Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis @ Denver (9-6-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what aspect of this game gave him any indication that our line would be able to execute a sneak in a critical situation like that? Bone-headed calls like that are what drive me crazy

Critical 4th down, I'd rather take my time and run a good play. But QB sneak is pretty standard from the half yard line.

GC and Castonzo are playing a whale of a game to this point. Very little pressure coming from the tackle spot on either side against two very good pass rushers.

They dominated the 3rd Q and got 3 points.. I think Denver's 'D' is tiring like the Colts was in the first half

..and the LB situation for Denver is bad

Critical 4th down, I'd rather take my time and run a good play. But QB sneak is pretty standard from the half yard line.

That's kinda my point though. The obvious play isn't gonna work unless you can physically impose your will, regardless of the fact they know it's coming. Nothing prior to that point should've gave him any confidence in us being able to run that play in that situation. I would've liked a fake to the FB and toss better than a sneak. But that's speaking in hindsight

That's kinda my point though. The obvious play isn't gonna work unless you can physically impose your will, regardless of the fact they know it's coming. Nothing prior to that point should've gave him any confidence in us being able to run that play in that situation. I would've liked a fake to the FB and toss better than a sneak. But that's speaking in hindsight

I don't think QB sneak is about physically imposing your will. But you shouldn't allow the other team's line a yard into your backfield on the snap. I actually think the Broncos were in the neutral zone, but whatever. We didn't execute well up front, and the rest is history. I'm fine with the sneak, I just don't like the hurry-up sneak.