Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Suspect play calling but all that matters is the W

Coaching sux

Right. Pretty soon we'll be complaining about the way Pep ties his shoes. 

Well, I wasn't going to bring it up but since you opened that can of worms.... he never ties a double knot, so you see if tying his shoes 3 or 4 times a game.  Just double knot them Pep and you won't have to worry about it and concentrate on calling plays that roll Luck to one side of the field.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turnovers and sloppy play are the only thing that kept it close certainly not play calling. Griff was a mess today not sure what that was about.

I can't rewatch until the NE game ends. I try to reserve comment until I have seen it at least once without the emotion but I am not a fan of Pep and I didn't notice the play calling being awful today.

Good win. It shouldn't have been this close but hopefully it keeps our number down for the Houston game. I am guessing -3.5

I re-watched the game on NFL Rewind.   Sloppy play for both teams but had the better and more Red Zone opportunities and should have closed the deal earlier.  But the play calling was fine.  The Red Zone interception wasn't really a rollout.  Luck stepped up in the pocket and escaped to his left.  He has should have taken the sack or thrown the ball away.  A FG there makes it a 2 touchdown game.  I am fine with Pep's play calling - he's mixing in Bradshaw, finding ways to get Richardson productive touches, and I think he's just starting to remember that Allen is a beast anywhere on the field but especially in the red zone.  He's just too much for a LB or Safety.  Pep has settled in and has found good balance

The playcalling has been terrific. I was a bit puzzled as to why we didn't have Allen in on that 3rd and goal INT that Luck threw. Nobody got open, and Allen needs more redzone feeds. But that's pickin' nits, Pep has won me over. It certainly helps when the players execute as they have been.

And if Reggie doesn't cost the colts two TD's the game is 31-6. Sloppy game, but they overcame it.

I watched plenty of 49ers game during the Montana era. He rolled out one or two times every 15 games Would hardly say he rolled out plenty

completely untrue. Also, Wilson rolled out twice in his first drive tonight. I guess Darell Bevell is an *

actually it is true. Go back and watch Niners game in the Montana era. Count the number of times he rolls out in a game. Wilson is more of a mobile qb than Luck

So now its ok to roll out if the qb is mobile? Luck is one of the most mobile qbs in the league

actually it is true. Go back and watch Niners game in the Montana era. Count the number of times he rolls out in a game. Wilson is more of a mobile qb than Luck

Montana rolled out a lot Every qb in a west coast offense does. His career signature play was a roll out in the redzone in the NFCCG

he ran just not roll outs Gruden had him running qb draws a lot. BTW Stanford runs the west coast off Do you know how many times Hogan rolled out on Sat vs ND?

I was at that game. Neither team ran one. But Brian Kelly calls them pretty often for the Irish

I was at that game. Neither team ran one. But Brian Kelly calls them pretty often for the Irish

I was there as well. My point is west coast offence does not auto mean qb roll out, BTW Stanford the week before vs Wash did not roll Hogan out once and Stanford is known as a West coast offence

Funny, don't see Denver roll Manning out or SD rolling Rivers out. NE does not roll Brady out

They're not exactly mobile QBs, I don't think anyone was suggesting rolling out statues. 

It's fine to not like the concept of the play but can you accept that quite a lot of NFL coaches don't agree with you? 

They're not exactly mobile QBs, I don't think anyone was suggesting rolling out statues. 

It's fine to not like the concept of the play but can you accept that quite a lot of NFL coaches don't agree with you? 

just not a big fan of it. I rather the qb have the whole field to scan rather than half of it. Just my opnion