Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL OK's Peterson to play

Synthetic

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11531210/minnesota-vikings-say-adrian-peterson-likely-play-week-3

There you have it folks. Not only does this league defend it's women abusers, but also it's child abusers.

Great job Goodell, great job.

So the NFL needs to punish AP for something he hasn't been convicted for yet?  AP will get his punishment when the time calls for it. Don't let your dislike of Goodell have you making things up. Besides Goodell is not the single person who passes out punishment. Be real for a change.

So the NFL needs to punish AP for something he hasn't been convicted for yet?  AP will get his punishment when the time calls for it. Don't let your dislike of Goodell have you making things up. Besides Goodell is not the single person who passes out punishment. Be real for a change.

Actually they can. Its a private organization and if they want a certain standard of behavior they can require it regardless of any legal developments. Its like your boss can fire you if you don't uphold company standards.

Actually they can. Its a private organization and if they want a certain standard of behavior they can require it regardless of any legal developments. Its like your boss can fire you if you don't uphold company standards.

They can't suspend him yet. The Vikings can deactivate him, but he still gets paid. I'm not sure why so many are in a hurry to rush to punish. Wait for due process, then punish accordingly

Yes they can but do the Vikings really want the players union stepping in and all the negativity from that? I don't think so. Any boss or owner can fire anyone they care to but then must face the repercussions of that action. There are contracts that cover that. That is why there are a couple of players in the NFL right now who are still playing while their cases are pending. I know the severity of the charges and what AP done but it is a tough call to pass out the sentence till the crime has been prosecuted. Right now I think Goodell and the other members on his staff are going to wait.IMO

Stupid move by the NFL and Vikings.

"Wait for the legal process." ?  How long will it take?  And what makes you think the judge will rule the right way?

Some can't connect the dots.  The NFL not suspending him now sets a bad precedent to others knowing they can do bad things and still get paid and get to have a great fun time while it's tied up in the courts.

Employers have a right to fire people even if they didn't break the law.  They do it every day in the U.S.

People who support AP in this, their reasoning is: "Well kids misbehave and need to be punished and disciplined."  lol

Well if you want kids to behave then the role models they look up to (athletes) should be held to high standards so kids don't emulate their bad behavior.

lol @ AP disciplining anyone.  What happens when the parent is a bad person trying to discipline a child?

I don't have a problem with the NFL not suspending until the legal process has worked its course but there is no reason a team can't deactivate the guy and pay him until it has....that to me is the issue. Teams are thinking about winning games instead of creating a winning standard.....a standard with morals, accountability, and service to the community.

My point was they released him as soon as the arrest came. No waiting for legal due process ...

Well let's hope there are no emails and text messages between Hernandez, Belichick and the Pats' organization of Hernandez admitting these crimes to them and asking for help and the Pats not contacting the police.  There could be more evidence still to come.

Well let's hope there are no emails and text messages between Hernandez, Belichick and the Pats' organization of Hernandez admitting these crimes to them and asking for help and the Pats not contacting the police.  There could be more evidence still to come.

Yet again, what on earth are you talking about?

"Wait for the legal process." ?  How long will it take?  And what makes you think the judge will rule the right way?

Some can't connect the dots.  The NFL not suspending him now sets a bad precedent to others knowing they can do bad things and still get paid and get to have a great fun time while it's tied up in the courts.

Employers have a right to fire people even if they didn't break the law.  They do it every day in the U.S.

People who support AP in this, their reasoning is: "Well kids misbehave and need to be punished and disciplined."  lol

Well if you want kids to behave then the role models they look up to (athletes) should be held to high standards so kids don't emulate their bad behavior.

lol @ AP disciplining anyone.  What happens when the parent is a bad person trying to discipline a child?

What is the "right" way?  It looks to me as if you have completely prejudged the case without hearing any real evidence other than a photo produced by a disreputable gossip site. 

I wonder how AP will be received by his teammates and fans ....

Some will boo, but you'll get the same large number of knuckleheads who never wore a Vikings jersey to a game in their life who will purposely wear a Peterson jersey out of spite and give him a standing ovation.  His teammates and him will be in the center of the locker room on their knees holding hands praying.  Some will give him a pat on the back and joke around.  They might take him out to the strip club or bar after the game, drink some $300 Cristal and Dom and throw the dollars on the stage.

The Vikings updated his status to Active.  The NFL had nothing to do with it.  that was a unilateral decision by the Vikings.

