Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+3) @ Green Bay (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

An uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration.

synonyms: fit of temper, fit of rage, fit, outburst.

He was filmed repeating the same swear word over and over as loud as he could after losing a children's game played by adults. What are we missing here?

how is what he did uncontrolled? . . . and you are saying we are missing something . . . where is the uncontrolled aspect of what he did . . . he purposely yelled out swear words in a spaced out manner and away from people . . . not sure what you saw, but I know I what I saw and it was far from uncontrolled . . .

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration.

synonyms:

fit of temper, fit of rage, fit, outburst.

He was filmed repeating the same swear word over and over as loud as he could after losing a children's game played by adults. What are we missing here?

If you saw that as a tantrum you've never seen a tantrum.

He threw a tantrum his behavior is very accurate with the defination

Do you just come to get threads closed? Is that all you can talk about after that great game? Really? I get you hate the Patriots but that was an awesome game. And likely to be the rematch for the Super Bowl.

its not an tantrum and you know it ;)  . . . otherwise every player that yells out in anger after missed play or game is throwing a "tantrum" which happens about 100 times each Sunday . . .

Bradys are just on another level arm flailing around spit flying then goes and sits alone at the end of the bleacher . Classic Brady . I do admire the guys drive to win he has passion for the game

So a Pats fan can whine about calls but another guy saying it's the other way around is of base gotcha ya

Do you just come to get threads closed? Is that all you can talk about after that great game? Really? I get you hate the Patriots but that was an awesome game. And likely to be the rematch for the Super Bowl.

how is what he did uncontrolled? . . . and you are saying we are missing something . . . where is the uncontrolled aspect of what he did . . . he purposely yelled out swear words in a spaced out manner and away from people . . . not sure what you saw, but I know I what I saw and it was far from uncontrolled . . .

Lol you make it sound like he used a bunch of different words rather than the same one over and over and over. Whether you agree with it or not the N.F.L has stricter rules regarding this type of thing so it will be debated when it comes up (penalty or not). A controlled man doesn't use that word that many times in a row. That's the textbook definition of a tantrum or losing your cool as we just pointed out. I would not be surprised to see a fine and or apology. I understand you're just defending your guy but I'm sure if you have a little one you wouldn't let him watch a T.V show where a character did or acted like that. It would be far from the PG product the NFL is going for.

And before you pull the typical Ace up your sleeve "the old footage of Manning yelling at Saturday". That was him having a tantrum I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Colts fan who disagrees with you on that one so let me save you that effort. Even though Manning was able to spew out coherent sentences along with the swear words.... Rather than just cussing for the sake of cussing. Either way it's a tantrum.

If he were going to throw a tantrum, it should have involved him kneeing that little * McDaniels in the stomach and telling him that those sideline passes aren't working.

This game just showed me that the SB will be between 2 teams who took their lumps along the way. There is just no way that the Pats, Packers, Broncos, Cards, etc get past more than 1 of the Chargers, Seahawks, 49ers, etc of the league.

If you saw that as a tantrum you've never seen a tantrum.

lol so if you saw a person say that word in public as loud as he could that many times you would not think twice? Even at Wal-mart that would gather most of the whole stores attention. I know at any job I've ever worked at that is when you call security/the police when someone is doing that. Go ahead go to out to your local restaurant try that and try explaining how your not having a tantrum and how this is America while they drag you into a police car for a public disturbance.

lol so if you saw a person say that word in public as loud as he could that many times you would not think twice? Even at Wal-mart that would gather most of the whole stores attention. I know at any job I've ever worked at that is when you call security/the police when someone is doing that. Go ahead go to out to your local restaurant try that and try explaining how your not having a tantrum and how this is America while they drag you into a police car for a public disturbance.

Really? For your sake I hope you're trolling.

Really? For your sake I hope you're trolling.

Nope, I've seen people removed from sporting events for using that word, and they used it less times. So don't worry about "my sake" because if fans can't do that than why can star players on T.V? Makes logical sense to me so you can stopping questioning "my sake" now :P

But no your argument that Brady can use it as many times as he wants and it can't be labeled as loosing composure totally makes sense... and isn't elitist at all. Contrary to any new rules/penalties you are clearly not aware of. Those penalties have been called many times this year just check with Cutler.

Nope, I've seen people removed from sporting events for using that word, and they used it less times.

But no your argument that Brady can use it as many times as he wants and it can't be labeled as loosing composure totally makes sense... and isn't elitist at all. Contrary to any new rules/penalties you are clearly not aware of. Those penalties have been called many times this year just check with Cutler.

Are you for real?

Talent, and smart play by the quarterback won the Packers the game. Brady on the other hand was not very accurate when he threw the ball more than

We watched different game apparently.

Apparently someone was watching an old tape, or something Brady has had some good games this year... but has also had his share of games in which he was missing guys left and right. The plays that were made were shorter passes in which receivers made into bigger plays. There is nothing wrong with that, but I know what I saw. Odds are you saw the same, but just don't want to admit it.

Midwest sensibilities are on full display again.

Someone disagrees with you, or makes a comment that you didn't like so you attack an entire area of the country?!? Good lord, you need to learn to handle criticism better. 

Apparently someone was watching an old tape, or something Brady has had some good games this year... but has also had his share of games in which he was missing guys left and right. The plays that were made were shorter passes in which receivers made into bigger plays. There is nothing wrong with that, but I know what I saw. Odds are you saw the same, but just don't want to admit it.

Someone disagrees with you, or makes a comment that you didn't like so you attack an entire area of the country?!? Good lord, you need to learn to handle criticism better.

Why this troll is still posting here is beyond me.

Lol you make it sound like he used a bunch of different words rather than the same one over and over and over. Whether you agree with it or not the N.F.L has stricter rules regarding this type of thing so it will be debated when it comes up (penalty or not). A controlled man doesn't use that word that many times in a row. That's the textbook definition of a tantrum or losing your cool as we just pointed out. I would not be surprised to see a fine and or apology. I understand you're just defending your guy but I'm sure if you have a little one you wouldn't let him watch a T.V show where a character did or acted like that. It would be far from the PG product the NFL is going for.

And before you pull the typical Ace up your sleeve "the old footage of Manning yelling at Saturday". That was him having a tantrum I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Colts fan who disagrees with you on that one so let me save you that effort. Even though Manning was able to spew out coherent sentences along with the swear words.... Rather than just cussing for the sake of cussing. Either way it's a tantrum.

you didn't just post this did you ? . . .

Where exactly is the rule on the NFL regarding this word and more importantly the location of its usage?

Maybe CBS should not have shown Brady on the TV, he was on the sidelines and not in the field of play . . . maybe CBS should not focus in on a player on the sidelines . . . if you think all 90 players on the sidelines do not swear during the game, then you are extremely naïve . . . the fact that the TV camera focused on one of them is not the latter's fault . . . 

and your "uncontrolled" argument is weak at best . . . a person on the heels of a tough loss who pauses then gives out 4 swears equally spaced out on the sidelines and stops with no body movement is not uncontrolled, no matter how you try to spin it . . . not that Brady has not gone on the deep end in the past (for example early last year when he was berating his WRs on the sidelines in game one throwing stuff to the ground), but this one is not an example of it . . . sorry but nice try though  . . .

do you feel the same way if GB looses to Detroit the last game of the season and GB is a wildcard? . . . still time left in the season . . . GB and NE could loose and Denver could run the table and the MVP may go to Manning . . .

I don't think GB will lose to Detroit again, but I suppose if they did finish the season badly, he wouldn't get it.