Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you trade for Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro?

Yoshinator

We need a lot of help at Safety, even though I wouldn't want to give up a 1st for one, if the opportunity came up to trade our 1st round pick next year for Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro, would you do it? This seems like it could be a Grigson type of move (especially with Reid and Jimmie Ward and Bethea at Safety already). I think it would be something to consider at this point.

Would you even get Vaccaro for a straight up (hopefully low) 1st rounder? 

Besides I don't think I could suffer back to back drafts without picking on the 1st day, it would be like being a Raiders fan. 

It'd be very difficult. I know we'd have a relatively decent chance at Reid becuase of them drafting Ward and Bethea performing at a high level. Plus Reid and Ward play FS. Vaccaro is a SS if I remember right. I think if we trade them a 1st and Adams it could get the job done. I'd hate to lose a 1st as well, but this is the one situation where I'd make an exception.

It'd be very difficult. I know we'd have a relatively decent chance at Reid becuase of them drafting Ward and Bethea performing at a high level. Plus Reid and Ward play FS. Vaccaro is a SS if I remember right. I think if we trade them a 1st and Adams it could get the job done. I'd hate to lose a 1st as well, but this is the one situation where I'd make an exception.

Hang on... 

Are you suggesting trading a 1st and or other starting S because we're thing at Safety? Doesn't really add up.

Reid is still getting plenty of snaps in SF so I don't think they will really be that desperate to part with him. Besides aren't 3 Safety sets all the rage now. 

Neither team would do it. We have a better chance of getting Byrd from the Saints and Ward plays slot corner for the 49ers.

Probably right, but it's worth looking into for both players IMO. Byrd and Adams isn't terrible for the Saints. Also, Ward could always move back to FS if we traded for Reid. This is something I would expect Grigson to look into, balls to the walls trade. He likes to trade for young players from a previous draft or two and get maximum value. Reid and Vaccaro are the ideal candidates here.

Hang on... 

Are you suggesting trading a 1st and or other starting S because we're thing at Safety? Doesn't really add up.

Reid is still getting plenty of snaps in SF so I don't think they will really be that desperate to part with him. Besides aren't 3 Safety sets all the rage now. 

Yes Iam. Reid would move to FS for us and we could move Landry to SS when he returns. Adams would be used to sweeten the pot if we traded for Reid or Vaccaro as he could provide depth for San Fran or a starter for the Saints. The 49ers wouldn't be desperate at all to part with him, but we could pry him off their hands, and he's less useful with Ward and Bethea performing.

We need a lot of help at Safety, even though I wouldn't want to give up a 1st for one, if the opportunity came up to trade our 1st round pick next year for Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro, would you do it? This seems like it could be a Grigson type of move (especially with Reid and Jimmie Ward and Bethea at Safety already). I think it would be something to consider at this point.

obviously we would do it, and even more obviously they would not do it.  they drafted a player at a position of need with a 1st, and the player has played well, and you think they would trade them to us for a 1st so they can draft another player next year at that position and hope they are as good as the one they just got rid of?  seriously????  

I'd rather them trade for Khalil Mack.

again..... Raiders drafted Mack because they needed a MLB.  Why would they trade him away??

If a player is drafted in the 1st and played well, it will require giving them MUCH MORE than our 1st to get him.   I think Vacarro, Reid, or Mack would cost us about 2 1st's and 2 2nd's (if not more).

obviously we would do it, and even more obviously they would not do it.  they drafted a player at a position of need with a 1st, and the player has played well, and you think they would trade them to us for a 1st so they can draft another player next year at that position and hope they are as good as the one they just got rid of?  seriously????  

Since you like to act like a jerk, let me just rebound with this, no one thought that the Browns would trade Richardson for a 1st since he was the 3rd overall pick. The media tore Cleveland up for it. Just because a trade isn't right down the middle doesn't mean it won't happen. This isn't farfetch'd at all. There's a reason you aren't a GM, and it's because you won't do something that seems exactly even. I can imagine you in the draft room trying to make a trade, my picks add up to 1250 points and yours add up to 1400, no way I do it! Take a chill pill and use your brain, this is something Grigson will pursue, whether it happens or not.

again..... Raiders drafted Mack because they needed a MLB.  Why would they trade him away??

If a player is drafted in the 1st and played well, it will require giving them MUCH MORE than our 1st to get him.   I think Vacarro, Reid, or Mack would cost us about 2 1st's and 2 2nd's (if not more).

Again, just like the 3rd overall pick cost us the 26th overall pick. Doesn't matter if it paid off or not, no one knew at the time. You give other organizations  too much credit, especially the Raiders who are in rebuild mode.