As far as suspending him now, I don't get why people are so quick to punish.  Yes, they can suspend a guy before the courts handle it.  But unlike other infractions, the great majority of them are drugs and PEDs, which, if you have a positive test or plea out, that's all you really need.  All the evidence is right there in front of you.  If there's one thing that the Ray Rice situation has made absolutely obvious, it's that people can disagree on the severity of the infraction and as a result, punish too lightly or severely in response to such infraction.  And with domestic violence, unlike any of hte previously mentioned violations of league policy, you get 2 strikes and you are out of the league forever (and if the public outcry has any influence, it's one and done).  So lets hold off on the notion that we should suspend guys the second we get wind that they may have committed an act of DV (that's especially true in Ray McDonald's case, who hasn't even been charged).  I don't think it's too much to ask to wait until the legal processes have played out.  A team can choose to deactivate a guy, and that's fair.  But don't bring down the hammer until you're reasonably certain of the crime and the extent to which it was committed

"Wait for the legal process." ? How long will it take? And what makes you think the judge will rule the right way?

Some can't connect the dots. The NFL not suspending him now sets a bad precedent to others knowing they can do bad things and still get paid and get to have a great fun time while it's tied up in the courts.

Employers have a right to fire people even if they didn't break the law. They do it every day in the U.S.

People who support AP in this, their reasoning is: "Well kids misbehave and need to be punished and disciplined." lol

lol @ AP disciplining anyone. What happens when the parent is a bad person trying to discipline a child?

He can't be suspended yet. The only other alternative is to either deactivate him or cut him. Either way he gets paid

My point was they released him as soon as the arrest came. No waiting for legal due process ...

Hernandez is not a good example. He was accused of killing someone and there was a ton of evidence. I don't believe the Pats had any other choice. They have signed players with checkered pasts. Corey Dillon is one person who comes to mind.

What is the "right" way?  It looks to me as if you have completely prejudged the case without hearing any real evidence other than a photo produced by a disreputable gossip site. 

lol @ giving the benefit of the doubt to a guy who's son died last year who possibly has as many kids as Shawn Kemp.  He's a dead beat dad.  Why should a dead beat dad who might not even know who half his kids are have the right to discipline anyone?  A guy who has no discipline in life who has no fundamental idea on what "safe sex" is or birth control has no right disciplining anyone.  AP needs serious disciplining.

lol @ a multimillionaire not even using a condom or birth control.  You'd think maybe after the 2nd kid out of wedlock by a different woman would wise him up.  Heck even after the first kid.

The photos weren't invented and magically created by TMZ like some Hollywood Michael Bay Transformers movie.  They were taken by the doctor at the doctor's office.  There are emails or text messages of Peterson admitting this and talking in some sadomasochist way of making kids kids fear him.  It's a 4 year old who's mouth was stuffed with leaves so he couldn't scream.

By the way, you still haven't talked about why this behavior is illegal under international law to treat a prisoner like this and why cops can't do this.  So don't complain if a cop wants to "discipline" someone.

And TMZ is more credible than ABC, CBS, NBC/MSNBC, Fox News, NY Times.  NBC/MSNBC is owned by GE and Comcast two massive corporations giving corporate money to congress lobbying politicians to block net neutrality.  What makes them anymore or any less credible than anyone else?  I guess your problem is you don't like the "snitch."

Yes they can but do the Vikings really want the players union stepping in and all the negativity from that? I don't think so. Any boss or owner can fire anyone they care to but then must face the repercussions of that action. There are contracts that cover that. That is why there are a couple of players in the NFL right now who are still playing while their cases are pending. I know the severity of the charges and what AP done but it is a tough call to pass out the sentence till the crime has been prosecuted. Right now I think Goodell and the other members on his staff are going to wait.IMO

Yes contracts and union aside. I'm just saying the legal matter (law enforcement) doesn't have to be the driving force.

Hernandez is not a good example. He was accused of killing someone and there was a ton of evidence. I don't believe the Pats had any other choice. They have signed players with checkered pasts. Corey Dillon is one person who comes to mind.

Does not change the fact that as soon as he was charged, he was released. Even if it was possible for him to post bail which his lawyer lobbied hard for, he was already off the team. The Pats did not hesitate.

Dillion was a poor teammate in Cincy, never charged with anything. Not even in the same league as these other guys. And Dillon was a model citizen and teammate in NE.

Yet again, what on earth are you talking about?

You don't seem to be able to connect the dots.

