Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England's remaining schedule

oldunclemark

The Patriots hit the bye on a natural high.

They're 7-2 but now, what are they going to do?

Nov. 16 @ Indianapolis (6-3)

.....2 weeks to plan..how much Luck can they stand?

Nov 23 (home) vs. Detroit (6-2)

......Pats hopes should be flyin' but are they not Lion?

Nov. 30 @ Green Bay (5-3)

......wrapping up Thanskgiving in one big LamBeau

Dec. 7 @ San Diego (5-4)

......from midwest shivers to Old Man Rivers

Dec. 14 (home) vs. Miami (5-3)

.....Got smoked in September....Pats sure to remember

Dec. 23 @ NY Jets (1-8)

.....Could it come down to a kick? Not with Geno or Vick

Dec. 30 Buffalo (5-3)

.....No last weekend thrills if they cant pay the Bills

I dont think anybody has tougher schedule the rest of the way than New England.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well dvoa has them winning 10.8 games. Call it 11. That gives them 3 losses on the above schedule.

It would be unlikely they continue the current high tempo.

All those teams have something to play for except the Jets but they always want to play vs the Pats.

If they can cut it down to two losses they will be doing great. Preferably not to an AFC team :)

Dec. 7 @ San Diego (5-4)

Dec. 23 @ NY Jets (1-8)

Dec. 30 Buffalo (5-3)

Any thoughts?

I love your clever post... ;)

I think the Pats win the majority of these games,  hopefully one of their losses is in Indy.   :applause:

Pats can end up with an 11-5 record due to their remaining tough schedule.

This AFC and the Pats' schedule doesn't go well for the Pats this season.  All these teams listed below can finish with better records than the Pats...

Broncos

Colts

Browns

Steelers

and YES the Dolphins

This Indy game will determine the Pats' season I believe.  If they beat the Colts they get the tie breaker over the Broncos and Colts if all three finish with the same record.  If the Pats lose to the Colts the Pats will have to sweep the remaining teams on their schedule and the pressure is all on the Pats.

There's a possibility a 12-4 AFC team might not make the playoffs this season in the AFC.  It's that loaded.  The AFC is much better than the NFC this season.

It really is quite the gauntlet. They already handled Denver which, in theory, should be the toughest game out of the lot.

Even if NE drops a game or two during the remaining stretch, given how tough it is I wouldn't consider it a mark against them. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if NE beat everyone on that list. (Health permitting)

Miami and Detroit probably match up against them better than the rest.

Indy, GB and SD all  have good or better QB's so we have a shot, too. I don't trust the defenses.

Saving the worst for last, the Bills and Jets. A puncher's chance on the former and no chance in hell for the latter.

It really is quite the gauntlet. They already handled Denver which, in theory, should be the toughest game out of the lot.

Even if NE drops a game or two during the remaining stretch, given how tough it is I wouldn't consider it a mark against them. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if NE beat everyone on that list. (Health permitting)

Miami and Detroit probably match up against them better than the rest.

Indy, GB and SD all  have good or better QB's so we have a shot, too. I don't trust the defenses.

Saving the worst for last, the Bills and Jets. A puncher's chance on the former and no chance in hell for the latter.

what you fail to realize is the pats suck versus the run so the only teams with a shot to beat them are those with good running games and a decent d.  packers prob could. detriot has good d but running game is suspect. chargers don't stand a chance. Bills may if fred jackson is healthy. jets can if they run the ball. I doubt dolphins can sweep pats

For a team we've seen meltdown in the post season now for 10 years straight, I will never understand why people are so scared of New England.

Even if they get the #1 seed, it's no guarantee that they win it all.

I hear what you're saying,  but keep in mind Gronk was out for the playoffs last year, and he is definitely a difference maker.  I would not be so quick to predict a meltdown.

Dec. 7 @ San Diego (5-4)

Dec. 23 @ NY Jets (1-8)

Dec. 30 Buffalo (5-3)

Any thoughts?

Great write up lol.

Here are my thoughts:

The Patriots schedule is tough on paper, but in a league dictated by match ups, it isn't that bad.

The Packers are a team a lot of teams should be scared of, but should the Patriots? Will the Patriots #1 secondary with Browner, Revis and McCourty allow the Packers to keep pace with Brady shredding their soft, weak defense? I seriously, seriously doubt it, even in Green Bay. The Patriots are just a bad match up for the Packers. Unlike a lot of teams, our D should be able to slow Rodgers down and the Packer D will likely get completely rolled over by NE's O.

Detroit is a potential tough match up for us but it's at home.

Miami is a warm weather team that will have to play us in the Razor in frigid December.

