Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Officiating

coltsfanmilyman

Far be it from me to say that the loss was anywhere but squarely on the shoulders of everyone on the team, but there were a couple of calls that just completely flabbergasted me.  The fact that TY was pin-balled between 2 defenders and basically thrown to the ground and same thing happened to Reggie on that play.  There were technically 4 PI's on one play. 

Yet the one that really uhhh. . . family friendly. . makes me mad :) is the play with that punk tight end from NE.  His play on Brown was way overboard and if it would have been on another team like the dolphins, or raiders he would have been ejected but since it was Kraft's team, its just a 15yd walk-off and a taunting penalty.  I'm sorry but he shoulda been ejected.  He said that Sergio was flapping his gums and he had to "throw him out the club" well your supposed to rise up, not let it bother you but since the Patriots are the prima donnas of the NFL, its ok.

:rantoff:

:deadhorse:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know if i can agree that it would be an ejection, but it was definitely over the top.  Gronk has always been a trash talker and prima donna.

I think it's most definitely ejection worthy if not a fine is coming his way (oooo like it matters). Erik Walden was fined for head butting Delanie Walker last season. If there's nothing coming for Rob Gronkowski for slamming Sergio into the CBS crane then I've lost all hope for discipline in the NFL.

Far be it from me to say that the loss was anywhere but squarely on the shoulders of everyone on the team, but there were a couple of calls that just completely flabbergasted me. The fact that TY was pin-balled between 2 defenders and basically thrown to the ground and same thing happened to Reggie on that play. There were technically 4 PI's on one play.

Yet the one that really uhhh. . . family friendly. . makes me mad :) is the play with that punk tight end from NE. His play on Brown was way overboard and if it would have been on another team like the dolphins, or raiders he would have been ejected but since it was Kraft's team, its just a 15yd walk-off and a taunting penalty. I'm sorry but he shoulda been ejected. He said that Sergio was flapping his gums and he had to "throw him out the club" well your supposed to rise up, not let it bother you but since the Patriots are the prima donnas of the NFL, its ok.

:rantoff:

:deadhorse:

Just as an FYI, Brown was the guy who broke Gronk's arm. Apparently Brown was taunting him about that.

Officiating sucked big time last night . For as long as I remember BB teams are allowed to bump , hold and knock receivers to Kingdom come. Hell... they even won a SB by Mugging Marshall Fault for 60 minutes. That said , Indy sucked worse than the officiating.

Just as an FYI, Brown was the guy who broke Gronk's arm. Apparently Brown was taunting him about that.

Who cares. Players are talking trash all the time. It's very plain to see by this guy's actions that he's an *. Somehow I have a feeling he'll get a few more shots that will make a knee "bend the wrong way." 

Officiating was HORRIBLE last night, but I don't think it would of mattered, to be honest.

Pats just ran over us. And we couldn't run ourselves...

very true, doubt the overall outcome would have changed. But it's always been the TIMING of the calls/non calls that the Pats seem to get.

that said, their lines just kicked the crap out of the Colts lines.

Yet the one that really uhhh. . . family friendly. . makes me mad :) is the play with that punk tight end from NE.  His play on Brown was way overboard and if it would have been on another team like the dolphins, or raiders he would have been ejected but since it was Kraft's team, its just a 15yd walk-off and a taunting penalty.  I'm sorry but he shoulda been ejected.  He said that Sergio was flapping his gums and he had to "throw him out the club" well your supposed to rise up, not let it bother you but since the Patriots are the prima donnas of the NFL, its ok.

That was the type of play, if Gronk was a Colt, you would have loved. You're mad because YOUR player was running his mouth and he got his butt kicked for it. Not just on the scoreboard either. 

Say what you will about Gronkowski, but for all his goofiness and child-like enthusiasm, he's never shown that kind of aggression toward any player, ever. Even Collinsworth said something to the effect last night of "there's nothing malicious about him." So either Gronk has suddenly developed anger management issues, or Sergio Brown doesn't know when to shut his mouth and play football. 

If he gets fined, great. To quote your former QB, "Money well spent." 

I don't know why people here seem to think you can't discuss how much the officials sucked without bringing up "we would have lost anyways". That doesn't matter, they suck. People don't say "Trent fumbling doesn't matter, we would have lost anyone". The occurance is troubling no matter what affect it had on the game.

That was the type of play, if Gronk was a Colt, you would have loved. You're mad because YOUR player was running his mouth and he got his butt kicked for it. Not just on the scoreboard either. 

Say what you will about Gronkowski, but for all his goofiness and child-like enthusiasm, he's never shown that kind of aggression toward any player, ever. Even Collinsworth said something to the effect last night of "there's nothing malicious about him." So either Gronk has suddenly developed anger management issues, or Sergio Brown doesn't know when to shut his mouth and play football. 

