Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats look terrible.

Dustin

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mia has there number it is what it is not taking away from the Pats

Maybe but I don't like the way Brady looks at all. Accuracy way off. Horrible on deep throws like last year. Something to watch rest of the season. But I think pressure got to him and maybe threw him off. Didn't like they way he looked even when not under pressure though.

Maybe but I don't like the way Brady looks at all. Accuracy way off. Horrible on deep throws like last year. Something to watch rest of the season. But I think pressure got to him and maybe threw him off. Didn't like they way he looked even when not under pressure though.

You aren't fooling me. NE won't fall until Belichick and Brady are long gone. 

Only one game BUT lots of worries - Brady's accuracy, Oline (they really will miss Dante Scarnecchia, their long time Oline coach) and D was sieve vs run. Moreno killed us all second half. 

I've always referred to week 1 games as the post-preseason. There's always a lot of funk involved, as this is the first extended action these players have had since last year. 

Brady has been really bad on deep passes since Randy Moss days in 2007. He has never looked this bad on deep balls.

Now, for more bigger concerns, that O-Line looked god awful! They got their butts whooped big time! Miami rushed 4 all day and that O-Line could not stop their rush! They were coming from the edges and middle. Brady will not last a whole season with that O-Line!!!

The Patriots are missing Mankins big time!

Someone call Richie Incognito because we definitely need him!

Now, lets move on to the defense. Like I said on my other thread/post that run stop looked terrible, I think half the guys on our team needs to re-learn to tackle again!

Jones need to stop going one way, he really needs to start securing the edges, its funny how he can't disengage with O-Line men to pursuit the runners, I've seen in several occasions he just can't secure the edges.

This was a winnable game, but all 3 phases of the game looked bad for us. 20-10 lead during the half and we let them score 23 unanswered points. 

Despite everything I've said, I think this was a good thing that this loss came on week 1, hopefully everything will be addressed and we will see some improvements next week.

Oh btw, Revis looked fine, he got beat once deep, but other than that he looked good. The rest of the team looked awful.

Congratulations to the Dolphins and their fans.

Dolphins out played the Patriots pretty much the entire 2nd half.  

After half time the Patriots put it on cruise control and the Dolphins put it in 5th gear.  Patriots couldn't stop the run, Moreno was a beast.  The Patriots' offensive line got beat by the Dolphins' defensive line.  The Phins' D-line looked like the Seahawks D-line.  They got to Brady with just rushing 4 guys often (Mankins effect?).

Games in the NFL are won or lost at the line of scrimmage.  Dolphins dominated the line on both sides.

You can give Brady 10 top WR's, but if you can't protect the QB it's meaningless.  But Tom over threw Edelman by almost 10 yards too.  Brady threw a couple floaters out there.

Of everything the Pats' biggest weakness is their offensive line.

Some bright spots in the game for the Pats = The first half.  They did look good in the first half.

Brady looked bad, and was overthrowing everything... and Gronkowski when he was going out for passes was flailing around and looked lost at times. New England with that run defense will be run over by the Vikings next week. Miami on the other hand looked tough, and Buffalo too. 

Dan Koppen was saying on CSN that the Pats' D-line looked slow, real slow.  That a 3-4 D might not be for Dominique Easley.

Brady looked bad, and was overthrowing everything... and Gronkowski when he was going out for passes was flailing around and looked lost at times. New England with that run defense will be run over by the Vikings next week. Miami on the other hand looked tough, and Buffalo too. 

Pats are light at LB too.  They don't have depth there.

Oline

This. Think they're missing Mankins yet? I can't believe they didn't pay the man.

The Pats have always fielded a great to good O-line over the best decade - including some of the best I've ever seen. Many claim the Pats O-lines over the past few years have been bad, when in reality they've been above average to good. Maybe bad in comparison to the excellence they've demonstrated some seasons, but still some darn good lines I'd kill to have in Indy. A prime example of what bad really is would be our line since 2007. God I hope that changes this year.

So yeah....the Pats might have a below average to bad line for the first time in over a decade. They did lose their O-line coach, the importance of which cannot be understated. I wouldn't hit the panic button as it's only been one game, though. We'll see if they're consistently poor over the next few weeks.