I thought Mack was an OLB, agree though that he's one of the few bright spots for the Raiders so no way they give him up cheaply. 

I thought Mack was an OLB, agree though that he's one of the few bright spots for the Raiders so no way they give him up cheaply. 

Mack is an OLB, I guarantee we wouldn't get him for a 1st, I was agreeing with everyone basically that it'd be great to get him. We'd have to give up multiple picks for Mack.

Since you like to act like a jerk, let me just rebound with this, no one thought that the Browns would trade Richardson for a 1st since he was the 3rd overall pick. The media tore Cleveland up for it. Just because a trade isn't right down the middle doesn't mean it won't happen. This isn't farfetch'd at all. There's a reason you aren't a GM, and it's because you won't do something that seems exactly even. I can imagine you in the draft room trying to make a trade, my picks add up to 1250 points and yours add up to 1400, no way I do it! Take a chill pill and use your brain, this is something Grigson will pursue, whether it happens or not.

Just because he doesn't agree with you that the trade scenario you postulated was viable doesn't make him a jerk, let's try and keep OT please and not insulting each other. 

The Trent trade was after a season where he didn't exactly set the houses on fire in Cleveland and I don't think the FO were that enamoured with him. The players you've discussed have all done well at the teams that have drafted them so I don't think it's a like for like comparison. 

You're right though in that need can greatly affect trades, precisely why we shouldn't panic trade. 

Just because he doesn't agree with you that the trade scenario you postulated was viable doesn't make him a jerk, let's try and keep OT please and not insulting each other. 

The Trent trade was after a season where he didn't exactly set the houses on fire in Cleveland and I don't think the FO were that enamoured with him. The players you've discussed have all done well at the teams that have drafted them so I don't think it's a like for like comparison. 

You're right though in that need can greatly affect trades, precisely why we shouldn't panic trade. 

I apologize for the name calling, I just felt like I was getting yelled at and attacked. I agree that it's a longshot trade, but I also think by previous patterns from Grigson (trading a late 2nd for Vontae davis drafted in the 1st and trading a late 1st for Trent drafted 3rd Overall) that he would try to extract maximum value from another trade. This one being even draft pick value, but the payoff being that the guy he gets is 100% not a bust but in return we lose out on a year of his career. This is something I believe Grigson is looking into by previous experience, and I think if not this then something similar. I expect a signing of some signifigance today.

Raiders just fired their coach and the team is a dumpster fire. 

What exactly are we giving up? we need as many picks as possible. i think Peole are over reacting with the safety situation Landry is only out for 4 weeks he will be back soon. in the mean time id rather Stick with the guns we have or sign Clemons. Those are the only options that make sense IMO.

To add to that, Cleveland also did not have a franchise QB at the time (thought it's arguable as to whether they have one now, but different topic).  Trading Trent for a 1st round pick gave them 2 first round picks and much more flexibility to get the franchise QB they wanted, and we all know a franchise QB is worth more than even the best RB.

no one thought that the Browns would trade Richardson for a 1st since he was the 3rd overall pick. The media tore Cleveland up for it. 

The thing is though, there's a reason no one thought the Browns would trade Richardson....those types of trades RARELY happen.  In fact I can't think of another 1st round pick that was traded while still under their rookie contract under the new CBA.  Actually, the CBA doesn't really matter...prior to the change in the rookie wage scale, teams wouldn't have wanted to trade a first round pick because of all the dead money they would accrue.  Now, it's pretty pointless to give up on a first round pick because the rookie contracts are much cheaper.  THAT'S why no one expected Cleveland to trade Richardson away.  However, I think that my point above about them not having a franchise QB had a lot to do with that trade.

So, no I don't think San Fran would have any reason to trade Reid but I would definitely pull the trigger on that if they would take a reasonable deal.  I see no reason why the Saints would want to get rid of Vaccaro.  If you want to explore this type of trade, your best bet might be to look for a team that doesn't have a franchise QB that might want extra ammunition to get one in the next draft, just like Cleveland did.

Jerk huh?  real cool kid... 

"Just because a trade isn't right down the middle doesn't mean it won't happen"....  ya, ok.  

"This isn't farfetch'd at all."....  yes, yes it is.  extremely actually.