Has it ever occurred to you that before he was arrested and before the authorities knew about what Hernandez was doing that Hernandez mentioned this to his teammates and coaches?  Do you not understand how emails and text messages are used and saved?  The GM of the Atlanta Hawks was fired for making insensitive comments in an email which that email was uncovered.  And yes, there were some reports and rumors that Hernandez and Belichick were talking on the phone and instant messaging each other before he got arrested.

Do you actually believe there's no way in hell for Hernandez to have ever in his entire NFL career mentioned this to his teammates and coaches?   lol  Stay naive.  It's highly possible that Hernandez's teammates on the Pats and some coaches knew about this and aren't talking for many reasons...

1.) They don't want to snitch out a fellow player.

2.) It's an on going legal matter and have been advised not to talk.

3.) For fear of their own lives.  Witnesses have disappeared and found dead after Hernandez was arrested.

Does not change the fact that as soon as he was charged, he was released. Even if it was possible for him to post bail which his lawyer lobbied hard for, he was already off the team. The Pats did not hesitate.

Dillion was a poor teammate in Cincy, never charged with anything. Not even in the same league as these other guys. And Dillon was a model citizen and teammate in NE.

He had no chance at getting bail. Apples and oranges

lol @ giving the benefit of the doubt to a guy who's son died last year who possibly has as many kids as Shawn Kemp.  He's a dead beat dad.  Why should a dead beat dad who might not even know who half his kids are have the right to discipline anyone?  A guy who has no discipline in life who has no fundamental idea on what "safe sex" is or birth control has no right disciplining anyone.  AP needs serious disciplining.

The photos weren't invented and magically created by TMZ like some Hollywood Michael Bay Transformers movie.  They were taken by the doctor at the doctor's office.  There are emails or text messages of Peterson admitting this and talking in some sadomasochist way of making kids kids fear him.  It's a 4 year old who's mouth was stuffed with leaves so he couldn't scream.

By the way, you still haven't talked about why this behavior is illegal under international law to treat a prisoner like this and why cops can't do this.

And TMZ is more credible than ABC, CBS, NBC/MSNBC, Fox News, NY Times.  NBC/MSNBC is owned by GE and Comcast two massive corporations giving corporate money to congress lobbying politicians to block net neutrality.  What makes them anymore or any less credible than anyone else?  I guess you problem is you don't like the "snitch."

My problem is that I like the legal system in which the accused has the right to question his accuser.

Where is the admission under oath from the doctor that he took the photo and that it is genuine? Did he have any other motivations for doing so other than simply doctoring his patient?

Where is the testimony under oath of the circumstances surrounding the disciplinary incident? 

Where is the testimony under oath to the truth of the leaves in the mouth story?

Where is the testimony under oath of the legitimacy of the text messages and their contents?

Where is all of the other relevant evidence including expert testimony pro and con corporal punishment of the type alleged?

There is a clearly defined procedure by which cases get adjudicated and it has been sidestepped by TMZ's irresponsible sensationalistic "journalism" followed by the media feeding frenzy. 

Right now all we have is an indictment based on allegations and a mad rush to judgement surrounded by a bunch of opinion masquerading as science.  The legal system exists to render all of the evidence down into a verdict of guilty or not guilty.

As to the rest of it, his supposed "dead beat dad" status has no bearing whatsoever on the substance of the case and is obviously nothing but an attempt at character assassination.   Whether or not corporal punishment is allowed to be done to prisoners is completely irrelevant to the case.  The only issue which matters is whether it is acceptable parental discipline under Texas law.  The relevance to the case of the rambling nonsense about TMZ being more credible than network news because Comcast is opposed to net neutrality is completely opaque

My problem is that I like the legal system in which the accused has the right to question his accuser.

Where is the admission under oath from the doctor that he took the photo and that it is genuine? Did he have any other motivations for doing so other than simply doctoring his patient?

Where is the testimony under oath of the circumstances surrounding the disciplinary incident? 

Where is the testimony under oath to the truth of the leaves in the mouth story?

Where is the testimony under oath of the legitimacy of the text messages and their contents?

Where is all of the other relevant evidence including expert testimony pro and con corporal punishment of the type alleged?

There is a clearly defined procedure by which cases get adjudicated and it has been sidestepped by TMZ's irresponsible sensationalistic "journalism" followed by the media feeding frenzy. 

Right now all we have is an indictment based on allegations and a mad rush to judgement surrounded by a bunch of opinion masquerading as science.  The legal system exists to render all of the evidence down into a verdict of guilty or not guilty.

