Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots

coltsfan84

Losing Manning for the season:Staggering

Colts home game ticket prices:Plummeting

Chances of getting first round draft pick:Increasing

Going into Foxboro, getting a win,and enjoying Belichick and Bradys reactions:Priceless

All I want for Christmas is a win at NE,don't even care if it's the only one, :P

GO COLTS!

The chances of this happening are zero. I agree, however, that this victory would only be second to our AFC championship win on our way to winning the super bowl. It would be a win of epic proportions. I can remember being at the game in the Hoosier Dome in 1997 and being 0-10 and we were playing the defending super bowl champion Packers. The Packers were 8-2. We ended up winning that game 41-38and if memory serves, we were 14 point underdogs. So, clearly an epic upset is possible. However, extremely unlikely. Man was that Packer game fun. I don't know if anyone else was at that game or remember it, but it was one of my more memorable Colts victories.

I'll watch - maybe with one hand in front of my eyes - but I'll watch. Anything is possible.

A win would require a complete resurrection of Painters brain, for Freeney/Mathis to have huge days, and for the secondary to grow up real fast, with the net effect of the Colts winning the turnover battle by at least a plus 3. Even that might not be enough if they can't stop Welker and the tight ends. Getting off the field on third down won't be possible unless the Colts are in Brady's face VERY quickly all night long.

But we've all seen stranger things happen. You never know. I agree with the OP. It would make the season much more palatable.

I'll watch - maybe with one hand in front of my eyes - but I'll watch. Anything is possible.

A win would require a complete resurrection of Painters brain, for Freeney/Mathis to have huge days, and for the secondary to grow up real fast, with the net effect of the Colts winning the turnover battle by at least a plus 3. Even that might not be enough if they can't stop Welker and the tight ends. Getting off the field on third down won't be possible unless the Colts are in Brady's face VERY quickly all night long.

But we've all seen stranger things happen. You never know. I agree with the OP. It would make the season much more palatable.

Hey every game starts out 0-0.

But at least Caldwell will find things we can work on. This team's a work in progress.

We arent a work in progress. We were in the Superbowl two seasons ago, with the same head coach! This team has all the talent it needs to win at least a few football games. Just because Manning is out doesn't give Caldwell a "get out of jail free" card. After Manning's injury, Caldwell needed to do his best Belichick impersonation, take this team by the horns, and lead us to a few wins, but no, instead he hasn't led us to a single one!

As for Caldwell finding things to work on - according to what he says to analysts and reporters - it sounds to me like we're doing a fine job! ( :sarcasm:) We just need to fight six inches at a time!

Losing Manning for the season:Staggering

Colts home game ticket prices:Plummeting

Chances of getting first round draft pick:Increasing

Going into Foxboro, getting a win,and enjoying Belichick and Bradys reactions:Priceless

All I want for Christmas is a win at NE,don't even care if it's the only one, :P

GO COLTS!

The game would be close if brady, gronkowski, mankins, wilfork, hernandez, light, and vollmer were injured

Bad excuse... you can't always blame it on injuries. We were beat up too.

It is completely relevant. If you are going to point at a game as evidence of good play by our Colts then you need to consider what condition the opponent was in. By the end of the game they had only 5 offensive linemen, 2 of which were not even in the league the week before the game and only one of which, Pouncey, was a starter on opening day. When you combine that wreck of an offensive line with a quarterback who holds the ball wayyyyyy too long you are going to have sacks and turnovers.

That's outrageous. We'd be 1-11.

It's not outrageous at all. For one, we would not have gone winless. If you go winless, you are remembered forever as one of the worst teams all time, and if we do go winless then we could possibly become the definitive worst team of all time. Second, the patriots are rolling right now and if this group of talentless players and horrible coaching could beat them then that is the one of the biggest slaps in the face to Patriots Nation. Third, it's the patriots! They're our rivals and rivalry games always mean something and are memorable.

I want to see a Colt hit a Pats player haaaaaard today. I'm talkin "you got blown UP!" material here. Send a message early.

Philip Wheeler to Tom Brady on a blitz where Wheeler has a free rush at the quarterback because of a creative blitz by our defensive coordinator. I'd also like to see Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis get several sacks as well and Drake Nevis and our DT's to help destroy the pocket!