"There's a reason you aren't a GM, and it's because you won't do something that seems exactly even"....  LOLOLOLOL!!!!!    I won't do something that seems exactly even???  Now you aren't even making sense.  I obviously WOULD trade a 1st for Vacarro or Reid.  The Saints and 49ers OBVIOUSLY WOULD NOT!!!!  Their are plenty of reasons I am not a GM (pretty much the same reasons you arent a GM) but that is not it.  Just to repeat myself LOLOLOLOLOL

" I can imagine you in the draft room trying to make a trade, my picks add up to 1250 points and yours add up to 1400, no way I do it! Take a chill pill and use your brain, this is something Grigson will pursue, whether it happens or not."....  umm sir, this is just ludicrous. you now are in an angered emotional state and are rambling.  I am sorry that I KNOW the we are not getting a 1st round safety, from last years draft, that is playing great, for a late 1st round pick.  This does not mean I would be for or against moving up or down during the draft.  You are jumping to conclusions that are extremely false.  You have no idea what Grigson will or won't pursue.  You definitely need to take a chill pill and use your brain.  This is not going well for you.

Mack is an OLB, I guarantee we wouldn't get him for a 1st, I was agreeing with everyone basically that it'd be great to get him. We'd have to give up multiple picks for Mack.

"I'd trade a 1st for him in a heartbeat. Would really fix our pass rush and help our LB core."  actually that is what you said about trading for Mack.  Obviously us and 30 other teams would trade a 1st for him.

I apologize for the name calling, I just felt like I was getting yelled at and attacked. I agree that it's a longshot trade, but I also think by previous patterns from Grigson (trading a late 2nd for Vontae davis drafted in the 1st and trading a late 1st for Trent drafted 3rd Overall) that he would try to extract maximum value from another trade. This one being even draft pick value, but the payoff being that the guy he gets is 100% not a bust but in return we lose out on a year of his career. This is something I believe Grigson is looking into by previous experience, and I think if not this then something similar. I expect a signing of some signifigance today.

You had no reason at all to feel you were yelled at or attacked.  I was stating my opinion that those trades would NEVER happen and I am right.  It is not a longshot, it is a NO WAY trade.  Vontae and Trent were in the doghouse with their teams and were under-performing.  You are comparing apples to oranges.  It is not an even draft pick value.  They used a 1st on the player when he was a question mark.  They are now an answer to their teams problem and you think they will give them up for a 1st??  it is not the same as Trent or Vontae AT ALL.  Not attacking you man, just trying to get you to see how crazy your thought process is on this.

Eric Berry? Kenny Vacarro?

lol, talk about unrealistic. 

THANK YOU  lol

I think we really screwed up by letting Burley go. At this point, I'd rather we roll with what we have. Let's see what Brown does and perhaps Dewey-McD, Purifoy?

Are we really losing much in Landry? He's underwhelmed thus far...Let's not get crazy and over-invest

No. Especially Vaccaro. Vaccaro has been playing like completely doody this year. He missed tackles and just looks out of place. Any safety on the current roster is better than him.

Their entire defense sucks this year, even the very own forum hyped player Jarius Byrd has been bad

I'll take Kenny in a New York minute

He's done nothing this year to warrant trading a high round draft pick. He's taking terrible angles, missing tackles, having lapses in coverage. There are tons of players who flash and then never live up to what they showed at some point. Not saying he's that but that has to be a concern after the first quarter of the season. 

At some point people need to take a wait and see approach. Grigson and Pagano have attempted to build the roster to sustain injuries (not suspensions but injuries), and their plan should be implemented before they go throwing around draft picks for options that fans think are a great idea because they recognize their name. Every team in the NFL has their depth tested. Here comes ours at safety. 

Edit: I'm fine signing a FA for depth but do not want to trade a draft pick. 

He's done nothing this year to warrant trading a high round draft pick. He's taking terrible angles, missing tackles, having lapses in coverage. There are tons of players who flash and then never live up to what they showed at some point. Not saying he's that but that has to be a concern after the first quarter of the season.

At some point people need to take a wait and see approach. Grigson and Pagano have attempted to build the roster to sustain injuries (not suspensions but injuries), and their plan should be implemented before they go throwing around draft picks for options that fans think are a great idea because they recognize their name. Every team in the NFL has their depth tested. Here comes ours at safety.

I don't even see getting Kenny as a reality. I'm just a fan of Longhorn players

If it was possible, I'd take the whole Longhorn squad of

Brian Orakpo

Kenny Vaccaro

Emmanuel & Sam Acho (The Acho Brothers)

Carrington Byndom

Quandre Diggs

Jackson Jeffcoat

Jaxon Shipley

Fozzy Whitaker

Keenan Robinson

Marquise Goodwin

I'd take them all if it was possible but it's not

NO.... we need pass rush help much more...  if we pressure the QB, the safety becomes less critical...

I'd go after Justin Houston or Brandon Graham in free agency in 2015 for the OLB position to bolster our pass rush first.

I would also see if the Jets are willing to trade Dawan Landry who plays the run very well (better than Laron Landry, IMO) or if the Pats are willing to trade Devin McCourty :). Hey, both of them are in the last years of their contracts and those teams might be willing to take a draft pick for them.