As to the rest of it, his supposed "dead beat dad" status has no bearing whatsoever on the substance of the case and is obviously nothing but an attempt at character assassination.   Whether or not corporal punishment is allowed to be done to prisoners is completely irrelevant to the case.  The relevance to the case of the rambling nonsense about TMZ being more credible than network news because Comcast is opposed to net neutrality is completely opaque

Only in a perfect world.  It's as if you're describing some accurate wonderful criminal justice system.  All those questions you asked below...

"Where is the admission under oath from the doctor that he took the photo and that it is genuine? Did he have any other motivations for doing so other than simply doctoring his patient?

Where is all of the other relevant evidence including expert testimony pro and con corporal punishment of the type alleged?"

what makes you think will be answered honestly and found out in a court of law?

There's quite a few people who feel the criminal justice system in the U.S. is not only fundamentally flawed, but racist.

So you can ask all the questions you want.  It doesn't play out like that in a court of law with clever defense lawyers, prosecutors and judges playing their games.

You don't seem to be able to connect the dots either.  With this it's money, power and corruption.  The NFL has multi million dollar tv deals with CBS, Fox and ESPN.  Thank goodness for TMZ not being owned or having any deals with the NFL.

Only in a perfect world.  It's as if you're describing some accurate wonderful criminal justice system.  All those questions you asked below...

"Where is the admission under oath from the doctor that he took the photo and that it is genuine? Did he have any other motivations for doing so other than simply doctoring his patient?

Where is all of the other relevant evidence including expert testimony pro and con corporal punishment of the type alleged?"

what makes you think will be answered honestly and found out in a court of law?

There's quite a few people who feel the criminal justice system in the U.S. is not only fundamentally flawed, but racist.

If the jury finds the cop who shot Michael Brown in Ferguson innocent, did the jury make the right decision or was the jury made up of mostly white people who sided with the cop's race?  African americans are demanding the white prosecutor be replaced in that case for fear of racial bias.

Did the jury make the right decision in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case?

So you can ask all the questions you want.  It doesn't play out like that in a court of law with clever defense lawyers, prosecutors and judges playing their games.

You don't seem to be able to connect the dots either, but with this it's money, power snd corruption.  The major networks have multi million dollar tv deals with CBS, Fox and ESPN.  Thank goodness for TMZ not being owned or having any deals with the NFL.

I find this post ironic, in light of your other posts on the topic. You're questioning the justice system, yet you've already tried Peterson, found him guilty, and want him punished. And you do this based on the little bit of information that's been provided through the media (which you continually undermine and accuse of corruption). So, what makes you better than the justice system?

Don't answer that. All I want to know is why you don't think it's appropriate to wait and see what happens. Why can't we get the situation settled, and then take action against Peterson in the light of more information?

You don't seem to be able to connect the dots.

Has it ever occurred to you that before he was arrested and before the authorities knew about what Hernandez was doing that Hernandez mentioned this to his teammates and coaches?  Do you not understand how emails and text messages are used and saved?  The GM of the Atlanta Hawks was fired for making insensitive comments in an email which that email was uncovered.  And yes, there were some reports and rumors that Hernandez and Belichick were talking on the phone and instant messaging each other before he got arrested.

Do you actually believe there's no way in hell for Hernandez to have ever in his entire NFL career mentioned this to his teammates and coaches?   lol  Stay naive.  It's highly possible that Hernandez's teammates on the Pats and some coaches knew about this and aren't talking for many reasons...

1.) They don't want to snitch out a fellow player.

2.) It's an on going legal matter and have been advised not to talk.

3.) For fear of their own lives.  Witnesses have disappeared and found dead after Hernandez was arrested.

You've been watching too many Cops shows ...

The instant AP admitted what he did, and acknowledged that he clearly feels that his actions are spot on, is the moment that the Vikings had the right, and should exercise the right, IMO, to suspend him until due process had been accomplished. Had he denied his actions.....different story. 

I find this post ironic, in light of your other posts on the topic. You're questioning the justice system, yet you've already tried Peterson, found him guilty, and want him punished. And you do this based on the little bit of information that's been provided through the media (which you continually undermine and accuse of corruption). So, what makes you better than the justice system?

Don't answer that. All I want to know is why you don't think it's appropriate to wait and see what happens. Why can't we get the situation settled, and then take action against Peterson in the light of more information?

I like many fans don't think Peterson should play as I stated in the above comments and as Warhorse above posted.