You and I are normally on the same page but not here.  When Walden Headbutted Delanie Walker last year, I was happy he got suspended.  No place for crap like that in this league. Even if Sergio was running his mouth, isn't the "Patriot Way" to rise above and just keep beating teams?  Or has it regressed to bush league tactics and foul play?  Yeah, his goofiness is real evident, after losing a superbowl, he's out getting drunk at a club. :thmup:

Also, you lose brownie points for referencing Collingsworth.  Shame on you!

You and I are normally on the same page but not here.  When Walden Headbutted Delanie Walker last year, I was happy he got suspended.  No place for crap like that in this league. Even if Sergio was running his mouth, isn't the "Patriot Way" to rise above and just keep beating teams?  Or has it regressed to bush league tactics and foul play?  Yeah, his goofiness is real evident, after losing a superbowl, he's out getting drunk at a club. :thmup:

LOL @ the last part, I know...  ;)

Agree to disagree here. It's not like Gronk took a swing, or head-butted a guy. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. He wasn't trying to hurt Brown, he was just putting him on his heiney for running his mouth. 

Again, no history of this kind of thing. He plays the game at 100 mph but has never taken an extra shot at someone. If Brown was really mouthing off about a freak injury he caused that saw Gronk miss significant time in his career (and, no doubt, caused a lot of physical pain and hardship), then I give him a pass on this one for wanting to embarrass him like he did. 

LOL @ the last part, I know...  ;)

Agree to disagree here. It's not like Gronk took a swing, or head-butted a guy. I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. He wasn't trying to hurt Brown, he was just putting him on his heiney for running his mouth. 

Again, no history of this kind of thing. He plays the game at 100 mph but has never taken an extra shot at someone. If Brown was really mouthing off about a freak injury he caused that saw Gronk miss significant time in his career (and, no doubt, caused a lot of physical pain and hardship), then I give him a pass on this one for wanting to embarrass him like he did. 

Gronk did nothing out of line! Don't run your mouth and not back it up...

I would have done the same thing to Brown! lol

Thought of a better comparison:

I used to despise Brandon Meriweather. I was elated when the Patriots released him. He made some big plays at times but I hated his style, his headhunting. No place in the game for that. 

I simply don't see what Gronk did (once) as being on-par with most dirty or malicious plays. 

So every game we lose there is a guaranteed "Officiating" thread in some way...

That's Not The Problem

Uhhhh, no. Not what my original post said at all. The loss is SQUARELY on the colts. My "question" (s) is how was gronk not ejected? How was the pi on TY not called? When he was pin balled between 2 defenders. No where in any of my posts did I say we lost because of officiating, nor did I infer it either. So please stop trying to twist what I'm saying.

Much appreciated.

Thought of a better comparison:

I used to despise Brandon Meriweather. I was elated when the Patriots released him. He made some big plays at times but I hated his style, his headhunting. No place in the game for that.

I simply don't see what Gronk did (once) as being on-par with most dirty or malicious plays.

I get what your saying but there was some malice in it. Especially if brown broke his arm, BUT IMO it could set a bad precedent for the league in general. Like someone else said, stupid on both parts.

As far as the colts, they couldn't do anything right, even talk smack.

Uhhhh, no. Not what my original post said at all. The loss is SQUARELY on the colts. My "question" (s) is how was gronk not ejected? How was the pi on TY not called? When he was pin balled between 2 defenders. No where in any of my posts did I say we lost because of officiating, nor did I infer it either. So please stop trying to twist what I'm saying.

Much appreciated.

I wasn't quoting anything from your OP. I was making a statement towards some of the comments in the thread, which is titled "officiating".

You're Welcome

Yup, this is why I have no problem with what Gronk did. He doesn't trash talk or do those things to everyone he plays, just the people that deserve it.

Sergio broke his arm which kept him out of football, the game he loves, for over a year and was taunting him about it the whole game.

You poke a giant in the eye, especially on a sore subject like his broken forearm, and you're going to get poked back. .. or in this case, completely annihilated across the entire field and out of bounds.

Who in their right mind would poke a beast like Gronk and make him mad?

Yup, this is why I have no problem with what Gronk did. He doesn't trash talk or do those things to everyone he plays, just the people that deserve it.

Sergio broke his arm which kept him out of football, the game he loves, for over a year and was taunting him about it the whole game.

You poke a giant in the eye, especially on a sore subject like his broken forearm, and you're going to get poked back. .. or in this case, completely annihilated across the entire field and out of bounds.

Who in their right mind would poke a beast like Gronk and make him mad?