I think we match up well against Indianapolis for reasons similar to Green Bay with slight variations. Your D is better than Green Bay's but Indy is still weak over the middle where Tom attacks better than anyone, and Belichick's defense should continue on with creating turn overs against a gunslinging QB who throws his share of INT's. NE will make you pay for them and the Colts will have no answer for Gronk.

San Diego at home could be tough.

Tom Brady is like 23-2 against Buffalo or something like that. We crushed them in their own stadium. We'll crush them again at home.

NYJ had their chance. Next game will be annihilation.

If we come out of Indy with a win, NE's vaunted late season gauntlet will suddenly not look so bad.

I'm glad that the best quarterbacks actually have some big games this year. Aside from the token Brady/Manning, Manning/Luck games that we get some of the time, it seems like Brady, Manning and Rodgers get nothing but easy games. I know it's not true but it seems like the only tough games Aaron Rodgers has ever played have been against whatever NFCW team he ended up against in the playoffs. Manning's schedule is a little easier from here on out but it was loaded to start with.

I'm glad that the best quarterbacks actually have some big games this year. Aside from the token Brady/Manning, Manning/Luck games that we get some of the time, it seems like Brady, Manning and Rodgers get nothing but easy games. I know it's not true but it seems like the only tough games Aaron Rodgers has ever played have been against whatever NFCW team he ended up against in the playoffs. Manning's schedule is a little easier from here on out but it was loaded to start with.

Next year we get Manning-Rodgers (and Manning-Cutler)

..and I think we get Luck-Brees in 2015, too, right?

Ironically, this is the first Brady/Rodgers matchup after years of irrelevant Pats/Packer games since 2002. Favre went down in the 1st quarter in 2006 and Rodgers in 2010. Favre/Brady is thin too. Brady missed 2008 and 2010 counts but...yeah...2010 lol!

Meanwhile 1 of the only big games Rodgers has ever won was his 1 game against Manning...a forgotten matchup from 2008.

This AFC and the Pats' schedule doesn't go well for the Pats this season.  All these teams listed below can finish with better records than the Pats...

Broncos

Colts

Browns

Steelers

and YES the Dolphins

This Indy game will determine the Pats' season I believe.  If they beat the Colts they get the tie breaker over the Broncos and Colts if all three finish with the same record.  If the Pats lose to the Colts the Pats will have to sweep the remaining teams on their schedule and the pressure is all on the Pats.

There's a possibility a 12-4 AFC team might not make the playoffs this season in the AFC.  It's that loaded.  The AFC is much better than the NFC this season.

Yep. I've been saying all season the AFC will take the Super Bowl this year .

The next 5 weeks is absolutely brutal for the Pats.

And they're going to respond to it.. and once they're done.. there will still be people making excuses about how "their schedule was overrated", "they're not that good", etc etc etc.

I predict they drop 2 more games.. but the Broncos have to go on the road 6 more times this year and I think they'll drop 1-2 more games with their cupcake schedule.. 

even if they dont... i have no fears about Brady, the greatest QB to EVER play this game, and the Patriots marching into Mile High Stadium and smacking Manning around for another 4 quarters to such an extent that Manning contemplates retirement.

Go Pats!

All those teams have something to play for except the Jets but they always want to play vs the Pats.

And the Pats have nothing to play for? 

How about every little peasant, couch warming nobody and the media WEASELS who jumped on the "Brady is done, Patriots are average" bandwagon?

The Pats aren't finished.. there's something special this year about them that no Statistic could ever possibly show on an excel spreadsheet.

that has to be the toughest 7 game stretch in the Brady era for the Pats

And Brady will respond like a true Leader and Champion. 

If they make it through that schedule, I wonder what excuse we'll hear next?  There is no team on the Patriots schedule that I fear anymore..  I have seen this team's true character and toughness over the last several weeks..

Every team that is placed in front of the Patriots is just target practice for the playoffs.

I hope they get to face that Inferior, Pizza-Boy QB Manning again in the post-season and continue to smack him around some more.

Broncos

Colts

Browns

Steelers

and YES the Dolphins

They'll be 13-3 with home field advantage throughout the playoffs, where they'll be waiting in Blizzard conditions for dough-boy w/ extra pepperoni Manning to come in and get smoked again.

The next loss will be @ Colts or @ Jets.   The Colts actually have a spine this year, I saw that defense in the Giants game and they're hard nosed and tough.. and they have an offense that can score some points and are lead by a young gun that cares about the game of football and has something to prove besides how many pizzas he can sell and how much garbage time stats he can rack up to pad his resume.