Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (+3) @ Green Bay (11-30-14)

oldunclemark

CBS - 4:25 EST Mid-20s and cloudy..no snow

over-under - 49

NE has won 5 in a row...4 in a row by 20 points or more

GB (8-3) has won three in a row....Aaron Rodgers has 30 TD passes and 3 interceptions.

Both teams allows over 350 yards a game which suggest an 'over'

Hard not to take Green bay at home but those 3 points would make you stay away and take the 'over',

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is hyped because of Rodgers/Brady but NE is better than GB at almost every other position outside of QB. I think NE takes this game the way they have vs the NFC North teams and wins by 2-3 scores. I don't see Rodgers lighting it up vs this secondary.

This game is hyped because of Rodgers/Brady but NE is better than GB at almost every other position outside of QB. I think NE takes this game the way they have vs the NFC North teams and wins by 2-3 scores. I don't see Rodgers lighting it up vs this secondary.

Both defenses have given up a lot of yards. Remember..the Pats are stiil short J Mayo and Chandler Jones on defense from the start of the year. That will matter here.

Al, signs point to a high scoring game

Both defenses have given up a lot of yards. Remember..the Pats are stiil short J Mayo and Chandler Jones on defense from the start of the year. That will matter here.

Al, signs point to a high scoring game

Jones was back at practice this week so looks like he will play.

Pats secondary is MUCH better than GB. Rodgers will struggle the same as Manning, Luck and Stafford. Brady will carve up GB unless the pass rush can get there but Pats Oline has been dominant especially vs the NFC.

This should be a good game. I'm expecting the Patriots to bring more of an Indy-type game plan on this one. I think they can push the Packers' run D around a little and set up play action for Brady. Healthy doses of both Blount and Jonas Gray? 

The key will be the first 15 minutes of the game. The Packers are thumping opponents in the first quarter at home. They get other teams playing from behind and it covers a lot of holes on their defense. If the Pats can hang with them and withstand the initial few blows then I like their chances in this one. They have a much better defense, especially in the secondary, and they should be able to put up enough points. 

I've picked against NE recently in big games but I like them in this one. Something in the range of 38-31. 

This should be a good game. I'm expecting the Patriots to bring more of an Indy-type game plan on this one. I think they can push the Packers' run D around a little and set up play action for Brady. Healthy doses of both Blount and Jonas Gray? 

The key will be the first 15 minutes of the game. The Packers are thumping opponents in the first quarter at home. They get other teams playing from behind and it covers a lot of holes on their defense. If the Pats can hang with them and withstand the initial few blows then I like their chances in this one. They have a much better defense, especially in the secondary, and they should be able to put up enough points. 

I've picked against NE recently in big games but I like them in this one. Something in the range of 38-31. 

The Packers will not score 30, book it. I just do not see it unless their D gets a score which rarely happens vs Brady and the Pats. It will be a low 30s or high 20s type of game.

I do think Rodgers will test whoever Brandon Browner goes against because if you beat Browner's jam and they are not providing safety help over the top for Browner (which they have not been most of the time), Rodgers can thread the needle with his arm with the wide out in stride.

The Packers will not score 30, book it. I just do not see it unless their D gets a score which rarely happens vs Brady and the Pats. It will be a low 30s or high 20s type of game.

I do think Rodgers will test whoever Brandon Browner goes against because if you beat Browner's jam and they are not providing safety help over the top for Browner (which they have not been most of the time), Rodgers can thread the needle with his arm with the wide out in stride.

Yeah that's been pretty consistent (giving Browner a little help over the top) because it lets him be aggressive, which is when he's at his best. For the most part I'm guessing Revis will be lined up with Cobb but as you know the Patriots mix it up a ton. 

Yeah that's been pretty consistent (giving Browner a little help over the top) because it lets him be aggressive, which is when he's at his best. For the most part I'm guessing Revis will be lined up with Cobb but as you know the Patriots mix it up a ton. 

Yeah, but I think Jordy is more dangerous and he has the speed to get past Browner or any other CB but Revis and hurt them, IMO with Rodgers' accuracy. Belichick might need to consider putting Revis on Jordy.

Of course, I have a vested interest in this too because I have Randall Cobb in 2 must win FF league matchups :).

Yeah, but I think Jordy is more dangerous and he has the speed to get past Browner or any other CB but Revis and hurt them, IMO with Rodgers' accuracy. Belichick might need to consider putting Revis on Jordy.

Of course, I have a vested interest in this too because I have Randall Cobb in 2 must win FF league matchups :).

Nelson is the bigger receiver, so that's what I was kind of thinking. That's how they handled Detroit for the most part (Browner on Megatron with help, Revis on Tate by himself). McCourty's job will be to make sure Nelson doesn't get behind Browner. 

They'll mix it up like I said, but that's my best guess. 

Typical Patriots steamroll or the Pack eeks one out.

It will take a combination of the Pats playing uncharacteristically poor and the Pack playing very well for GB to win. Either that, or just get to Brady all night. Not sure GB has the pass rush for it.

If #12 gets all the time he needs, GB will be just another pig up for slaughter...only they have a better shot than most at keeping it close with that QB.

I think we see plenty of yards and both teams moving up and down the field but NE keeps GB out of the endzone for the most part. They have a much much better defense and the offenses I think are pretty well on par. I take NE and the points all day every day. 34-30

This thing is going to be decided by a difference of 56 points. That's all the information I have lol!

I can't pick which team will be on which side. Then how do you know wth you're talking about??? Fair question...

Every big Packers regular season game is either Rodgers sucking on black hole levels or Rodgers balling on a team who forgot how to play football for a week.

Packers won the toss, elected to receive (they usually defer). Why?

Game over.

Patriots win.

Patriots get 14 uncontested points at the end of the 1st half/start of the 2nd half

Time for a quick punt and then for Brady to blow down the field to put this game out of reach