Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All off the Falcons bandwagon....again

Synthetic

They beat up on 2 really bad teams for two weeks, then this week lose to the Browns after picking off Hoyer 3 times.

Atlanta is now 4-7 and of those 4 wins, all 4 of them are divisional wins. Love to hear how this team is so awesome just cause they have a one dimensional quarterback that plays like a robot.

Falcons fans are an interesting group.  The truth is that there are very few die-hard Falcons fans in Atlanta; you'll always have those but many are fair-weather fans.  Many fans like the team but don't expect much-just like our Colts in the pre-Manning/Harbaugh and post-Unitas era.  

The team in Georgia is the Dawgs or even Alabama or Auburn for some.  College ball is more important to fans in Atlanta.  

I used to go to Falcons games when I lived there but I couldn't get into them that much. 1) I'm a Colts fan  2) There wasn't much to cheer about---I was there for Vick's first start, though.  

Falcons fans are an interesting group.  The truth is that there are very few die-hard Falcons fans in Atlanta; you'll always have those but many are fair-weather fans.  Many fans like the team but don't expect much-just like our Colts in the pre-Manning/Harbaugh and post-Unitas era.  

The team in Georgia is the Dawgs or even Alabama or Auburn for some.  College ball is more important to fans in Atlanta.  

I used to go to Falcons games when I lived there but I couldn't get into them that much. 1) I'm a Colts fan  2) There wasn't much to cheer about---I was there for Vick's first start, though.  

I think the Braves get more support than the Falcons. Atlanta is a little like the Cardinals in St. Louis.

They beat up on 2 really bad teams for two weeks, then this week lose to the Browns after picking off Hoyer 3 times.

Atlanta is now 4-7 and of those 4 wins, all 4 of them are divisional wins. Love to hear how this team is so awesome just cause they have a one dimensional quarterback that plays like a robot.

And if the Ravens beat you tonight, Atlanta is back in first at 4-7.

I never thought I would see a division that was actually worse than the NFC East the past couple of seasons. But the South is that bad.

The Ravens blew the whole team up and they went 8-8, and now 7-4 this year. Atlanta has been designated a contender last year, and what is going on this year ? Ryan has also had better receivers over the years.

Atlanta has been steadily declining for the past few seasons. Smith is not a good coach either. Ozzie is a also a MUCH better GM than Dimitroff. Turns around begin with the GM and coach. Ravens have that in spades over the Falcons despite having the worse QB.

Atlanta has been steadily declining for the past few seasons. Smith is not a good coach either. Ozzie is a also a MUCH better GM than Dimitroff. Turns around begin with the GM and coach. Ravens have that in spades over the Falcons despite having the worse QB.

I will agree on the GM, but disagree with the quarterback. Flacco gets the job done in big games, Ryan does not.

I will agree on the GM, but disagree with the quarterback. Flacco gets the job done in big games, Ryan does not.

Is that your only judging stick? Flacco's post-season numbers were not very good prior to 2012. The team was largely carried by Rice and the defense. And even in 2012, the defense only let up on average 14 points vs Luck, Brady, Manning. But Flacco had a really nice run. So he does have that to his credit.

If I had the choice between the two, I would choose Ryan easily. I think you are further seeing Joe's mediocre ability now that his defense is not as dominant. He was pretty bad last year too.

Is that your only judging stick? Flacco's post-season numbers were not very good prior to 2012. The team was largely carried by Rice and the defense. And even in 2012, the defense only let up on average 14 points vs Luck, Brady, Manning. But Flacco had a really nice run. So he does have that to his credit.

If I had the choice between the two, I would choose Ryan easily. I think you are further seeing Joe's mediocre ability now that his defense is not as dominant. He was pretty bad last year too.

Even if you take out 2012, Flacco would be 5-4 versus Ryan 1-4, but you can't take out the Super Bowl and the 9-4 record post season. Flacco's individual stats are slightly lower, but he's never had consistent receivers that Ryan has enjoyed with Roddy White and Julio Jones. I think regular season wins Flacco is slightly higher , so then

It gets down to the most important factor , post season , and that goes to Joe Cool, and makes him the better quarterback .

