Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positives and Negatives Colts Vs Jets

Rich Cannon

Positives (1st two possessions)

1. Holmes walked off on his own power

2. Defensive 1st team looks good, good pressure against the pass, solid against the run (2 series first team)

3. I watched Nicks running crisp routes

4. Defensive play calling, much more aggressive (2 series first team)

5. Ty Hilton

6. Pass protection (first team looked good, 1 series)

Negatives

1.Back up center Harrison off with timing, but it's to be expected he's a rookie

2. Offensive line run blocking looked bad (first team)

It's still early first quarter but I'm excited football is here!!!!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the run blocking was looking good with Holmes in. Trent had a nice 9 yd run to start with what looked like a huge lane open down the middle and the second run looking like it had a good push and i think he picked up 4 yds. After Holmes went down it turned to garbage.

anyone else think the 5 yard contact rule against eligible receivers should be illegal for someone like Josh Chapman?  see (I think) the 2nd play of the 2nd jets drive.  colts played a zone and chapman dropped back but got a "press" on Chris Johnson that knocked him to the ground. lol  

Really like what I've seen so far from Chapman.  He's been very stout and surprisingly agile.  on a sweep play to Johnson, Chapman kept the C from fully engaging him, followed the play to the outside and was the first one to hit Johnson.  I think it might have been Gordy that officially tackled Johnson but Chapman got the first hit.  

Let's all hope Holmes recovers quickly because the O-Line looked horrible without him in and I don't see how the Colts have any type of successful season without their starting guard and center.  If he's out for an extended period might want to consider starting Hassleback and protecting the franchise quarterback.  Outside of that I thought it was overwhelmingly positive.

Injuries man... It's like a never ending story. Oh well.

Studebaker is baking up some nice tackles too. I liked him last year on ST's.

So far in this game I think he looks better as an ILB than OLB.  I agree, he's played well tonight.

Let's all hope Holmes recovers quickly because the O-Line looked horrible without him in and I don't see how the Colts have any type of successful season without their starting guard and center. If he's out for an extended period might want to consider starting Hassleback and protecting the franchise quarterback. Outside of that I thought it was overwhelmingly positive.

Are you saying to bench Luck for the season if Holmes is hurt?

So far in this game I think he looks better as an ILB than OLB.  I agree, he's played well tonight.

Your guy Werner took a few steps toward making me look like the worst talent evaluater on this website. His rush looked much faster and more concise, but his drop-back coverage appears to still need a great deal of work. Either way, I was pretty excited to see Vern having a notable presence.

One positive is that Chandler Harnish makes Curtis Painter look like an All-Pro Super Bowl MVP. 

I just ordered a Harnish jersey. My plan is to attach it to my vacuum cleaner in hopes that it will suck a lot harder. The idea seems solid in theory.