So Gronk chose to be the bigger man and take a cheap shot? His dancing around on the sideline was also full of class. It's a shame he has gold-chain, ed hardy, white sunglasses syndrome because he's a heack of a talent.

Bingo... Sergio's mouth wrote a check that his you know what couldn't cash.

Gronk does not have a reputation for doing thsee things, but he's the jerk for putting a JAG like Sergio in his place for talking big all game? I don't think so.

Sergio deserved it and I'm glad we got rid of him.

You guys can blame it on calls all you want but fact of the matter is the defense is down right awful.. no calls would have helped us stop the practice squad running back that made our defense like high school kids. It was down right embarrassing. We are a stop run first defense and got straight man handled.. the pats do it every year and expose our team for what it is.

You and I are normally on the same page but not here. When Walden Headbutted Delanie Walker last year, I was happy he got suspended. No place for crap like that in this league. Even if Sergio was running his mouth, isn't the "Patriot Way" to rise above and just keep beating teams? Or has it regressed to bush league tactics and foul play? Yeah, his goofiness is real evident, after losing a superbowl, he's out getting drunk at a club. :thmup:

Also, you lose brownie points for referencing Collingsworth. Shame on you!

They aren't even close to the same thing. . A head butt is an act of violence meant to harm..

Gronk just drove him 35 yards across field like he was a rag doll... it was perfectly legal up until the last 7 or so yards when they went out of bounds.

Maybe Sergio will learn to shut his mouth next time, because Gronk can very easily shut it for him.

So then please tell me where anyone has posted, in this thread, anything saying that the refs cost us the game.

Lol, I just read through the first 12 post and there are several saying the officiating was terrible. Even your claim that there were 4 PI's not called in one play.

Stop being so defensive

Agreed.  Also, early in the game TY was in the endzone and basically arm-barred from going back towards the pass.

What is interesting...and even suspicious if you ask me...is how Collinsworth failed to mention how any of the plays were worthy of an infraction.

On the arm-bar, he said something about a pass being not all that it should.  On the TY bounce around, said something like the NE DBs are physical, and on the Gronk play, he didn't say anything about Gronk committing an error, but mentioned that Sergio Brown, who Gronk put down, was jaw-jabbering all night...almost justifying Gronks actions.

Its suspicious.  The way in which a an announcer for a national network blatantly looks the other way on obvious fouls captured on camera, smells like he knows there will be a pre-determined bias that's going to take place, and is trying to sell it

I would look into Kraft's connection with the Ref's and Vegas.  I'm not kidding.  The way the fouls were commented upon sounded like propaganda to justify a desired outcome more than an objective presentation of the game. 

They aren't even close to the same thing. . A head butt is an act of violence meant to harm..

Gronk just drove him 35 yards across field like he was a rag doll... it was perfectly legal up until the last 7 or so yards when they went out of bounds.

Maybe Sergio will learn to shut his mouth next time, because Gronk can very easily shut it for him.

You made my point for me. He punked him all the way across the field. The nation saw it. Let it go there. No need for him to keep going 7 yards out of bounds. What if when Sergio hit the crane, he was injured seriously. Its one thing to be injured on a freak play(unfortunate for your te) but a complete different thing where a player drives him out of the field of play into something. That's my beef.

Lol, I just read through the first 12 post and there are several saying the officiating was terrible. Even your claim that there were 4 PI's not called in one play.

Stop being so defensive

And they also said it wasn't the reason we lost the game as your original post in red claims.

I'm not defensive, I'm just correcting your assumptions about what is being said

Agreed. Also, early in the game TY was in the endzone and basically arm-barred from going back towards the pass.

What is interesting...and even suspicious if you ask me...is how Collinsworth failed to mention how any of the plays were worthy of an infraction.

On the arm-bar, he said something about a pass being not all that it should. On the TY bounce around, said something like the NE DBs are physical, and on the Gronk play, he didn't say anything about Gronk committing an error, but mentioned that Sergio Brown, who Gronk put down, was jaw-jabbering all night...almost justifying Gronks actions.

Its suspicious. The way in which a an announcer for a national network blatantly looks the other way on obvious fouls captured on camera, smells like he knows there will be a pre-determined bias that's going to take place, and is trying to sell it

I would look into Kraft's connection with the Ref's and Vegas. I'm not kidding. The way the fouls were commented upon sounded like propaganda to justify a desired outcome more than an objective presentation of the game.

Cris collingsworth was the announcer. Mute is your friend

Cris collingsworth was the announcer. Mute is your friend

He doesn't bother me.  Its one thing for an announcer to favor a team...fine.  But what motivates him to ignore the obvious to favor one team? 

Is it part of the NFL's corporate objective and he's one of its propaganda machines?  Even bad announcers aren't usually that biased towards one team...there has to be something more to it.