Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep in mind this team just played 4 days ago

cmgww

For all the hand wringing (a lot of it deserved)....this Colts team just went on the road against a desperate Texans team and won. Missing Hugh Thornton, Mewhort, Butler...having to travel (always a big disadvantage for away teams on these Thursday night games)...

I know the Texans played tonight as well, but as the home team they had the advantage.

Bottom line, we need to clean up some things for sure. But a divisional road win, on 4 days rest no less, is a good thing. Too close for my liking, but it's still a W.

And thank God no more Thursday games this year! Maybe next season we'll get one at home. It has been awhile.

Played 4 days ago and was the traveling team. Now they can recoup on a mini bye and hopefully get Butler and Mewhort back(I think Art Jones too) and get ready for the Bengals

Heck, we even get Irsay back after this one!

The one advantage that Indy has is that virtually any away game is only half the country away. No coast-to-coast flights on a Thursday night game. It's a nice advantage to have.

Going to say, now you get a week and a half off. With your game over with and with the W in hand, enjoy the rest of the action on Sunday!

So nice to know Sunday will be football stress free. I can just enjoy whatever random game I tune in to.

We are still undefeated on Thursday night games 8-0

even longer steak we played some before Thursday Night Football became regular thing. What's impressive about the most recent streak is only one has been at home and if you look at the numbers being the home team on Thursday night has been a huge advantage.

For all the hand wringing (a lot of it deserved)....this Colts team just went on the road against a desperate Texans team and won. Missing Hugh Thornton, Mewhort, Butler...having to travel (always a big disadvantage for away teams on these Thursday night games)...

I know the Texans played tonight as well, but as the home team they had the advantage.

Bottom line, we need to clean up some things for sure. But a divisional road win, on 4 days rest no less, is a good thing. Too close for my liking, but it's still a W.

And thank God no more Thursday games this year! Maybe next season we'll get one at home. It has been awhile.

i guess i can agree. The Packers last week were just lucky they caught the Vikings off guard without Peterson. 4 days is not a lot to prepare. But now we have 3 extra days to prepare for Bengals WITH an Irsay return. Everyone will play for Irsay that game. The fact that Grigson and Irsays daughter were able to manage all this and get us to 4-2 is very impressive.