Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

griff whalen

GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE

First responsibility of a punt returner is to secure possession. I'm fine with Griff doing it. If someone else can secure possession like he does, and provides some more return ability, I'm all for it. But Purifoy doesn't have my vote, given his muffed punt in preseason.

Purifoy took some chances in the preseason too. The one time he fielded the ball inside the 10 he was able to get the edge but it was the wrong play should have let it go in the endzone. I think he fielded it at like the 6 I remember thinking oh no.

I think the staff looked pretty hard at PR's this off season. I was hoping for someone more explosive like Rainy but he couldn't keep it together maybe. As you said the number one job is to secure possession.  I will add make good decisions. Griff does that.

Moncrief has never returned punts and in my opinion doesn't look comfortable on Kick Offs don't think that is happening. I wouldn't be surprised to see Purifoy get a chance tonight.

I agree I don't  want to see TY back there unless it is an emergency last play of the game or some crazy circumstance.