning. 

For the record, some of you couldn't have been more Nancy-ish about this non-story. Seriously. I don't know if this is a football board or a needlepoint club when I read this thread.

WATCH: Peyton Manning curses Donald Brown in 2010
By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer

October 2, 2014 11:25 am ET

img15482969.jpgPeyton Manning wasn't always so happy with his Colts teammates. (USATSI)

So, this made me laugh this morning. Thanks to the Indianapolis Star's Zak Keefer, who calls the play below his favorite moment ever from the Colts-Ravens rivalry, for the reminder.

I present you Peyton Manning and Donald Brown from Indianapolis' 2010 playoff win vs. Baltimore.

"darn it, Donald!" indeed.

Manning's frustration might have stemmed from the theory that Brown was supposed to go left to block -- Manning does yell "LEFT!" before taking the shotgun snap -- but instead went right. It didn't matter since Brown didn't much of anything to impeded the progress of the four (!) Ravens defenders who had their eyes directed toward Manning and were advancing to do major harm.

Luckily for all involved, nobody was hurt, and the Colts went on to win the game.

Perhaps Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson can reprise those roles this Sunday when the Colts face the Ravens.

Either way, I've seriously watched the above clip at least 10 times this morning. I've laughed heartily each time. 

Yeah, Jones would have given them their best shot of winning a 1-on-1 battle sending only 3 or 4 after the QB.

Rodgers called the Pats' rush "calculated" because, he said, at times they sort of pulled up to make sure that they kept outside containment on him. I didn't really watch that part of the field during the game but from the sounds of it the game plan wasn't to get after him. That hurt them at times for sure, including the final (meaningful) play where GB picked up that last 1st down. If they do get a rematch I hope we see a little more aggressiveness from NE. 

Jones made the trip to GB and SD, so hopefully he will be suited up on Sunday against the Chargers. 

Yeah, Jones would have given them their best shot of winning a 1-on-1 battle sending only 3 or 4 after the QB.

Rodgers called the Pats' rush "calculated" because, he said, at times they sort of pulled up to make sure that they kept outside containment on him. I didn't really watch that part of the field during the game but from the sounds of it the game plan wasn't to get after him. That hurt them at times for sure, including the final (meaningful) play where GB picked up that last 1st down. If they do get a rematch I hope we see a little more aggressiveness from NE.

Jones made the trip to GB and SD, so hopefully he will be suited up on Sunday against the Chargers.

Yea I think that was deinitely part of the ganeplan, but there were still quite a few plays where he just had 7 or more seconds to survey the field and I think Jones would have made 3 to 4 plays in those situations.

I agree I hope they get more aggressive I'd they ever meet again this year, I'd rather make Rodgers run it and take some shots from the defense than have him sit back and sling it 30 yards down the field, which just completely gasses our defense

I agree I hope they get more aggressive I'd they ever meet again this year, I'd rather make Rodgers run it and take some shots from the defense than have him sit back and sling it 30 yards down the field, which just completely gasses our defense

Yup. Gotta go get him. Easier said than done given how mobile he is, but it's still a better option than sitting back letting him tear the secondary apart.

Rodgers probably won't get rattled even if you pound him all night. HOWEVER, you can still disrupt plays and limit the damage by not giving him all day...that's just suicide. Rodgers and Brady are the two guys you simply can't give all day to or they will ruin you by hitting whoever comes open 99% of the time.