Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis - Best Corner in the NFL

BlueShoe

Problem is, there's nothing you can copy and paste that will support a claim that Vontae Davis isn't one of the very best corners in the league this season.

There's also nothing you can post which says he is either.  However you can show all kinds  CB ratings of the best going into this season and none include Davis.  That is substantial because he's not exactly a rookie.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. You challenged the credibility of anyone who thinks Vontae Davis is better than average.

No, I challenge the false notion that he is the best CB in the NFL, or even among the best.  Like I said, he's an average NFL cornerback.  That's nothing to be ashamed of.

There's also nothing you can post which says he is either.  However you can show all kinds  CB ratings of the best going into this season and none include Davis.  That is substantial because he's not exactly a rookie.

No, I challenge the false notion that he is the best CB in the NFL, or even among the best.  Like I said, he's an average NFL cornerback.  That's nothing to be ashamed of.

g1361321061926919450.jpg

I want to ask you a question, barring the risk of you just making a sarcastic *-canoe response at me...

Why can't you provide any evidence, a simple link, copy and paste analysis, something with numbers? 

I want to ask you a question, barring the risk of you just making a sarcastic *-canoe response at me...

Why can't you provide any evidence, a simple link, copy and paste analysis, something with numbers? 

why don't you counter my comment in the same manner?  You can't that's why. 

Superman gladly posted some facts that showed he was among the best corners in the NFL so far this season, so can you provide some good analysis for me as to why those stats are not true? Or are you going to continue to ignore my requests for you to provide some actual analysis to back-up your claim?

Superman gladly posted some facts that showed he was among the best corners in the NFL so far this season,

He posted some contrived unrecognized matriz to support a false claim.  That's all.

Everyone knows that Vontae Davis is not in the conversation as one of the top CB's in the NFL.  No one anywhere other than here and in his Mother's home would have him rated as anything other than average.

He posted some contrived unrecognized matriz to support a false claim.  That's all.

Everyone knows that Vontae Davis is not in the conversation as one of the top CB's in the NFL.  No one anywhere other than here and in his Mother's home would have him rated as anything other than average.

Quit side stepping my question, he posted facts, the numbers say he is in the discussion for being a top corner in the league. Now use football knowledge to explain to me why those numbers are wrong. If he is just average, it should be easy for you to come up with some solid analysis and examples as to why he isn't a top corner. I don't think you have an ounce of football knowledge to do so, prove me wrong. 

Quit side stepping my question, he posted facts, the numbers say he is in the discussion for being a top corner in the league. Now use football knowledge to explain to me why those numbers are wrong. If he is just average, it should be easy for you to come up with some solid analysis and examples as to why he isn't a top corner. I don't think you have an ounce of football knowledge to do so, prove me wrong. 

Like I said, only here and in his Mother's home.

Yu guys are entitled to your opinion.  You guys cab continue thinking he's better than Peterson, Sherman, Revis and several others.  That doesn't mean others need to agree.

You can't counter my comments factually, so you fall back on the old "troll" stand by.

"Among corners who have played at least 50% of their team's snaps(aka starters for those with lesser intelligence):

Passer rating against: #1

Yards/coverage snap: #3

Coverage snaps/reception: #5

Completion percentage against: #3 (tied)

Yards/completion against: #16, at 8.9 yards/completion against (Revis is #43 at 12.9, Sherman is #44 at 13.2, Kyle Fuller is #62 at 16.5)"

All non-biased facts. That puts him with the best of the best. Your turn.

"Among corners who have played at least 50% of their team's snaps(aka starters for those with lesser intelligence):

Passer rating against: #1

Yards/coverage snap: #3

Coverage snaps/reception: #5

Completion percentage against: #3 (tied)

Yards/completion against: #16, at 8.9 yards/completion against (Revis is #43 at 12.9, Sherman is #44 at 13.2, Kyle Fuller is #62 at 16.5)"

All non-biased facts. That puts him with the best of the best. Your turn.

Some wont let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Like I said, only here and in his Mother's home.

Yu guys are entitled to your opinion.  You guys cab continue thinking he's better than Peterson, Sherman, Revis and several others.  That doesn't mean others need to agree.