Edit: Also keep in mind the Pats always seem to struggle VS Miami offensively at least one out of their two games a year.

If you told me the Pats would be the only 0-1 team in the AFC East after week one I'd call you crazy. This is like bizarro world. I mean Buffalo at least should have pulled a Buffalo and blown their lead to the Bears.

Brady has been really bad on deep passes since Randy Moss days in 2007. He has never looked this bad on deep balls.

Now, for more bigger concerns, that O-Line looked god awful! They got their butts whooped big time! Miami rushed 4 all day and that O-Line could not stop their rush! They were coming from the edges and middle. Brady will not last a whole season with that O-Line!!!

The Patriots are missing Mankins big time!

Someone call Richie Incognito because we definitely need him!

Now, lets move on to the defense. Like I said on my other thread/post that run stop looked terrible, I think half the guys on our team needs to re-learn to tackle again!

Jones need to stop going one way, he really needs to start securing the edges, its funny how he can't disengage with O-Line men to pursuit the runners, I've seen in several occasions he just can't secure the edges.

This was a winnable game, but all 3 phases of the game looked bad for us. 20-10 lead during the half and we let them score 23 unanswered points. 

Despite everything I've said, I think this was a good thing that this loss came on week 1, hopefully everything will be addressed and we will see some improvements next week.

Oh btw, Revis looked fine, he got beat once deep, but other than that he looked good. The rest of the team looked awful.

"Jones need to stop going one way, he really needs to start securing the edges, its funny how he can't disengage with O-Line men to pursuit the runners, I've seen in several occasions he just can't secure the edges."

Maybe Jones isn't meant for a 3-4 D?  I think with Jones and Easley the Pats should go to a 4-3.  They don't have depth at LB to use a 3-4 IMO.

What do you think of Dennard's performance?

Also, where was Browner, Dobson and Tyms?

"Jones need to stop going one way, he really needs to start securing the edges, its funny how he can't disengage with O-Line men to pursuit the runners, I've seen in several occasions he just can't secure the edges."

Maybe Jones isn't meant for a 3-4 D?  I think with Jones and Easley the Pats should go to a 4-3.  They don't have depth at LB to use a 3-4 IMO.

Browner and Tyms on suspension.

Browner is suspended for the first 4 games, same thing for Tyms.

As far as Dobson goes, he was just inactive today.

I mentioned this before too...I am surprised they went 3-4 this game against the Dolphins. 

I would never consider playing Jones or Ninkovich in a 3-4. They are not good enough.

Easley was not a factor in todays game.

We truly missed Spikes in the middle stuffing the run game.

This Patriots team has to address several issues, or we are not going to win the division this year.

Lastly our run game was non existent, you can't pass all day long and expect to win against that pass rush!

Browner is suspended for the first 4 games, same thing for Tyms.

As far as Dobson goes, he was just inactive today.

I mentioned this before too...I am surprised they went 3-4 this game against the Dolphins. 

I would never consider playing Jones or Ninkovich in a 3-4. They are not good enough.

Easley was not a factor in todays game.

We truly missed Spikes in the middle stuffing the run game.

This Patriots team has to address several issues, or we are not going to win the division this year.

Lastly our run game was non existent, you can't pass all day long and expect to win against that pass rush!

The Patriots miss Blount.  They need a true power runner and one who doesn't fumble.

Questioning the standard of the Oline, calling for Richie Incognito, not impressed with the Run D, questioning your QBs arm on the deep ball...

Sure you're not a Colts fan?! :P

I'm sure this is just a blip in NE's season, unfortunately!

You have to admit that it's hysterical that the Pats lost, especially after the big time celebration done by Brady and Gronkowski after the TD early in the game.  Gotta love it.  They were celebrating like they just won the Super Bowl.  After a touchdown, big deal.  Jerks.  Serves them right to have lost.  Hope it happens frequently this season.  Tom is soooooo professional.  Professionals don't celebrate till they win the game.  At least not the way those 2 jerks did it.