Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves

uniquicity

Darren Evans waived, replaced by DE Mario Addison, recently cut by the Bears. (Addai must be healthy then?)

WR Jarred Fayson added to the practice squad.

As per Mr Irsay's Twitter

Probably, but hasn't he been active, but not playing?

Darren Evans waived, replaced by DE Mario Addison, recently cut by the Bears. (Addai must be healthy then?)

WR Jarred Fayson added to the practice squad.

As per Mr Irsay's Twitter

Why do so many people say "Mr. Irsay"? Just curious. He's a rich adult-kid that AFAIK never had a real job in his life except in the Colts org.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - Inappropriate post
Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - Inappropriate post

same reason I still say Mr. Reagan or Mrs. Clinton..

Respect that elders deserve..

Fair enough. For me, Jim isn't my elder, so he's just Jim the spoiled rich kid who tweets silly stuff and relies on his daddy-surrogate BillP to keep his wallet full :)

And Ronald Regan was awesome - utmost respect to him. Hillary is a worthless pretentious *.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - inappropriate post
Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - inappropriate post

It's a little pre mature to put Jim in the same class as the Reagan's. He may have the Clinton's covered however.

LOL - truth!

Doesn't take much to cover the Clinton's!

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - inappropriate post
Hidden by shecolt, November 23, 2011 - inappropriate post

Political preference aside...

Mr/ Irsay is appropriate...especially when you consider the family .....

/////Nothing wrong with showing respect to age

Your opinion .. as valid as mine.

It's not politics - Bush Jr the same as Hillary to me.

If I were to meet Irsay, I'd call him "Jim".

Your reference to the Irsay family is counter-productive to your argument - a drunk angry abusive father; a stoned, pampered, eager-to-please son. Neither impress me.

It's pretty simple. "Mr." is commonly used either as a term of respect or as a title used for those who one does not have a first name relationship with. Let's put this one away.

I don't know what to think of the Addison pickup. I liked Evans quite a bit, so that kind of bums me out. Addison is a pass rusher, so I'm a bit perplexed. The Colts now have 6 ends on the roster (Mathis, Freeney, Brayton [who has been playing the inside lately], Anderson, Hughes, and now Addison) and 4 of them are pass rushers. While I don't think he'll pass Hughes, I think he might be here to push Hughes. On the other hand, he looked to have a good deal of upside for the Bears, so his signing might just be one of using that waiver ranking and picking up a solid future prospect.

The Indianapolis Colts today claimed defensive end Mario Addison off waivers from Chicago, have come to an agreement with wide receiver Jarred Fayson to sign to the practice squad and waived running back Darren Evans

Addison, 6-3, 252 pounds, was originally signed by the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent on July 26, 2011. He competed in three games with the Bears but did not record a tackle.

Fayson, 6-0, 215 pounds, was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent on July 27, 2011 and was waived by the team on September 3.

http://www.colts.com...dd-0a15c3ab01ba

The Indianapolis Colts today claimed defensive end Mario Addison off waivers from Chicago, have come to an agreement with wide receiver Jarred Fayson to sign to the practice squad and waived running back Darren Evans

Addison, 6-3, 252 pounds, was originally signed by the Chicago Bears as an undrafted free agent on July 26, 2011. He competed in three games with the Bears but did not record a tackle.

Give me a break. Another undersized DE? Mathis is great but IMO, there will not be another equal to him at his size and weight. Is every down a passing down? Is there a law at Colts HQ that says we will not draft a 275 - 285 pound DE who can rush the passer and also hinder the running attack of the opposing team?

Business as usual for the FO. Everyone looking for a change of philosphy in the Colts organization should be prepared for more of the same. Looks like we're going to stick with the rushing the passer with small DEs philosophy while teams seem to have figured it out and just run the ball with Mathis and Freeney are in and throw the ball when they are out.

Give me a break. Another undersized DE? Mathis is great but IMO, there will not be another equal to him at his size and weight. Is every down a passing down? Is there a law at Colts HQ that says we will not draft a 275 - 285 pound DE who can rush the passer and also hinder the running attack of the opposing team?

Chill out. It's not like this guy is going to be a starter, nor was he drafted. Just one of the FO weekly pick-ups