You lose all credibility when you say Peterson is a top notch CB. You sound like every talking head ever......just spouting off lists that are based on nothing more than popular opinion and who is payed the most or who talks the most. Obviously if Peterson says he's the best corner in the game he must be. Nobody would ever say something like that if it weren't true.

Peterson is in fact one of the very best CB's in the game.  Here's a short list of others who are in a higher class than Davis.

Sherman, Revis, Brock, Boykin, DeAngello Hall, Rodgers-Cromartie, Walter Thurmond, Browner, Desmond Trufant, Carlos Rogers, Antonio Cromartie, Cortland Finnigan, Talib. Chris Harris, Byron Maxwell.

I can go on.  Verner, Haden, Tim Jennings, Brandon Flowers, Morris Claiborne....

All are an upgrade over Vontae Davis.  I could come up more,  Even some old guys who's only down side compared to Davis is age.

You lose all credibility when you say Peterson is a top notch CB. 

No, you lose credibility when you don't.  Davis would be a back-up in Arizona, Seattle, SF and the Rams. Also in KC, Denver, San Diego and probably in Oakland, and definitely in Cincy and Green Bay.

Peterson is in fact one of the very best CB's in the game.  Here's a short list of others who are in a higher class than Davis.

Sherman, Revis, Brock, Boykin, DeAngello Hall, Rodgers-Cromartie, Walter Thurmond, Browner, Desmond Trufant, Carlos Rogers, Antonio Cromartie, Cortland Finnigan, Talib. Chris Harris, Byron Maxwell.

I can go on.  Verner, Haden, Tim Jennings, Brandon Flowers, Morris Claiborne....

All are an upgrade over Vontae Davis.  I could come up more,  Even some old guys who's only down side compared to Davis is age.

Would that be the same Morris Claiborne who had just lost his starting role for Dallas to Orlando Scandrick (a name missing from your list) prior to his ACL injury yesterday?

Peterson is in fact one of the very best CB's in the game. Here's a short list of others who are in a higher class than Davis.

I can go on. Verner, Haden, Tim Jennings, Brandon Flowers, Morris Claiborne....

All are an upgrade over Vontae Davis. I could come up more, Even some old guys who's only down side compared to Davis is age.

Someone ban this ill opinionated individual...

Peterson is in fact one of the very best CB's in the game. Here's a short list of others who are in a higher class than Davis.

All are an upgrade over Vontae Davis. I could come up more, Even some old guys who's only down side compared to Davis is age.

Morris Claiborne? Wow you are just trolling lol... The guy Cowboys fans wanted benched and cut lol

Just keep telling Vontae we are playing Brady next week, and everything will work out. 

Seriously though, Vontae is the total package. He's a shut down corner. He has great speed, vision (actually turns his head around), and is one of the greatest tacklers on our team. SO glad we didn't let him walk!! 

Not to be a homer, but you may want to put the Ravens Jimmy Smith in the top five. He's quietly emerged as a great shut down cornerback , and he defended , or held , Crabtree on that critical fourth down pass in Super Bowl 47. Anyway, he's moving up the ranks.

Yes, Smith is another player who's quietly having a very good year.

Yes, Smith is another player who's quietly having a very good year.

I haven't really looked to see where he ranks, but he gets all the # 1 receivers, and most QB's avoid him. He looked like a possible bust the first couple of seasons, but has really picked it up. We can only hope for the same with safety Matt Elam. He doesn't look so good.

I haven't really looked to see where he ranks, but he gets all the # 1 receivers, and most QB's avoid him. He looked like a possible bust the first couple of seasons, but has really picked it up. We can only hope for the same with safety Matt Elam. He doesn't look so good.

It happens. Sometimes you get that instant impact player, and that's always what you hope for, but more often then not players take a few years to develop.

Safety in particular, it's nice to have the range and athleticism to cover sideline to sideline but it's even more important to have the experience and instincts to be in the right place, to take proper angles, and not get pulled in by the veteran qbs in this league.

Morris Claiborne? Wow you are just trolling lol... The guy Cowboys fans wanted benched and cut lol

Fans of every team want everyone cut or benched at some point. Most fans, as demonstrated here, don't know their butt from deep center field when it comes to evaluating talent.

That's his list, lol. Enough said...

Doing a good job getting people worked up though. I see right through your crap...carry on.