Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indianapolis @ Denver (9-6-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ Defense played pretty good just was let down by the Offense

+ Richardson and Bradshaw both had a good game, they played hard and fighted for every single yard. i like!

+ still competitive even if we play like garbage from time to time - just wasted too many chances

+ Offense bounced back at the end of the game 

- digging a hole early in the game like last year

- Offense looked terrible in the first half looked better in the second

- wasted a lot of opportunities

- red zone offense was terrible

- play calling by pep is frustrating

- pass rush without mathis non existent

- penalties & refs

- we always seem to go totally unprepared into the games

Defense was awesome in second half. Landry and Toler worry me though. 

O-Line wasn't as bad as people thought. Thornton and Mewhort had their issues, but Castonzo and Cherilus were pretty solid. Shipley wasn't that bad either.

Luck was Luck, Hicks looked okay, Bradshaw looked great, Wayne looked great. 

Fleener did not play well imo.. Allen had a big TD catch. 

All in all, if you told me before the game that  we were going to go into Denver and lose by 7 points, i honestly wouldn't be too upset about that. Probably what I expected. 

that wasn't holding that was old fashioned pass interference and a pretty obvious one at that.

I don't know. Lots of contact. I can see the case for a flag, but I can see why they didn't throw one also.

And I was just saying, despite all the talk about holding and illegal contact, it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be after the beginning of the preseason.

I don't know. Lots of contact. I can see the case for a flag, but I can see why they didn't throw one also.

And I was just saying, despite all the talk about holding and illegal contact, it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be after the beginning of the preseason.

Should be illegal contact in today's NFL.

he was tackling him before the ball was there and had his hands on him the whole play if you aren't going to throw the flag for that don't have the rule let alone say it's a point of emphasis.

he was tackling him before the ball was there and had his hands on him the whole play if you aren't going to throw the flag for that don't have the rule let alone say it's a point of emphasis.

No, Reggie was going to the ground to get low to catch the ball. Roby went low with him and knocked the ball away. It was a clean play on defense. A flag would have been a worse call.

I don't wanna argue about the call. I think it was borderline.

We should have executed better, then we wouldn't be talking about a PI call on 4th and 6. How about not taking a penalty on 4th and 1?