Even if you take out 2012, Flacco would be 5-4 versus Ryan 1-4, but you can't take out the Super Bowl and the 9-4 record post season. Flacco's individual stats are slightly lower, but he's never had consistent receivers that Ryan has enjoyed with Roddy White and Julio Jones. I think regular season wins Flacco is slightly higher , so then

It gets down to the most important factor , post season , and that goes to Joe Cool, and makes him the better quarterback .

Wins are more of a factor of the team and Joe has had the much better defense and run game. His targets have not been bad either with Boldin, Heap, Mason, Torrey Smith and now Steve Smith who has been playing great this year. And again Joe has had the MUCH better GM and head coach. Ryan statistically is better.

Wins are more of a factor of the team and Joe has had the much better defense and run game. His targets have not been bad either with Boldin, Heap, Mason, Torrey Smith and now Steve Smith who has been playing great this year. And again Joe has had the MUCH better GM and head coach. Ryan statistically is better.

He is ahead in personal stats, but it's pretty comparable and not that far off. Granted the coach and GM are better, but Flacco also beat the Patriots twice in the playoffs in NE. He has won a lot of road playoff wins, not an easy feat to pull off in the NFL. Maybe you are different, but if the stats are close, I will take the guy with 9 playoff wins, 1 AFC Championship win, 1 Super Bowl win, 1 Super Bowl MVP, and two other AFC Championship game appearances, over the guy with one playoff win. Not to mention that he drove the Ravens down the field in 2011 in the Championship game, and out the ball right in Lee Evans hands who dropped it with seconds left. Should have been two Super Bowls !

He is ahead in personal stats, but it's pretty comparable and not that far off. Granted the coach and GM are better, but Flacco also beat the Patriots twice in the playoffs in NE. He has won a lot of road playoff wins, not an easy feat to pull off in the NFL. Maybe you are different, but if the stats are close, I will take the guy with 9 playoff wins, 1 AFC Championship win, 1 Super Bowl win, 1 Super Bowl MVP, and two other AFC Championship game appearances, over the guy with one playoff win. Not to mention that he drove the Ravens down the field in 2011 in the Championship game, and out the ball right in Lee Evans hands who dropped it with seconds left. Should have been two Super Bowls !

I think his success is more a function of his team. So I would still take Ryan especially if he was QBing the Ravens.

Ryan has not been a complete dud in the post-season. He had a great comeback win over the Seahawks two years ago and almost beat the niners to go to the Super Bowl when his GW drive fell just short and could have  been extended on a penalty.

I don't think anyone is on any bandwaggon in that division. What is sad is one of those teams would get a home game in the playoffs. Imagine for a second that say NO gets a home game IN THE DOME against say Dallas or SF. I could see them winning that...heck I could see them winning a couple games if they then got to go to Dallas or ARI....but really nobody is on the bandwaggon down there. A bunch of bad teams really.

Flacco vs Ryan...imo thats a pretty close call. Ryan has NO offensive line and NO defense....and NO running game...and a coach that has basically blown two games almost by himself...but I do like Flaccos leadership. I would say he is a Tom Brady or Drew Brees type leader but clearly he is confident in the big games. I think if you reversed their situations they both would end up looking basically the same as the other is doing now. I think they are both overpaid but much better than most alternatives out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of predictions that aren't as bold as people will think.

The Saints, who are down 17 to the Panthers, will come back and win. Comebacks are a dime a dozen in this era.

The Falcons will hang around in Green Bay. If they hang around long enough, they'll win. The Falcons have always gave the Packers problems. The Packer's luck will run out. Rodgers is still not a clutch quarterback and if he fumbles at the goal line again his OLman might not fall on it. He's also not good in cold games. This would make 2 win in them in a row.