Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suspect play calling but all that matters is the W

Coaching sux

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you care to share some examples? What plays in particular do you feel were suspect? 

Rolling Luck out to the right you cut off half the field so Balt can use the sidelines as another defender. Splitting Richardson out and trying to run a wr bubble screen with him.

Rolling Luck out to the right you cut off half the field so Balt can use the sidelines as another defender. Splitting Richardson out and trying to run a wr bubble screen with him.

So you're saying you should never roll a QB out to the right? Ever.

Using TRich in the passing game is actually something that's been fairly productive so I don't mind them trying something like this. Though it ended pretty badly.

That's 2 plays out of 80 so far...

So you're saying you should never roll a QB out to the right? Ever.

Using TRich in the passing game is actually something that's been fairly productive so I don't mind them trying something like this. Though it ended pretty badly.

That's 2 plays out of 80 so far...

I don't mind using him in the passing game just not o plays where you usually speed guys. Going with a middle screen would be better. Personally I would not roll a qb out. U cut off half the field when you roll him out. A straight drop back he has the whole field to scan

I don't mind using him in the passing game just not o plays where you usually speed guys. Going with a middle screen would be better. Personally I would not roll a qb out. U cut off half the field when you roll him out. A straight drop back he has the whole field to scan

When you have a mobile QB who's good throwing on the run why not use a roll out?

I mean if it was such an ineffective play type we wouldn't see it in the NFL but yet we do week in week out.

Rolling Luck out to the right you cut off half the field so Balt can use the sidelines as another defender. Splitting Richardson out and trying to run a wr bubble screen with him.

Rolling Luck out helps keep the rush from hitting him. Did you even bother to watch the game?

More questionable play calling by Pep. All that matters is the W

C'mon man, don't you know it was the Ravens defense that made Pep make those playcalls. Give credit where credit is due.SMH

How dare a Colts fan on a Colts forum actually comment on mistakes or playcalling and not give the credit to the other teams....

<SARCASM>

I gathered but we're talking about roll outs, so aside from you're point about rolling out to the right why don't you like them? They are after all super effective plays when you have a mobile QB.

as I explained rolling out cuts off half the field and forces you to go in the direction you roll towards which makes it easier for the D. You never see a qb roll left and toss across his body to the right. Well at least you shouldn't. Straight dropback the D has to cover middle, left and right. Qb rolls to the left do u really have to cover the right? You can focus more to the left

as I explained rolling out cuts off half the field and forces you to go in the direction you roll towards which makes it easier for the D. You never see a qb roll left and toss across his body to the right. Well at least you shouldn't. Straight dropback the D has to cover middle, left and right. Qb rolls to the left do u really have to cover the right? You can focus more to the left

Hmm I'd argue the pros (misdirection, opening up running lanes for the QB, helping freeze the D against the run) outweigh the negatives when used correctly.

Still either way 2 plays out of 80 is hardly worthy of calling the play calling suspect.

Hmm I'd argue the pros (misdirection, opening up running lanes for the QB, helping freeze the D against the run) outweigh the negatives when used correctly.

Still either way 2 plays out of 80 is hardly worthy of calling the play calling suspect.

4th down I would have run a PAP since Balt was selling out for the run and Indy complied and ran it right at Balt. 2nd q 3rd and 7 and Luck tosses a 3 yard pass to Wayne on a crossing pattern. I guess that was his checkdown

4th down I would have run a PAP since Balt was selling out for the run and Indy complied and ran it right at Balt. 2nd q 3rd and 7 and Luck tosses a 3 yard pass to Wayne on a crossing pattern. I guess that was his checkdown

The first your criticising with the benefit of hindsight... Running in short yardage situations way way more successful than passing but fine it didn't come off. Who's to say PA would either.

Are you blaming Pep for Luck checking down?!

Pep called a good game, the O is putting up good numbers.

The first your criticising with the benefit of hindsight... Running in short yardage situations way way more successful than passing but fine it didn't come off. Who's to say PA would either.

Not to mention I honestly thought Bradshaw picked up the first down. Thought he got a bad spot and unfortunately there wasn't a clean enough replay to prove it.

well since Balt sold out on the run it is safe to say that Pa would have worked. Sneaking Fleener or even a big old lineman out in the flat. Blaming? not for that but for being put in 3rd and long perhaps. Like u said they r putting up good nubers