Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do We Go With Khaled Holmes Against Baltimore?

krunk

We know he can't stay healthy, we know that much

So leave him on the bench and leave him there until he's needed by way of injury or bad play by Shipley

If neither of those things happen, then Holmes can compete for the starting job in next year's preseason

Cause if it ain't broke...........

So I'm guessing Lance Louis didn't look good today?

I thought he looked fine.

Luck wasn't sacked once.   The offense had about 500 yards and 41 points.

I'm not sure he was hit with a penalty.    But I was in a sports bar, I suppose it's possible.

I thought he was OK for a back-up filling in.

You act like his injury was random. Anybody would get hurt if 300 pounds feel on their ankle. I know his history, I'm a USC fan.

Of course happens to linemen all the time. But if his replacement is doing his job..... What has Holmes done to warrant handing him the starting job like some are suggesting?

He's shown very little. And you can argue he was there all TC but that's not live action.

Shipley is doing fine, so let Holmes bench ride until he's needed

In all honesty, if he's healthy enough to do it, and Thornton is a no-go again, slide Shipley to guard and start Holmes at center.

Lance Louis was not at all impressive to me today.

Holmes was a healthy inactive today. He is healthy and still not dressing let alone playing. Why would you want to scramble the O Line like that?

That is the worst thing you can do to an O Line shuffle guys around especially for no reason. 

Holmes was a healthy inactive today. He is healthy and still not dressing let alone playing. Why would you want to scramble the O Line like that?

That is the worst thing you can do to an O Line shuffle guys around especially for no reason.

Fair,

I would like to see Holmes play somehow

But this.

The fact is, we had him penciled to be our franchise starting center until Shipley didn't make the final 53 in Baltimore. So he was good enough for the coaching staff to put that faith in him.

Louis, on the other hand, was pretty abysmal. I seriously doubt Holmes is worse than Louis if they had Holmes slated to start.

Let it be known I'll stop consuming apple juice for 3 days if someone can come up with a logical and legit answer to this question

Because we drafted Holmes and Shipley MUST suck if he couldn't make Baltimore's 53.  It doesn't matter how good he is playing right now.  The Forum GMs have spoken.  So let it be written, let it be done.

While you're at it bench Nicks and put Rogers in, get rid of Werner and sign some overpriced FA who is past his prime, fire Pagano and Grigson, trade Luck for Manziel, and change the Colts uniforms to black and gray with zebra print.... Boom sauce.

Because we drafted Holmes and Shipley MUST suck if he couldn't make Baltimore's 53. It doesn't matter how good he is playing right now. The Forum GMs have spoken. So let it be written, let it be done.

While you're at it bench Nicks and put Rogers in, get rid of Werner and sign some overpriced FA who is past his prime, fire Pagano and Grigson, trade Luck for Manziel, and change the Colts uniforms to black and gray with zebra print.... Boom sauce.

*Gives up apple juice for life*

Best explanation ever!!

:scoregood:

If you take away Lucks 13 carries for 53 yards you get the Colts rushing 83 times for 366...or 4.4ypc. I mean Im all for him starting of course but I'd rather put him in at RG if Thornton will be out an extended period of time do to Holmes mobility

You know I was speaking hypothetically right?  I didn't look up any numbers before making that post.  I simply picked a couple of numbers at random to try to illustrate my point.