Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Thursday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts Nation! :) Our Indianapolis Colts are in Texas to play an improved Houston Texans team in a prime time AFC South Divisional matchup of 3-2 teams. Both the Colts and the Texans both lead off the start of Week 6 of the 2014 NFL season, and both teams also prepared and adjusted on a short practice week to accommodate tonight's Thursday Night Football Coverage.

Colts currently have the best record in the NFL when participating in Thursday Night Football games.  Indianapolis is 7-0 and .1000 entering tonight, beginning with their win at Atlanta by the score of 31-13 back on November 22, 2007, to winning their recent THNF game played at Louisiana Pacific Field, when they defeated the Tennessee  Titans 30-27 at Nashville, back on November 14, 2013.

Colts began their 2014 NFL season with a winless and 0-4 preseason, and are currently on a three-game regular season winning streak, after losing their first two games. Texans also have a new Head Coach in Bill O'Brien, and the Texans already exceeded their   win total  from their 2-14 record during their 2013 NFL season.

Colts and Texans are playing their 25th all-time regular season game tonight, with the Colts leading the series 20 games to 4. including winning the first 15 of 16 regular season games with winning streaks of 9 games and 6 games. Colts defeated the Texans 23-3 in the first game of the series played at Reliant (now New Radiant Group - NRG) Stadium during Houston's first and re-inaugural season in the city's return to the NFL back on September 22, 2002.

Indianapolis is on a current three-game regular season winning streak over Houston dating back to the season finale on December 2012. Colts won the most recent game in their last visit to Houston, winning 25-3 back at New Radiant Group Stadium back on December 15, 2013. In that game, Colts QB Andrew Luck threw two touchdown passes, a 14-yarder to TE and Stanford college teammate Griff Whalen, a 9-yard pass to RB Trent Richardson, Colts DE Cory Redding tacking Texans offensive tackle Duane Brown after a Texans fumble  in the end zone for a safety, and kicker Adam Vinatieri's three field goals from 49, 43, and 40 yards, and his three PAT's, completed the game scoring for the 25-3 win. Kicker Randy Bullock's 49-yard FG was the only game scoring for the Texans in the first quarter.

Jim Nantz and former New York Football Giant QB Phil Simms are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Tracy Wolfson, for The NFL On CBS, simulcast nationally over-the-air throughout the USA, including locally on WISH-TV CBS Channel 8 in Indianapolis, and internationally on cable on The NFL Network, live on HD.

Bob Lamey, our legendary 'Voice Of The Colts, 'and former Colts and New York Giants QB Jim Sorgi are also announcing the live radio game play-by-play and analysis, along with sideline reporter and interviewer Matt Taylor, live on Colts flagship stations WFNI ESPN SportsRadio 1070AM The Fan, and WHLK Country 97.1 HANK-FM, and the Colts/Vectren Radio Network.

New Radiant Group (NRG) Stadium's roof may be closed for tonight's 8:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, because there will be mostly clear skies, but still hot outside at 80 degrees, feels like 85 degrees, 77% humidity, 0% precipitation, and mild south/southeastern winds at 8 miles per hour.

Visiting Colts are wearing their white jerseys and pants, while the host Texans are wearing their navy blue jerseys, and white pants.

All NFL teams including our Colts and the Houston Texans tonight, are continuing to participate in the NFL's 'A Crucial Catch' campaign to support Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as the players, their coaching and team support staffs,  wear pink authentic NFL equipment and apparel both on the playing field, and in the sidelines, during their games throughout the month of October. :ribbon:

NO further injuries to both the Colts and Texans as both teams play for an international audience. Stay Colts Strong, and GO COLTS!!!!! :excited::coltslogo::1colts::colts::helmet::blueshoe::coltslogo: :ribbon: :D

Complete Colts @ Texans Thursday Night Football Pre Game Release In Adobe Reader PDF:

http://prod.static.colts.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/gamereleases/2014/gamerelease-reg06.pdf

http://www.nfl.com/tnf

Colts @ Texans Thursday Night Football Live NFL Game Centers:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2014/regular6

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014100900/2014/REG6/colts@texans#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

Colts @ Texans Thursday Night Football Pre Game Injury Reports:

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/injury-report.html

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It never ceases to amaze me how tunnelvision the media gets. They've mentioned only two players the whole time I've watched so far. Watt and Luck. Coverage for stupid people? So weak not to break things down at least a bit more, I'm sure the casual fans can handle hearing a few more names. 

It never ceases to amaze me how tunnelvision the media gets. They've mentioned only two players the whole time I've watched so far. Watt and Luck. Coverage for stupid people? So weak not to break things down at least a bit more, I'm sure the casual fans can handle hearing a few more names.

The NFL insiders were the same

The First really huge game of the season. Win the turnover battle, win the game.

With the way opening results went I figured the Ravens was a pretty big game,your right though this is a very important game in the context of our season. Why did it have to be on TNF!

Think positive thoughts... Think Owen Daniels' face 2012 when we robbed them of seeding beating them at LOS